Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

knocked out, in a coma....but improved vision?

Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Red face knocked out, in a coma....but improved vision?

Figured id share.........I fell in the shower, broke a few bones, hit my head hard, went unconcious, and was in a coma for 3 days...

Just lastnight (about a week after the accident) I tried to drive around the block......I put on my glasses and had almost full double vision and it was blurry as fawk...I looked at my girl and asked "are u f@cking withme?"

She said no, my glasses weren't touched in a week.....they were on the table when I fell too, so that's not the issue.

I took em off, and I could see much clearer....not like foggy lenses (I cleaned em a dozen times thinking that)......its my eyes I guess, since the glasses look untouched.

Anyone else have something like this happen?

Im making an apt with my eye doc later today.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
That'd be neat if something good actually came out of getting knocked out for 3 days.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
maybe you got bitten by a radioactive spider that got loose in the hospital?

glad you are better..
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely your vision will return to it's normal condition after you have healed some more.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

glad you are better..
rep
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I have no medical education or training, but I would have to assume it follows along with something similar to when one of your senses fails, the others get enhanced until the failed sense returns.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #8
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Firstly; glad to hear you're doing well with recovery. A 3 day coma is no joke. Very traumatic.

I'm assuming you hit the back of your head... Your occipital lobe is where your vision is processed. It's common to have visual disturbances with head injuries and concussions (traumatic brain injury). I, for instance, had horrible double vision when I was concussed a few years back.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of someone's vision getting better after a TBI. I think this would be very dependent on what the cause of your initial eye problem was... Astygmatism, myopia, hyperopia... Ect.

I think most eyeglasses are used to correct issues within the eyes themselves, to correct for physical defects. I'm not sure there are glasses that can correct vision problems based on defects within the vision center of the brain.

It may be possible that you're still in the healing process. Maybe that part of the brain isn't functioning at 100% quite yet?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #9
jb062677 is on a distinguished road
jb062677's Tacoma Gallery
Saw a story on the tube years ago on sprint car driver Doug Wolfgang that had a similar experience. If I remember the story correctly he had a racing accident where another car hit him from the rear and made contact with his helmet. Vision improved afterward and made glasses unnecessary???
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
All I can think of is this (0:26-0:36):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFoqhey_eCA&t=0m27s
Old 01-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #11
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That'd be neat if something good actually came out of getting knocked out for 3 days.
Thnx fuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

glad you are better..
No shit huh? Thnx man.....its odd for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Most likely your vision will return to it's normal condition after you have healed some more.
I hope "normal" is better than b4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod4928 View Post
Fml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
I have no medical education or training, but I would have to assume it follows along with something similar to when one of your senses fails, the others get enhanced until the failed sense returns.
Over time id say yes......but in a week, I dunno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
Firstly; glad to hear you're doing well with recovery. A 3 day coma is no joke. Very traumatic.

I'm assuming you hit the back of your head... Your occipital lobe is where your vision is processed. It's common to have visual disturbances with head injuries and concussions (traumatic brain injury). I, for instance, had horrible double vision when I was concussed a few years back.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of someone's vision getting better after a TBI. I think this would be very dependent on what the cause of your initial eye problem was... Astygmatism, myopia, hyperopia... Ect.

I think most eyeglasses are used to correct issues within the eyes themselves, to correct for physical defects. I'm not sure there are glasses that can correct vision problems based on defects within the vision center of the brain.

It may be possible that you're still in the healing process. Maybe that part of the brain isn't functioning at 100% quite yet?
Astigmatysm......thanx Ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb062677 View Post
Saw a story on the tube years ago on sprint car driver Doug Wolfgang that had a similar experience. If I remember the story correctly he had a racing accident where another car hit him from the rear and made contact with his helmet. Vision improved afterward and made glasses unnecessary???
Would be awesome........but it was a helluva price....my memory is shit and I have multiple issues. Id rather pay for lasik

Thnks guys

Ur favorite asshole
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #12
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I fucking knew it was you.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #13
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha, glad you're getting better man.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #14

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
I fucking knew it was you.
Lies
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #15

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Vision is getting close to normal!

Guess it simply was a concussion related thing
Memory is iffy still, but it should pass.....my g/f works for a neurologist and said effects can come on days to weeks after (odd right?)

And last days to yrs later.

So far so good
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #16
bmpskir will become famous soon enoughbmpskir will become famous soon enough

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
first off I am glad you that you are doing better! what you went through is no joke... but it would have been a funnier thread if you were cross eyed and this straightened them out!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #18

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpskir View Post
first off I am glad you that you are doing better! what you went through is no joke... but it would have been a funnier thread if you were cross eyed and this straightened them out!
Bahahah, indeed.

Just happy to breath on my own after a few days to be honest....I was fighting them and trying to yank the tube outa my throat I guess and they had to tie down my arms.

Some funny shit went down indeed.....

I guess I was flirting with all the ladies, flipped off the doc instead of giving him the asked for "2 thumbs up" and made him laugh, the threatening to run around nekkid.....but due to a deviated septum they couldn't use an NG tube to feed me....I was starving, hence threatening for food I guess.

99% of that id say is storied from friends/family.....I don't remember much at all.

But it sounds like me......comically it was remenicant of jaws about the "we need a bigger boat" when the 2 firefighters hollared " we are gunna need more people in here"

Times when u wish u had a gopro mounted to ur head.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #19

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Btw, fk$% heparin shots......my stomach looks like I got punched by a mac truck
Old 02-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #20
bmpskir will become famous soon enoughbmpskir will become famous soon enough

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
haha... sounds like you were a handful in the hospital... those drugs will make you do that... according to my wife whenever I am under from surgery I am a complete prick to everyone... naturally I never remember...