1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electronic Cigs

Discussion in 'Health' started by WTFaulkner, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Jun 22, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    Ghostrider757

Ghostrider757 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    Have you ever used a hybrid before?

2. Jun 22, 2013 at 5:08 AM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    I haven't. I'm pretty new to this. I'm basically looking for the best of the best on everything. That's why I ordered the Provari. I don't want to have to upgrade my setup in any period of time.

I'm open to suggestions, but it looks like I'll be ordering the Z-Atty, unless I can find something better by the end of the weekend.

3. Jun 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG]
    1100mAh egos with Kanger T3s

[​IMG]
    Eyeglass case modded to hold 3 Kanger T3s

4. Jun 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    jblaze805

jblaze805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ventura/Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 trd pre-runner
    2.5" king coilovers, caburg uca, magnaflow exhaust, aem intake
    Just got into vaping, no nicotine in my juice, using it as a portable hookah i would say. Here is my setup

itaste MVP
    iclear 30 Tank

fb302d5f-d59e-43ad-956d-99c878e827b3_e683ff80f078a33aeb9f68b43a174304bbf68e4e.jpg

Love it so far.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  5. Jun 22, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    This is the one my buddy has.
    [​IMG]

6. Jun 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    Ghostrider757

Ghostrider757 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    Hate to say it, but the Z-Atty is far from the best and has a VERY airy draw, same with a provari. The provari isnt terrible, its a good VV device. The problem you will run into is that genesis atomizers require LOW ohms for optimal performance generally 1 ohm or less. MUCH different than your typical carto or clearo. The Provari has an amp limit and as long as you stay above 1 ohm, it will work, but maybe not to ones satisfaction. If you reach the amp limit it will error out. Also, because of the nature of metal on metal (coil on stainless steel mesh) you will have LOTS of shorts and it will become frustrating due to the circuitry on the provari. Next thing to remember.....hybrids must be in the vertical position when not in use otherwise they will leak out completely. So no, you cant put it in your pocket safely moreso because the top cap will come off easily.

If you want to get into hybrids. I wouldnt go all out unless you have money to blow. On the cheap end, get an AGA-T instead of the Z-atty, its like $25. For hybrids, I would go with a mechanical mod, this way you dont get frustrated and have stupid errors. Depending on your budget, You can get a Kamry K100 (I think they are around $100) but I would recommend the EA-Mod (About $200), Nemesis (About $175) or an iHybrid pure that is due to be released soon (18500 battery tube and genesis atomizer all in one) which hits like a freight train and is only $99

Remember, none of this is "the best of the best". If you want to talk about $1500 ecigs....you just let me know lol. Its all about what works for YOU. If a carto does the trick, awesome....dont buy for the "cool factor" or how something looks...buy what works.

Do yourself a favor and do some research....dont just buy shit cause other people have it lol.

7. Jun 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM
    Marc702

Marc702 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    DC/PRERUNNER
    Been vaping since I quit smoking 1.28.13.

I've been using the less expensive brands.

I kicked it up today, Joyetech eVic.

Huge difference in the quality, IMHO.

IMG_0075.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  8. Jun 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    Wishbone1965

Wishbone1965 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    It's like Christmas in June :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jun 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    Sweet man! What flavors did you get?

I've tried fruit juice, caramel, and a random tobacco flavor to start. They were all terrible lol

Went to the local vape shop, and found Mt. Dew flavor. It's my current favorite.

10. Jun 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    Wishbone1965

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    I went overboard! I ended up getting 9 flavors! Bet I tried 40. Think I was completely numb when I walked out the door...LOL!

Butterscotch
    mocha choc
    strawberry lemon
    zombie brains
    frozen zombie brains
    almond coffee
    nanner pudding
    tabaccy
    travesty

Surely there is something tasty in there :D

11. Jun 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    ALawrence

ALawrence Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma Sr5 Double cab 4x4
    So gave up on the SMOK cartomizer tank...to much leaking and flooding all the time. Me and the wife went to the ismoka BCC mega tanks.
    [​IMG]

She has it on the ego c twist, I have a ego battery as a stand by, I got this X6 battery pretty bad ass.
    [​IMG]

12. Jun 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    Kirk1589

Kirk1589 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Sticks-RI
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 Off-Road
    Pasti-Dip Grille, K&N drop-in, Magnaflow 14", Custom tail light mod, Fog light mod, diff vent mod, Alpine Components, Sequoia JBL radio
    try Evic AWESOME. I'm into mixing whole 9 yards. get on my level
    [​IMG]

13. Jun 23, 2013 at 5:46 AM
    jblaze805

jblaze805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ventura/Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 trd pre-runner
    2.5" king coilovers, caburg uca, magnaflow exhaust, aem intake
    :eek: dayum nice collection, did u make that case or did you buy it from somewhere? How does the kanger pro hit on the itase mvp?

14. Jun 23, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    Wishbone1965

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    Is that a Kanger pro tank on the provari mini? If so, how do you like it?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  15. Jun 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    Kirk1589

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Sticks-RI
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 Off-Road
    Pasti-Dip Grille, K&N drop-in, Magnaflow 14", Custom tail light mod, Fog light mod, diff vent mod, Alpine Components, Sequoia JBL radio
    Massive vape and the case I got at a crafts store it was like $12

16. Jun 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    Kirk1589

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Sticks-RI
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 Off-Road
    Yessir

17. Jun 25, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    After getting my Provari:

4 cigs the first day owning it

3 cigs 3 days ago

2 cigs 2 days ago

1 cig yesterday, when first waking up is the hardest one to not smoke for me

Haven't smoked a single cig today. This is from a guy who has smoked two packs a day for 18 years.

THANKYOU! To the OP for making this thread, and everyone who has contributed. I never would have known about these things if not for this. E-cigs are not a popular thing here in Alabama.

18. Jun 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Got a few new juices in while I was away on vacation:
    [​IMG]

Cinnamon Red Hot, Root Beer, Get Razzled, Sour Yum, Lemon Drop, Hot Chocolate and Hawk Sauce. Letting them all steep for a couple of weeks but so far couldn't resist trying the Root Beer. Tastes pretty good without steeping - Anise flavor with a light aftertaste. This should only get better with a little time. I'll report on the other ones as I try them.

@Randy - I'll get those juices sent out today. They came all the way to Palm Springs and Las Vegas with me but I wasn't able to get to a post office :D

Also took a few moments during my vacation to order an eVic, Trustfire charger, batteries and a couple of K9 Protanks which look like a Kanger Protank knock-off but only $7/each. All from FastTech. Hopefully those will arrive early next week.

I am keeping my eyes open for the iTaste MVP V3. It's all I can do NOT to buy the V2 right now...

I did notice that the Protank was leaking everywhere when there is pressure change, such as in an airplane or when going up and down mountain passes. Travelling with the ecig upside down usually helped with my specific setup. For the airplane, I separated the Protank from the battery and leave the atomizer slightly unscrewed to prevent any vacuum effect.

Still no analogs since starting my e-cigarette revolution :p

19. Jun 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.

Agree 100%. Nice Anise flavor after 1 week of steeping, hint of Root Beer finish. Expect this to transition to Root Beer as the next few weeks go on. Ordered Root Beer based on your review :)

20. Jun 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!

Nice! That's the exact same setup I am using. I just ordered an eVic for home vaping so this setup will be used mostly at work or on the road in the future. Totally happy with this setup. Once it arrived I poured juice in and started vaping. As a newb, it seemed to put out more vapor than I could handle. The new setup I got just because I'm getting sucked into this world of vaping.

As I mentioned before, the NW WA Meet thread and my Taco are getting a lot less attention since I dove into e-cigs. I'm even spending a ton of time on the e-cigarette forums learning stuff and hardly any time on TW. :anonymous:

I'll bring my focus back to trucks and firearms soon but for now quitting smoking is sure a lot of fun.

To Top