Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Fitness Food Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2014, 07:58 AM   #361
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
If the eggs are cooked into something else, like pancake mix etc.., then I can but I can't eat them straight without getting a bad reaction to them.

This morning I had scrambled yolks on toast and another piece of toast with PB.
are you wanting to lose weight or gain?
Old 01-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #362
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Sup fellas, I'm back with another important set of questions.

First of all i've been getting into my local Crossfit Gym training with a couple of the fellas there (80$/mth) And my goal is to be a leaner, stronger guy in time for the beach in the summer time and onward in the future of course.

Goal: Leaner,Stronger,Faster, that sorta deal.

My trainer suggested that this month i just eat whatever i want and continue to workout and see what my body does, I'm hoping that i don't blow up and at the same time continue to grow stronger.

Now i currently have an empty kitchen, i haven't been grocery shopping since october really and my supplies are just about up, i have nothing but bologna, and cheese now. In addition, i have some Smart Start(really great) cereal but no milk of course. I've been getting by on hash browns(out of now ) and eggs and bologna.

I figured I'm at the perfect moment to go shopping and stick to my workout regiment as well as maintain a nice diet at the same time.

Im not opposed to taking supplements(never have) but i don't want to just be paying for a name without getting results, but from what i've heard supplements are a placebo really. If anyone has any good suggestions i'd appreciate that.

I don't have a blender, and i'll prob want to invest in one in case i have to make shakes or something.

Thanks again everyone for the help

Cam
Old 01-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #363
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
chicken, vegetables, black beans... basically just whole foods that havent been processed. Eat as much as you want.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #364
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
chicken, vegetables, black beans... basically just whole foods that havent been processed. Eat as much as you want.

this. Stick to the outside isles at the grocery store for the most part.

Also sweet potatoes are great for you.
Nuts - good source of natural fats.
If you still want milk go with organic or almond milk

If you dont have a crockpot you should get one. Makes cooking and prepping meals much easier. Throw whatever in it in the morning and it will be done when you get home from work. Or use before bed and will be ready in the morning.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #365
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
IS there anything i can sub for the black beans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
this. Stick to the outside isles at the grocery store for the most part.

Also sweet potatoes are great for you.
Nuts - good source of natural fats.
If you still want milk go with organic or almond milk

If you dont have a crockpot you should get one. Makes cooking and prepping meals much easier. Throw whatever in it in the morning and it will be done when you get home from work. Or use before bed and will be ready in the morning.
I have lactaid milk(I'm lactose-intolerant) that i picked up today. So for the most part just stick to un processed foods and i should be good to go? There's a farmers market in town i'll just go there to pick up the goods.

What can i make with the sweet potatoes? I have white potatoes though...

I'll make sure to stock up on nuts as well, got a crockpot already too

Prepping meals.. how would i go about doing that in combination with the crockpot?
Old 01-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
IS there anything i can sub for the black beans...

I have lactaid milk(I'm lactose-intolerant) that i picked up today. So for the most part just stick to un processed foods and i should be good to go? There's a farmers market in town i'll just go there to pick up the goods.

What can i make with the sweet potatoes? I have white potatoes though...

I'll make sure to stock up on nuts as well, got a crockpot already too

Prepping meals.. how would i go about doing that in combination with the crockpot?
sub green beans in place of black beans...haha Im not a bean eater but Ill eat the green kind. Fresh though, none of that canned shit.

When I do sweet potatoes Ill either slice it up thin and cook in a skillet with coconut oil and season with Mrs Dash (they are all salt free and have lots of flavors). Or I will slice into spears and bake them. Coat each side with a little coconut oil and then add cinimon and honey to taste.

White potatoes are ok but if wanting to lose weight i would avoid for the most part.

Ive got lots of tupperware that I will pack meals into to take to work. Prep 3 or 4 meals on sunday that way I will have lunch for the week, then eat out on friday. I will make one or two proteins (grilled chicken, talapia, or turkey burgers), a carb would be either brown rice or sweet potatoe, then a big pile of veggies, green beans or a spinach salad or mixed grilled veggies (squash, zuchini, red bell peppers)

Check out the recipies on bodybuilding.com Lots of good stuff over there. If you have instagram check out FitmenCook
Old 01-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #367
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sub green beans in place of black beans...haha Im not a bean eater but Ill eat the green kind. Fresh though, none of that canned shit.

When I do sweet potatoes Ill either slice it up thin and cook in a skillet with coconut oil and season with Mrs Dash (they are all salt free and have lots of flavors). Or I will slice into spears and bake them. Coat each side with a little coconut oil and then add cinimon and honey to taste.

White potatoes are ok but if wanting to lose weight i would avoid for the most part.

Ive got lots of tupperware that I will pack meals into to take to work. Prep 3 or 4 meals on sunday that way I will have lunch for the week, then eat out on friday. I will make one or two proteins (grilled chicken, talapia, or turkey burgers), a carb would be either brown rice or sweet potatoe, then a big pile of veggies, green beans or a spinach salad or mixed grilled veggies (squash, zuchini, red bell peppers)

Check out the recipies on bodybuilding.com Lots of good stuff over there. If you have instagram check out FitmenCook
Throw some bacon on top when you bake them instead of coconut oil....
Old 01-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #368
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:

Alright man much love, will do. Im heading to the gym and i'll have to do some research when i get back so i can make a grocery run.

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #369
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
I've used the livestrong myplate app for a week now. It's simple but I like that. It also has about every food imaginable (including processed/restaurant foods) so it's easy to track intake.

Been paleo for about 3 months now, running 2 miles 4x per week and I'm down almost 30 lbs.
Are u down 30lbs by just running 8 miles per week and eating healthy?

I currently want to lose about 20-30lbs. I am running 15 miles per week and bike about 20miles a week. I eat fairly healthy now, but I've pry lost 2lbs.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #370
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
BTW how do most of u guys food prep? Is it by setting up all your meals and seasoning and when your ready to eat say dinner you cook it? I tried a Sunday and cooked all my meals for the week but by the end of the week everything wasn't in such good shape.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:42 PM   #371
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ski4life7 View Post
BTW how do most of u guys food prep? Is it by setting up all your meals and seasoning and when your ready to eat say dinner you cook it? I tried a Sunday and cooked all my meals for the week but by the end of the week everything wasn't in such good shape.
You have to freeze the later meals
Old 01-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #372
Joshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joshua
Joshua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ski4life7 View Post
Are u down 30lbs by just running 8 miles per week and eating healthy?

I currently want to lose about 20-30lbs. I am running 15 miles per week and bike about 20miles a week. I eat fairly healthy now, but I've pry lost 2lbs.
I do literally no running/cardio. Since the beginning of December, I've been on a diet to loose weight (my cut, starting at 225) and as of today, I'm 207. 17 pounds lost. Although, I was just coming off a bulk, so a good piece was water weight, and I'm young, but regardless I am pulling it off with no cardio.
All it takes is a nice, planned out diet. Basic science of it is: You go in a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:15 AM   #373
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
I use a plan based off the suggestions of Alan Aragon, the dietary adviser for Men's Health. It's easy to follow, easy to track, and easy to prep.
Here it is:
Every day eat two servings of:
1 palm size piece of protein like eggs, chicken, fish, or pork
1 cup starch like brown rice, or sweet potatoes
1 cup fibrous vegetables like spinach, kale, broccoli or cauliflower
1 cup of fruit like grapes or a banana
1 small handful of nuts
1 cup dairy like milk, yogurt, or a serving of cheese
If you are working out heavily, add another serving of vegetables and protein.

I'll usually cook every third or fourth day. The app "My Fitness Pal" helps track calories in and out.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #374
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
just ate my first meal after gym, 1800 calories lol
1 pound 93/7 ground beef with Ms.dash and taco seasoning
4 eggs
2 whole grain tortilla
1/2 cup fat free cheese
2 cups hashbrown
1 cup white rice
2tbsp salsa

1 redbull zero

1800 cal
136 carbs
65 fats
151 protein.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #375
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Made an awesome post-workout Starbucks Frappuccino knock-off protein shake.

1 cup coffee iced
1 cup reduced fat milk + 1 scoop vanilla protein
starbucks pump caramel flavor
coffee caramel

Make coffee, add two pumps Starbucks caramel flavor and shake to chill
pour into large cup, I used a 20 oz tumbler
mix milk and protein powder
pour slowly to layer over coffee
drizzle about 1 tablespoon of caramel over top.
enjoy.

Products Discussed in this Thread