Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Anyone have kidney stones?

Old 03-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #21
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Been there, done that.
Want to know what it's like?
Lay flat on your back and have a buddy sit on the floor next to you and strap a knife to his heel. Have him grab your left arm in one hand, your left leg in the other, put the bladed boot in your side (3 or 4 inches above your hip bone) and pull on your arm and leg as hard as he can while driving his heel into your side.
That ought to be real close to the actual experience.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
I woke up with a dull pain to lower left back, it slowly radiated to the front lower left and to my left nut. Pain is always worse at 1:30 in the morning, I got up looked on line to see what it might be on MEDDOC and it was either nut cancer, a twisted nad, Sickle Cell Anemia, kidney stone or I was pregnant. I also couldn't piss
An hour later the pain was horrible I woke my daughters up to drive me to the ER, enroute I called my fire station to meet the ambulance the pain was so F'n bad, of course they were out on a run. By the time we got to the ER I couldn't stand while checking in, I was taken into a room, stripped down and had what felt like a 2x4 rammed up my pee hole, two shoots of morphine didn't put a dent into the pain at all & I was given something else that did the job. The nurse in the room (a male) told me he knew how bad it was because he lost a nut in Iraq, I told him that made be feel like a little girl all the theatrics I was doing because of the pain. I told them to send my daughter home and I was out for 4-5 hrs, no telling what they did to me in the ER.
I had never passed a stone before and hope to never do so again
Old 03-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #24
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I passed a kidney stone at the age of 11... It was 4mm is diameter. During the time it was traveling from the kidney to the bladder was ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS. It was a large stone for anyone the doctors said...

I sat there in bed for days while it tried to pass in pain, they had given me Percodan and other pain killer but that shit did nothing. I finally passed it and didn't even know after like 4 days.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #25
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I have had them, its wicked crazy painful, if they are over 5 MM( millimeters) and shaped like a star fish in many cases they have to operate or use ultra sound to break them up, either way its a long painful process.

Hope all goes well.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #26
docbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

docbrown's Tacoma Gallery
I had one hit me one morning getting ready for work. I handle pain pretty well, but I actually passed out from the pain. Came too with my wife standing over me on the phone to 911. Ambulance got there, loaded me up and headed to the hospital. I was throwing up and shaking so bad I could not stop. Turns out it had embedded and they had to go get it out after a couple of days trying to pass it at home. WONDERFUL drug - Toradol. Four doses of morphine did not touch the pain, but the Toradol took it from a 10+ to a 3 in a matter of minutes. Bonus, no loopy feeling with the Toradol (I hate that drugged feeling). Downside is you can't take it too long or it will burn up your liver.

Feel for you. Hope you get better soon!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #27
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
I had blood in my urine at my yearly and the retest came out the same. They gave me a CT for stones which was clean. So Monday I had the cystoscopy to look for bladder issues. Thrilled it came back fine, but OMG 3 of the worst minutes of my life and it has burned since then to piss.
lol. thats what i had blood in my urine. it痴 all gone now thank god. if it happens in a day or 2 i値l call doc for sure. idk should just been a freak thing or something.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #28
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
if you are prone to getting them, or worried about it

c-r-a-n-b-e-r-r-y juice. not the fake blended stuff, the 100% sour as shit stuff

kick a glass back every night
i知 not really worried. but i think they said i知 at risk since dad has had (i want to say 3+) and one brother has had 2+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Yes I have had them, its wicked crazy painful, if they are over 5 MM( millimeters) and shaped like a star fish in many cases they have to operate or use ultra sound to break them up, either way its a long painful process.

Hope all goes well.
thanks. all looks good now. one think will be to see how it is in the morning.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #29
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Holy, this kidney stone thing sounds absoultely horrible, i hope i never have one, all i drink is water/sweet tea/juice.

I may have to watch the sweet tea after reading all of this...
Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Holy, this kidney stone thing sounds absoultely horrible, i hope i never have one, all i drink is water/sweet tea/juice.

I may have to watch the sweet tea after reading all of this...
yeah i don稚 want to have one either. but first thing i thought when i saw blood in my urine was kidney stones.

sadly i値l probably have one or more in my life.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #31
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was just a trace amount of blood. The doctor even said it can happen and ultimately be normal in that there's no cause, but they had to check and make sure.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #32
WVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
WVtriple's Tacoma Gallery
8mm

It felt like.....hell I can't even describe it. My wife drove me to the ER in the middle of the night, she thought I was having a heart attack. Next day had surgery, spend the next 10 days with a catheter in my pee-hole and still ended up shooting a small pea sized stone into the toilet. The Dr. said the pain was from it moving through my kidney. Plus one to all who say drink cranberry juice and water with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #33
PCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: During Viet Nam
Name: Patrick
PCHearn's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 65 and have had LOTS and LOTS of kidney stones. God, they hurt. They started when I was in my mid-20s. I used to keep them in a pill container. I filled it up, and then I stopped keeping them. I've had Lithotripsy a half dozen times. Heck, I had to have it twice for one of the stones. About 15 years ago, I started taking a prescription called Urocit-K, basically potassium. I take four 1080MG tablets per day. Since I started taking this medication, my stones have slowed to about one every other year. Last year, I cut back to only two tablets per day and within a month, I had two stones. Yep, I'm back to four tablets per day.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #34

well idk if mine was a stone or not. i did have ultrasound of my kidney and bladder today. everything looked good so thats good that it is not anything worse. also glad they did not see any stones starting to build up or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVtriple View Post
It felt like.....hell I can't even describe it. My wife drove me to the ER in the middle of the night, she thought I was having a heart attack. Next day had surgery, spend the next 10 days with a catheter in my pee-hole and still ended up shooting a small pea sized stone into the toilet. The Dr. said the pain was from it moving through my kidney. Plus one to all who say drink cranberry juice and water with a squeeze of lemon juice.
dang! and yeah i got me some cranberry juice the other day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCHearn View Post
I'm 65 and have had LOTS and LOTS of kidney stones. God, they hurt. They started when I was in my mid-20s. I used to keep them in a pill container. I filled it up, and then I stopped keeping them. I've had Lithotripsy a half dozen times. Heck, I had to have it twice for one of the stones. About 15 years ago, I started taking a prescription called Urocit-K, basically potassium. I take four 1080MG tablets per day. Since I started taking this medication, my stones have slowed to about one every other year. Last year, I cut back to only two tablets per day and within a month, I had two stones. Yep, I'm back to four tablets per day.
damn man! I hope i never have one!! and never need to take that much medicine!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #35
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i hope there is never a day that i will have to squeeze a marble out of my crank. i have been tazed, and i think i would rather be tazed 10 more times in lieu of shooting rocks from my grendel. fuck, i wouldnt be opposed to giving birth anally before firing a rock out of my piss pipe, at least if i gave birth i would inherit disney....

ive heard of people who've had them so bad they honestly felt like they were having a heart attack... ive also heard of people who have had to have the dr go in and smash the cocksucker into hundreds of tiny pieces to then be disposed of penally. Fuck that, capital F.
hahahah............. nice. Lithotripsy is super high frequency US that can break them up. Ill pass on kidney stones please. Not really for me. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #36
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I had kidney stones back in 2008. Worst pain I've ever felt. They wouldn't come out either. The doctor ended up using the lithotripsy thing to breadk up two of the largest ones. The others were knocked around by the procedure and all ended up coming out. I think i pissed blood for the next couple days after that and my kidney hurt like hell. Only happened in the right side one.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #37
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
I have had them twice.

The first time I was 22 and staying with my parents, I woke up in the middle of the night is such pain that I could never describe it. Only thing that help, barely, was laying on ice cold tile in the bathroom. I crawled halfway down the stairs, planning to drive myself to the ER, when my mom got up and drove me. They gave me some great drugs. Took three days to pass that one. I was scared to pee; I would hold it until I was about to burst and then I would go scream like a girl in a horror film that just realized the murder was inside the house.

The second time wasn't as bad, but I knew what it was right away and got to the doc for drugs right away and drank so much water that I was pissing 24/7.

I am sure that I will have them again, but I pray that it doesn't happen.

For reference, I have also had appendicitis. Something I am thankful that I can never go again. I am not sure which pain was worse.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #38
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery

I had Gallbladder stones i heard there about the same, lots of vomiting with lots crazy of abdominal pain , sweat like crazy and yellow face.

After 2 emergency visits at 4am to the hospital , made an appointment to have my gallbladder removed. 4 small incisions in my stomach and bingo good as new now.

My buddy had the same type of surgery but in hes case they needed to break the stones down to get them out.

Good luck
Old 06-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #39
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
My second kidney stone was the worst I had ever passed. I had 3 epideral shots at the hospital and eventually was put on a morphine drip to EASE the pain. It still hurt like freaking hell! total of 10 hours of having to deal with this SOB. When it finally passed the doctor said it was approximately 7.5mm in diameter. I saw the dang thing and it looked like a pissed off porcupine! I would rather crap out a bowling ball than do that again. Went to almost exclusive non-caffeine drinks ever since, and that was over 10 years ago.

Other painful things was a gallstone. Not quite as bad as a kidney stone, but still hurt like hell, and I had a hernia when I was like 6.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #40
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
Take vitamin D to keep the calcium in your bones and out of the bloodstream. Since I've been on it, no more stones. 5000 units a day - one pill- makes all the difference.

Limiting calcium intake has shown to not make any difference. Limited calcium will lead to osteoporosis in later years.