Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Anyone have kidney stones?

Old 12-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #61
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Drink more water...
Old 12-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #62
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks for sure.On my way to work at 4:30 in the morning in sept when it hit.Was the worst.You cant stay still and the pain is the freaking worst.3 shots of dilaudid and I was in happy town.Dilaudid was told is like ten times more powerful than morphine.Drinking water after by the bottle and still took 4 weeks later to pass it.Hold your junk to build back pressure and let it rip.Goes off like a gun and barely felt it.Mine was anly slightly larger than 2mm.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #63
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Drink more water...
Went with water and unsweetened cranberry juice. Passed a 3.5mm and a bunch of sand, best way to describe it.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #64
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmans.army View Post
Went with water and unsweetened cranberry juice. Passed a 3.5mm and a bunch of sand, best way to describe it.
Water is good ;-)
Old 01-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #66
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmans.army View Post
Except southern Arizona water.
Nope. Its still good.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #67
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
I had my first one right before Christmas. I thought my kidney would explode. It took:
- One surgery to try and get it out. Doc couldn't reach it (too high up) so he put a stint in from my kidney to my bladder. I peed myself several times the next few days.
- 5 days later the doc pulled the stint out. OMG what a flash of pain that was. Over the next two weeks the stone did drop some.
- Two weeks after the first I surgery the doc tried again to go get it. Lucky the 6x4MM stone finally dropped enough for him to grab. Doc put another stint in as the ureta can contract after trauma like that.
- A few days later the doc pulled out the 2nd stint. Yowee that wasn't fun again.

The guys at work asked, "Where did he cut you?" Oh, he didn't cut me. He went in thru my pecker for those 4 procedures with my feet up in the stirrups. During the two surgeries I was knocked out. During the two stint removals I wasn't. The stint removals take all of 30 seconds but there's no pride left after something like that. He sticks a scope in, grabs the stint, and pulls very fast. After the surgeries I pissed fiery lava for 3 days.

I'm pretty sure I had the stone because I was not drinking enough water (too much coffee instead).

Right after that I had 2 pancreatic attacks. That hurts just as much as kidney stones and I spent 3 days in the hospital during the 2nd attack. Those mess up your liver functions and can cause organ damage. Alcoholism is a major cause for that but I only have like 2 beers a month. My doc is still trying to determine root cause for that.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #68
island taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Vince
island taco's Tacoma Gallery
I never felt pain like it! Felt like trying to pee a thorny golf ball. Have had 3 attacks and passed 2. Had to remove the other by surgery because of the size. My doc said if you can save the stone they can analise it to see what your eating that's causing them. He told me to pee through nylons. Also drink plenty of water. It helps flush before they begin.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #69
JDM is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Have had a few large ones - the largest at 6mm. Pretty sure I've passed small ones here and there. The pain is the worst. I vomit over and over up front (didn't hear folks mention this), then it's just the pain in the lower back.

Each one was a different experience:
- first one caused me pain for about 5 hours, then stopped. It apparently had retreated back to the kidney. Pissed through a strainer for about two weeks and caught it - no pain. It's arrival was a surprise.
- second one was the 6mm. I was told that 1-5mm was considered "passable". They gave me some options and I went with trying to pass it. Spend two days in the hospital doped up and passed it. Knew it was coming, and it was uncomfortable, and plenty of blood in the urine.
- third one was 4.5mm IIRC. Went to ER, got checked out and some good meds, then released with a prescription for some med pills I'm holding onto for the next attack (found out my med insurance doesn't cover as much of the ER visit as it used to - yikes! don't want to go back there unless I'm dying). Turns out I didn't use the meds, as the pain passed. Within a week I passed it - knew that one was coming too but not too painful.