Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Low impact workouts?

Old 02-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Low impact workouts?

Looking for some suggestions on low impact workouts for therapy/recovery.

Some back story-

Friend of my received a medical discharge from the Air Force several years ago after they couldn't figure out the medical condition that was causing him to not meet the PT requirements anymore. He was quite fit back in college but after the discharge he fell into some depression, gained a shitload of weight and been living is his parents' basement ever since.

A few months ago (on the advice of a massage therapist of all people) he had some tests done and tested positive for Lyme disease. He started antibiotics but I convinced him that getting on a healthy diet and exercise would help speed up any recovery. I know he has some motivation now to get his shit together so I've got him coming over every day to use an exercise bike. I really think he should expand on that and start some other low impact exercises, but I have no idea where to go from here.
Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Does he live in an area friendly for mountain bike riding?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
The pool burns calories and is low impact on joints and such.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
dboz is on a distinguished road
dboz's Tacoma Gallery
Treadmill at highest incline at 3MPH is equal to running with it flat at 7 MPH for the same amount of time. Good cardio to burn fat without the pounding.