Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Anyone have kidney stones?

Old 03-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have kidney stones?

Like the tittle says. anyone on here that has had them?

Both my dad and oldest brother have had more than one.

I’m not sure yet, but may have just passed a really small one tonight. will be going to doc next week. I have not had any pain or anything. till tonight.(was not even pain, but something els that makes me think it is. dad was up and told him.)

edit: figured that there had to be some people that have had them, so that why i made a thread. and people who have not could ask thinks to look out for or do if they have one or how to keep from having one.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post

Iím not sure yet, but may have just passed a really small one tonight. will be going to doc next week. I have not had any pain or anything. till tonight.(was not even pain, but something els that makes me think it is. dad was up and told him.)

edit: figured that there had to be some people that have had them, so that why i made a thread. and people who have not could ask thinks to look out for or do if they have one or how to keep from having one.

I haven't had one but from what I hear, you'll know it when you have to pass one (piss it out) Bamboo shoots under the fingernails sounds more humane...

I'd watch your calcium intake
Old 03-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #3
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
I haven't had one but from what I hear, you'll know it when you have to pass one (piss it out) Bamboo shoots under the fingernails sounds more humane...

I'd watch your calcium intake
yeah. both dad(who is 62 now) and brother who is 30. had them bad. Brother i think had them about my age i donít really remember. but i have also read that you can have small ones and not even know you passed them. which is what iím thinking may have happened to me.

(Googled my symptoms and does not really match up to anything els. Will probably try and go to the doc this coming week. and make sure)
Old 03-02-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
i hope there is never a day that i will have to squeeze a marble out of my crank. i have been tazed, and i think i would rather be tazed 10 more times in lieu of shooting rocks from my grendel. fuck, i wouldnt be opposed to giving birth anally before firing a rock out of my piss pipe, at least if i gave birth i would inherit disney....

ive heard of people who've had them so bad they honestly felt like they were having a heart attack... ive also heard of people who have had to have the dr go in and smash the cocksucker into hundreds of tiny pieces to then be disposed of penally. Fuck that, capital F.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #5
mknipp has a spectacular aura aboutmknipp has a spectacular aura about
mknipp's Tacoma Gallery
I have had 3 flare ups with kidney stones and actually only passed one. They took a MRI or something of my kidneys the second time when I actually passed my stone and I could see some small stones still in there. I still have the stone I passed, looks like a black grain of sand is all, but I tell you what, you know if it's a kidney stone. Once you have one, and then the pain begins again, look out. The pain is immense, and the worst pain I've ever felt.

The first time I didn't know what it was but it was the worst pain ever. Sad thing is, once you get them, you have them again. It stinks the only thing you can do is pass it. Over the counter pain meds aren't nearly strong enough to handle the pain so I've been to the emergency room twice just for pain meds basically. They usually give me a prescription for percaset or other strong meds but the liquid stuff they use in the ER is much better. The prescription stuff is only enough to take the immense pain away but still hurts something fierce when on those meds.

I wouldn't wish kidney stones on anyone.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #6
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i hope there is never a day that i will have to squeeze a marble out of my crank. i have been tazed, and i think i would rather be tazed 10 more times in lieu of shooting rocks from my grendel.
ive heard of people who've had them so bad they honestly felt like they were having a heart attack... ive also heard of people who have had to have the dr go in and smash the cocksucker into hundreds of tiny pieces to then be disposed of penally. Fuck that, capital F.
Yeah i hope i did not/donít as well. being tazed sucks as well.

dad and bro had to have them taken out a time or 2, and than other time(s) could pass them.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #7
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
There was this old contractor over sears that passed out from the pain of one. We got him to the docs though. I am sure glad I dont forsea that in my future
Old 03-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #8
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:

Iím not sure yet, but may have just passed a really small one tonight. will be going to doc next week. I have not had any pain or anything. till tonight.(was not even pain, but something els that makes me think it is. dad was up and told him.)

my grandmother had one, and she drank a shit ton of soda. Diet may stop you from getting the calories, but that shit is horrible for you
Old 03-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #9
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
my grandmother had one, and she drank a shit ton of soda. Diet may stop you from getting the calories, but that shit is horrible for you
yeah. i drink like 1 or 2 MTN dew a day.(use to be more but i cut it back) but i also try and drink a lot of water and milk. donít drink any diet drinks.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #10
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
yeah. i drink like 1 or 2 MTN dew a day.(use to be more but i cut it back) but i also try and drink a lot of water and milk. donít drink any diet drinks.
no more of that fn dew bro. That shit is horrible for you. I am not a health nazi either. We all have to have some type of escape. Mine is Copenhagen

The thing i dont like about dew and energ drinks is that if you arnt carefull, you can get moobs. I almost let myself slip into them when i was a kid
Old 03-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #11
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
Had them twice, about 3 months apart, back in 2000. The first one woke me up in the middle of the night, and it felt like somebody hit me with a bat in my middle back- dull, throbbing pain. It moved around to my front parts, and changed to an incredibly sharp pain. It took about 3 hours to pass it. I was so scared because I didn't know what it was at first. Peeing it out felt like somebody was dragging a piece of barb wire through my gentleman's sausage. The second time it took almost 6 hours- I've heard some take a lot longer I've changed my diet since then (Tums and Gatorade were a staple of my diet, both have lots of calcium) and avoid fatty, processed foods as much as possible. I have not had any more since then. The women I have talked to who have had them and have also given birth say the kidney stone pain is way worse. Unsweetened cranberry juice is supposed to be helpful in treatment and prevention of them FWIW.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #12
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
im going to eat salad, red meat, and drink only water for the rest of my life. fuck this.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #13
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i hope there is never a day that i will have to squeeze a marble out of my crank. i have been tazed, and i think i would rather be tazed 10 more times in lieu of shooting rocks from my grendel. fuck, i wouldnt be opposed to giving birth anally before firing a rock out of my piss pipe, at least if i gave birth i would inherit disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknipp View Post
I have had 3 flare ups with kidney stones and actually only passed one. They took a MRI or something of my kidneys the second time when I actually passed my stone and I could see some small stones still in there. I still have the stone I passed, looks like a black grain of sand is all, but I tell you what, you know if it's a kidney stone. Once you have one, and then the pain begins again, look out. The pain is immense, and the worst pain I've ever felt.

The first time I didn't know what it was but it was the worst pain ever. Sad thing is, once you get them, you have them again. It stinks the only thing you can do is pass it. Over the counter pain meds aren't nearly strong enough to handle the pain so I've been to the emergency room twice just for pain meds basically. They usually give me a prescription for percaset or other strong meds but the liquid stuff they use in the ER is much better. The prescription stuff is only enough to take the immense pain away but still hurts something fierce when on those meds.

I wouldn't wish kidney stones on anyone.
Quote:
Yeah i hope i did not/donít as well. being tazed sucks as well.

dad and bro had to have them taken out a time or 2, and than other time(s) could pass them.
Quote:
There was this old contractor over sears that passed out from the pain of one. We got him to the docs though. I am sure glad I dont forsea that in my future
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuxdiesel View Post
Had them twice, about 3 months apart, back in 2000. The first one woke me up in the middle of the night, and it felt like somebody hit me with a bat in my middle back- dull, throbbing pain. It moved around to my front parts, and changed to an incredibly sharp pain. It took about 3 hours to pass it. I was so scared because I didn't know what it was at first. Peeing it out felt like somebody was dragging a piece of barb wire through my gentleman's sausage. The second time it took almost 6 hours- I've heard some take a lot longer I've changed my diet since then (Tums and Gatorade were a staple of my diet, both have lots of calcium) and avoid fatty, processed foods as much as possible. I have not had any more since then. The women I have talked to who have had them and have also given birth say the kidney stone pain is way worse. Unsweetened cranberry juice is supposed to be helpful in treatment and prevention of them FWIW.
Quote:
im going to eat salad, red meat, and drink only water for the rest of my life. fuck this.

As you can see, you're not alone dude, I just turned 55 & pray I NEVER suffer this medical malfunction
Old 03-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I had blood in my urine at my yearly and the retest came out the same. They gave me a CT for stones which was clean. So Monday I had the cystoscopy to look for bladder issues. Thrilled it came back fine, but OMG 3 of the worst minutes of my life and it has burned since then to piss.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #15

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
As you can see, you're not alone dude, I just turned 55 & pray I NEVER suffer this medical malfunction
Old 03-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #16
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
sugar in sweet tea or soda increases risk
Old 03-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #19
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Stones can be hereditary. drink lots of lemon water. I used to repair Lithotripsy machines. Opt for shockwave therapy before surgery if its an option.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #20
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
if you are prone to getting them, or worried about it

c-r-a-n-b-e-r-r-y juice. not the fake blended stuff, the 100% sour as shit stuff

kick a glass back every night