Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Treadmill problems

Old 02-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Treadmill problems

i figure this is as good as place as any to post this question. is anyone familiar with treadmills? i've been running on mine for over a year now, the belt from the motor to the front roller shredded. i repalced that and the walking belt the other day. i got everything lined up, lubed the walking deck, and let it run for 10 min on its own to make sure all was good. everything looked great. i ran on it last night and as soon as i got around that10 min mark it just shut off. dead display etc.. i opened up that front cover and saw nothing unusual. maybe a little excess heat? put the cover back on and hit the restart button. ran on it again and everything was fine again until around 9 min. shut down again with no warning. i'm hearing no unusual sounds or anything. its almost like it is overheating and shutting down. i dont get it, i didnt do anything except change those two belts. anything else in particular i should look for?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Is the belt too tight?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Belt on too tight over heating motor? Maybe loosen adjusters just enough to give it some slack, then tighten them up as the new belt loosens up. I work with conveyers sometimes and if u have em too tight, either bearings or motor will go, if not the belt. Good luck
Old 02-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
i'll give them both a look. I dont believe they are too tight.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
i re-loosened the walking belt and re-lubed the walking deck. tightened up the walking belt to the point where there was no slipping. let it run for a while and it seemed ok. then i ran on it and after 8 min i got off and chekced the motor. it was hot to the touch. something aint right here considering it never did this before with the old chewed up belt.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
JasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JasperOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Make and model?

Belts and decks are pretty much the #1 issue with treadmills. You replaced the belt but how was the deck? Good job on lubing the deck. Most people don't do that and it is the #1 cause of a failed belt and deck. Improper maintenance kills.

Typically a shut off is a speed system error of some sort. It shuts it down to prevent injury to the user since it is not sure what speed it is going at. Check the speed sensor alignment to the motor rpm disc. You said the motor is hot. Did you ever feel it before? Typically they do get hot. You can try running it on an incline for the 10 minutes and see if it changes. Setting at the top incline typically reduces the motor load by about 30-50%. If it is a load issue you should see a longer run time while on an incline.

That is where I would start. More info on make and model could help.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
its an older one that was given to me. its a fitness gear 830T and no i did not feel the motor before. you're probably right though, it gets hot when operating at 6 mph or so for 30 min straigh lol. the deck looked pretty good. on the udnerside, some of the veneer was separating from the deck but it was intact.