Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Anyone have kidney stones?

Old 07-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #41
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
About 5yrs ago I kept having ice pick stabbing pain in my lower left side & found out I had one. Had lithotripsy done & all it did was flatten it. It's lodged in the inner lining of the kidney. Fast forward about a year & I'm in the most excruciating pain of my life...the night before 14hrs of dr appts & tests for my late hubby. This pain was way the hell worse than my childbirth with no meds. Drove myself to the ER. they gave me 2 doses of dilaudid so I was high as a kite. Apparently I passed something, but the CT showed another stone. I asked to see the scan & told them nope.. a piece of the one I already had must've broken of, since it was in the same spot. Nothing since then except some low level nagging pain/discomfort where that one is hanging out.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #42
aznvtaco is a jewel in the roughaznvtaco is a jewel in the roughaznvtaco is a jewel in the rough
aznvtaco's Tacoma Gallery
i had one back in '09 at the age of 30. Mine was only 2mm, felt like i was dying as it made it's way from the kidneys to the bladder (side note...morphine is amazing), but soon as it dropped in the pain was gone. Peeing it out was nothing..i was expecting major pain but felt barely anything different.
and that was for a 2mm size one, i've heard of sizes up to 7mm where surgery was done to get it out
Old 07-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #43
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I had a coworker who would drink coke like water. Among other health issues, he would get at least 1 stone a year.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #44
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
I really wish I didn't read through this thread just now. I feel like I'm going to get a stone any minute now just because I read it, and listening to you guys describe the pain scares me. My dad has passed a few stones over the years. I mainly drink water, milk, and coffee so maybe I will be ok. I never drink sodas and rarely drink sweet tea.

Someone told me one of my coworkers was talking at work one day and literally dropped to his knees and started cussing while peeling his uniform off. It turned out to be kidney stones.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #45
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznvtaco View Post
i had one back in '09 at the age of 30. Mine was only 2mm, felt like i was dying as it made it's way from the kidneys to the bladder (side note...morphine is amazing), but soon as it dropped in the pain was gone. Peeing it out was nothing..i was expecting major pain but felt barely anything different.
and that was for a 2mm size one, i've heard of sizes up to 7mm where surgery was done to get it out
Exact same scenario for me , except I was 21 when it happened. I can't remember a worse pain.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #46
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DblCab View Post
I really wish I didn't read through this thread just now. I feel like I'm going to get a stone any minute now just because I read it, and listening to you guys describe the pain scares me. My dad has passed a few stones over the years. I mainly drink water, milk, and coffee so maybe I will be ok. I never drink sodas and rarely drink sweet tea.

Someone told me one of my coworkers was talking at work one day and literally dropped to his knees and started cussing while peeling his uniform off. It turned out to be kidney stones.
lol.

and I drink a lot of water milk(i have drank a full gallon in little over 24h. i love milk. I have kinda cut back since last year, but i still probably drink 2 or 3 gallons a week. But I also drink mtn dew a lot.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #47
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
My father, who had a history of kidney stones, passed away last weekend due to kidney failure. Doctors said the multiple cases of stones (2 operations, several more ultrasound treatments) damaged the kidneys. That and old age (87) finally did him in.

Drink plenty of water and take your vitamin D!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #48
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
lol.

and I drink a lot of water milk(i have drank a full gallon in little over 24h. i love milk. I have kinda cut back since last year, but i still probably drink 2 or 3 gallons a week. But I also drink mtn dew a lot.
Mountain Dew supposedly has the highest sugar content of any soda. At least pick another brand lol.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #49
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DblCab View Post
Mountain Dew supposedly has the highest sugar content of any soda. At least pick another brand lol.
yeah i know. and usually only have it at home or friends house. usually get coke or something when i go out, or beer.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #50
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleete View Post
My father, who had a history of kidney stones, passed away last weekend due to kidney failure. Doctors said the multiple cases of stones (2 operations, several more ultrasound treatments) damaged the kidneys. That and old age (87) finally did him in.

Drink plenty of water and take your vitamin D!
Sorry for your loss.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #51
stinkyspice has a spectacular aura aboutstinkyspice has a spectacular aura about
stinkyspice's Tacoma Gallery
my dad had them quiet frequently the doc told him asparagus is a big one to watch for which we had almost every night with diner he stopped eating them and he stopped gettting them. watch out for those asparagus!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #52
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival: have one now. Day 3. Spent the first day in the ER, man it is horrible. Combined with a kidney infection. Feels like a blade in my stomach, a truck on my lower back and a vice on the boys. Unfortunately, it is causing a delay in my moving. So, I am not happy about any of it.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #53
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmans.army View Post
Thread revival: have one now. Day 3. Spent the first day in the ER, man it is horrible. Combined with a kidney infection. Feels like a blade in my stomach, a truck on my lower back and a vice on the boys. Unfortunately, it is causing a delay in my moving. So, I am not happy about any of it.
Bummer man sorry to hear. What was the diameter? If its too large to pass or wont move they might do the lithotripsy. Thats what they did for mine. None of mine wanted to move. They just set up camp and started singing kumbaya in there.

Drink more water. Thats what my dr said.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #54
B4nn3d
jetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant future

Name: Aren
jetta.the.hut's Tacoma Gallery
Had a lot, I've had a lithotripsy and passed them the old fashion way, mine are caused by potassium and calcium. I drink no milk and limit my calcium but I still get them.
Passed a 8mm last year, ripped me apart from kidney to .....
Old 10-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #55
B4nn3d
jetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant future

Let's see forgot to post specific,

Passed a 6mm at age 16, 4 IVPs.
Passed one around 4mm no help,no medical intervention
Passed another 6, before I kidney got clogged threw up urine for 12 hours in the ER.
3IVPs on that one.
Last year had 5 IVPs, and an ultrasound, then was sent to get the lithroptiprsy, never again.
I've passed 2 since.
Doctor had me on a maintance dose of diareditcs but I work outside and all over and I was peeing every 5 minutes so I quit taking them.

Have not been back to the doctor since the last one and unless I end up back in the ER I never will.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #56
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Rustbucket's Tacoma Gallery
I had 3 my senior year of high school. Two small ones which caused some blood and minor pain, and one big one that I could actually see once it passed. By far the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Was due to my body not processing the calcium I was taking in, luckily I haven't had any issues since but I am not looking forward to the day that I get another one
Old 10-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #57
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Jeezus !! Some of you have had multiple afflictions with stones, & so young too !!!

I pray I NEVER suffer this common medical malady...
Old 10-07-2013, 04:14 AM   #58
B4nn3d

A lot of this stems from phosphates in brown soda, Pepsi,and Coke and others.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #59
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round 1: Passed a small one a couple days after moving from AZ to OR. Don't know the size but it was small enough to pass, though not pleasantly.
Round 2: Gotta call the doc in the morning. Not as much pain as I was when I had to go to the ER, but now it feels like I'm being shredded. Percocet helps a little bit, but not nearly enough before I am hugging the porcelain. It is definitely making it hard to look for work or do any work on my car.

On a side note, forget typical torture techniques on our enemies, give them all something to cause kidney stones. This sucks.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #60
Just a guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta.the.hut View Post
A lot of this stems from phosphates in brown soda, Pepsi,and Coke and others.
And something I didn't know and the VA docs didn't say, tea. I did a little research after all this started and I found out that my primary drink can and does cause the formation of stones. Sucks because I mainly drink tea, unflavored water sometimes makes me vomit (weird, I know).