Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Looking for some support.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for some support.

Just thought I would look for some support from some cool dudes...

My wife has been really ill lately with a combination of Crohn's disease, chronic acid reflux, and some sort of growth she has been feeling lately around her colon, last time she had this they thought it was an ovarian cyst and it turned out to be a massive cyst that tied her innards together and pulled them all over to one side (emergency 5-hour surgery). It was a bad deal.

For the religious folks out there like myself Im asking if you would please send up a few prayers for us that it's nothing major and can be taken care of quickly.

I appreciate it guys, means alot.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
kroving has a spectacular aura aboutkroving has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ken
kroving's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent your way
Old 02-26-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
Brentmeister is on a distinguished road

Navy: Staff Officer USMCR/Contractor
Name: Brent
Brentmeister's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts and prayers my friend. Let not your heart be troubled...
Old 02-26-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys

Man, I'll take all I can get you guys God bless both of you. He's the best doctor known to man so I know it will work out. I don't deserve the favor but my wife sure does that woman is an angel.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #5
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your wife. Stay strong and stay positive the mental battles are just as important as the medicine.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #6
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts and prayers sent your way!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent, brother. Be strong even in the trials.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #8
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent. Stay strong!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #9

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
The bad thing is, stress and worry causes the Crohn's condition to flare, so I've just been trying to keep her calm and not worried about having another really bad experience. Last time the doctors didnt exactly follow procedure on a certain part of the process and it caused her some extreme pain when she should have been sedated. She's haunted by that experience.

Thanks again guys, alot of this is mental so we are comforted by the prayers.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #10
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers to you & your wife. God bless.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #11
MTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

MTL Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers and strength sent during this difficult time.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers for you both.

Semi-related: My wife is pretty stressed by her current job. Her stress is now manifesting in physical form. It got so bad she actually collapsed one day while we were getting ready for work. Lucky I was right behind her and caught her. Long story short, she'll be quitting that job soon and going to school to change careers to something she'll enjoy.

Ken
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #13

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenobe View Post
Prayers for you both.

Semi-related: My wife is pretty stressed by her current job. Her stress is now manifesting in physical form. It got so bad she actually collapsed one day while we were getting ready for work. Lucky I was right behind her and caught her. Long story short, she'll be quitting that job soon and going to school to change careers to something she'll enjoy.

Ken
I know exactly what you're talking about my wife used to have a job at a gun shop and was worked like a slave for a crappy salary but she kept her head up and lasted a couple years. When she had her major surgery I mentioned earlier she went back to work 6 weeks later and they had replaced her. They hired another cashier and harassed my wife every day about the most minor stuff to the point of her coming home one day in tears. I told her not to return to work the next day and that they had replaced her and went around the Family Medical Leave Act by not firing her they just gave her a hard time hoping she would quit.

Needless to say I went to her store the next day to get her stuff and let them have it. God, I was so furious it's amazing I came out of there without handcuffs.

She's better off now working a job she loves that has it's stressful moments but what job doesn't right?

Update: she is feeling a little better this morning we think the pizza she ate last night on an empty stomach got her acid reflux working overtime...
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #14

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Update:

She had an appointment with gastroenterologist at 1PM, they didnt see her until 2:15, she is going downhill running a bad fever and very pale they think either a super bad flare-up, appendix burst, or another cyst formation.

She is being admitted to ER and I'll be away for a good portion of the afternoon. Thanks again for the support guys and please keep us in your prayers.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #15

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Another update:

Turns out, after CT scan, labwork, and an overnight stay in hospital, doctors have determined that there is a stone (crystallized food particle) lodged in the wall of the intestine causing severe inflammation and pain/nausia. They are pretty confident that they can give her antibiotics and reduce the inflammation enough to free it and flush it out, worst case scenario they will need to surgically remove it.

Kinda sucks but thankfully it was not more serious like a comeback of her original cyst or appendix bursting. I'm sure if they surgically remove the stone they will likely take her appendix too if they can get to them.

Thanks again for the support guys it is definitely helping. God bless.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #16
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #17
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like things are looking up for your wife. That's good to hear.

All the best to you both!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #18

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Update: Hopefully the last

After CT scan #2, 2 of 3 doctors agree that the blockage is gone, she has been off pain/nausia meds for 24+ hours and pain/sick free...

She is on liquid/soft food and hopefully comes home later today.

Thanks again guys for the support, this has been pretty stressful for us with all the other stuff we have going on.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #19
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Good to hear. God bless the wife and yourself.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #20
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
That's great news! Still praying for you guys!