Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Fitness Food Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #341
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post

You lucky mofo, we have to run at like 6AM with 100 other ROTC cadets on the same damn track...

As far as my run time, i was running like a 14:30 @ basic(It was a one mile road, down and back so that helped some,) now im running like 15:xx.... It's depressing because i know for a fact that im faster than that, the track does it to me..
Yea, I remember those days. Eff that. I'm not waking up at 6am for a run.

Do sprints. The only way to get faster is to run fast. Do 400m or 800m repeats.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #342
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Man i love sushi post workout, i only eat nigiri and sashimi tho, sushi rolls are for round eyes.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #343
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Hmm, that doesnt sound too bad, i'll have to try it out.

Put all of that in my juicer?

You lucky mofo, we have to run at like 6AM with 100 other ROTC cadets on the same damn track...

As far as my run time, i was running like a 14:30 @ basic(It was a one mile road, down and back so that helped some,) now im running like 15:xx.... It's depressing because i know for a fact that im faster than that, the track does it to me..
get a song stuck in your head... I do that too haha
Old 12-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #344
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
It's really too easy.

Chicken, 1/2 jar of salsa.
did this today. still cooking
Old 12-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #345
Joshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joshua
Joshua's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't been on here in a while and I'm about to make myself feel like crap for posting what my diet has been the past 3-4 months.

I started at 180. Decided to start a bulk sometime around beginning of September. Maintained my diet eating about 2500-3000 calories a day. Then...late night workouts came in. Along with late night workouts, came late night cravings...for fast food. I figured, hell, a post workout meal with loads of calories and get most of the calories, carbs, I needed day to day. Supplement with a protein shake. As days went by, appetite got larger, I needed moarr foooooddd.

Up calories to 4000-5000 at some point. Around middle of November I was seeing a significant difference in my faht. Random people and friends were telling me how big my muscles are and asking me how I "blew the f up". One bish straight up told me "ohmahgad you have big muscles, what are you doing later?" I didn't know what any of them were talking about since I just noticed how faht I got. One guy asked me what I was on and I told him, "Chik-fil-a, Cane's Chicken Fingers, Popeyes, lots of Subway, Taco Bell, sometimes a couple of those in one sitting, mass gainer"...

I am 225 now. From this point, I will be making another cut. First cut was a life changing weight loss, from 260 to 170, after my senior year of high school. Then, a bulk from 170 to 220 over a 2 or 3 month timespan. Then another cut, to be shredded for the summer, went down from 220 to 180. Then this extremely dirty, juicy, mouth-watering, gluttonous bulk...180 to 225. So I will keep to this cut. Plan on being shredded hardcore jacked by time Spring Break rolls around. I will keep posted on this.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
I haven't been on here in a while and I'm about to make myself feel like crap for posting what my diet has been the past 3-4 months.

I started at 180. Decided to start a bulk sometime around beginning of September. Maintained my diet eating about 2500-3000 calories a day. Then...late night workouts came in. Along with late night workouts, came late night cravings...for fast food. I figured, hell, a post workout meal with loads of calories and get most of the calories, carbs, I needed day to day. Supplement with a protein shake. As days went by, appetite got larger, I needed moarr foooooddd.

Up calories to 4000-5000 at some point. Around middle of November I was seeing a significant difference in my faht. Random people and friends were telling me how big my muscles are and asking me how I "blew the f up". One bish straight up told me "ohmahgad you have big muscles, what are you doing later?" I didn't know what any of them were talking about since I just noticed how faht I got. One guy asked me what I was on and I told him, "Chik-fil-a, Cane's Chicken Fingers, Popeyes, lots of Subway, Taco Bell, sometimes a couple of those in one sitting, mass gainer"...

I am 225 now. From this point, I will be making another cut. First cut was a life changing weight loss, from 260 to 170, after my senior year of high school. Then, a bulk from 170 to 220 over a 2 or 3 month timespan. Then another cut, to be shredded for the summer, went down from 220 to 180. Then this extremely dirty, juicy, mouth-watering, gluttonous bulk...180 to 225. So I will keep to this cut. Plan on being shredded hardcore jacked by time Spring Break rolls around. I will keep posted on this.
damn 260 to 170, thats almost 100lbs. some study did show that as long as you workout and get enough calories what kind of calories had little to do with weight loss or gains, means you can bulk eating chicken and broccoli, or burgers and fried chicken as long as the calories are the same results are not much different.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #347
Joshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joshua
Joshua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
damn 260 to 170, thats almost 100lbs. some study did show that as long as you workout and get enough calories what kind of calories had little to do with weight loss or gains, means you can bulk eating chicken and broccoli, or burgers and fried chicken as long as the calories are the same results are not much different.
Yeah man. It was great. Literally changed my life in every positive way. It took a little over half a year, but so worth it. I was 17-18 at the time, but during my senior year, I got measured to be around 38% bodyfat. Graduating and going on trips and drinking and eating and laying around and drinking more that whole summer probably made me add a little bit more. That following summer when I had lost all that weight...it felt so damn awesome to go to the beach.

That is spot on though, with the calories thing. I've learned that from this bulk. But usually with those amounts of calories, comes lots of fats and sugars and whatever else. The calories are good, everything else that comes from all that junk is what made me add on the fat this time. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was a blast eating all the ish, but it gets you. I'd probably be a bit leaner had I eaten clean chicken, fish, ect...but oh well
Old 12-09-2013, 01:22 AM   #348

Yeah if i eat at 4000 cal a day, i'd be over 300 lbs in 1 month. i was around where you were, 260 around 25% body fat. now im around 275 trying to cut down too.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #349
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I usually eat for breakfast. I'm usually shooting out the front door for work. Oatmeal and organic honey. I usually use egg whites (not pictured) with a scoop of ON protein. Vitamins and a spoon of PB.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #350
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
breakfast. french toast with 3 eggs, 3 pieces of toast, and 2 pieces of bacon. protein shake with 8oz 2% milk, and coffee.

Currently 150 lbs @ 5'11" with 6% BF.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #351
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
That looks good
Old 01-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #352
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is becoming my go to place for food ideas now.

It's helping with achieving my one resolution of eating healthier.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:55 PM   #353
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
This is what I usually eat for breakfast. I'm usually shooting out the front door for work. Oatmeal and organic honey. I usually use egg whites (not pictured) with a scoop of ON protein. Vitamins and a spoon of PB.

how are you doing your eggs? in your shake? how many? I HATE EATING EGGS... I have to scarf them down super fast or I lose interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
breakfast. french toast with 3 eggs, 3 pieces of toast, and 2 pieces of bacon. protein shake with 8oz 2% milk, and coffee.

Currently 150 lbs @ 5'11" with 6% BF.
drenched in syrup lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
This thread is becoming my go to place for food ideas now.

It's helping with achieving my one resolution of eating healthier.
haha stay away from the french toast craziness! lol
Old 01-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #354
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post

drenched in syrup lol

haha stay away from the french toast craziness! lol

I fell off the clean eating train for a while. I couldnt eat enough to gain any weight

Ive gained 7lbs in the month of december
Come late winter, early spring Ill get back to eating clean(ish) and get back to running and biking.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #356

Quote:
Haha.... Clean bulking is pretty rough (as in hard to gain) but its the best way to gain lean muscle mass w/o the huge fat increase
lol Im still at 6%-7% bodyfat. hardgainer to the max
Old 01-03-2014, 02:08 PM   #357
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol Im still at 6%-7% bodyfat. hardgainer to the max
Youre the same height as me and 150... I remember being that tinny and I felt scrawny... shoot.. I still feel scrawny IM 175+ (been a while since I've weighed in)
Old 01-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #358
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Hey TW, need your help with eating healthy. Everything I read says eat egg whites for breakfast BUT I am allergic to egg whites (if they aren't mixed with something else). What is a good substitute to use?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #359

Quote:
Youre the same height as me and 150... I remember being that tinny and I felt scrawny... shoot.. I still feel scrawny IM 175+ (been a while since I've weighed in)
yep, I feel pretty small...haha My current goal is 160 and then Hopefully I can get up to 170 and I think Ill be happy there. Probably not but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
Hey TW, need your help with eating healthy. Everything I read says eat egg whites for breakfast BUT I am allergic to egg whites (if they aren't mixed with something else). What is a good substitute to use?
Steak and grits.

Can you eat whole eggs?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:30 AM   #360

ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Steak and grits.

Can you eat whole eggs?
If the eggs are cooked into something else, like pancake mix etc.., then I can but I can't eat them straight without getting a bad reaction to them.

This morning I had scrambled yolks on toast and another piece of toast with PB.

Products Discussed in this Thread