Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Polar Heart Rate Watches

Old 03-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Polar Heart Rate Watches

Anybody familiar with the Polar watches?

Here's a link: www.polar.com

I wanted to buy one for my girlfriend but wondering if it's worth it or maybe there's something out there better that I don't know about.

Let me know what you guys/girls think about it.

Mahalo
Old 03-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
yes and polar has been doing it longer than anyone

they are top of the line

however decide if you also want a gps like garmin edge 500 and heart rate
integrated with wireless...can collect some fun stats if you are moving outdoors
Old 03-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

There's some stores here that are supposed to carry the polar watches. Going to check them out when I get time. Only thing I really don't like is the price. Also there is some body strap that's supposed to monitor heart rate that comes with the watch.

Is that strap uncomfortable? It seems like it would be a real nuisance.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Polar FT4 and I love mine. The strap isn't uncomfortable at all. I thought it was going to be also but it's not bad at all. It is a lot of money but it's worth it if you want to get an accurate measurement of heart rate and calories burned during a workout.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #5

I wonder if they will let me or my girlfriend try it on. Local Sports Authority should have it hope they don't jack up prices here on the islands, which is almost always the case.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my women's Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Bronze/Bronze)
off Amazon this summer & love it.
My doctor recommended it for hitting my target HR for she uses the same one.
The band is not cumbersome and honestly do not even feel it.
It works great & is simple to use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
Longo118 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Engine man
Longo118's Tacoma Gallery
Ive heard many positive reviews about them! Ive been looking into one myself except my Tacoma keeps emptying my wallet on the days my girlfriend isnt