Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Electronic Cigs

Old 08-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #481
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
My favorite so far is Hawk Sauce from MtBakerVapor.

Hawk Sauce E Juice Baker Vapor

And due to the great Hawk Sauce shortage of 2013 they came up with Faux Hawk.
"Everything you love about the original Hawk Sauce, but with a twist of raspberry"
I haven't tried it yet but I will on my next order.

I really like the Hawk Sauce as well. To me, it's kind of like a sour yum with a hint of berry and a nice minty overtone.

Having hit or miss luck with fruit e-juices overall. Lemon Drop and Get Razzled were just 'ok', but Sour Yum and Pina Colada were pretty tasty. Ecto Cooler (kind of an Orange Lemon mix) was not that good. Hawk Sauce kicks butt.

Last week, I pre-paid for a ShanMod:
http://shop.shanmods.com/Gadget-Dual...tDual18650.htm

That should arrive in 1-2 weeks. Giggety!

Interested in the Itaste VTR. Didn't get the MVP yet just because of the anticipation of the VTR. In the meantime, the ShanMod should keep me well entertained with respect to a box form factor. DNA20 here I come.

Also ordered a Trident Stainless Steel Rebuildable Atomizer and ATTY Rebuildable Atomizer from FastTech. I'm finding that different attys/wicks/voltages really make a difference in the taste of your e-juice. Stuff that doesn't taste good one way tastes a lot better vaped a different way.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #482
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

In the meantime, I took my Taco in for a wheel alignment today.... and vaped in the loaner vehicle like a champ!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #483
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
In the meantime, I took my Taco in for a wheel alignment today.... and vaped in the loaner vehicle like a champ!
I vape in my GOV truck all damn day.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #484
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a few items this week.

Red Silver Bullet w/black button, kick and Ibtanked tank on Monday from the classifieds.
Red Silver Bullet w/silver button ( scarce ) from AltSmoke Cincinnati on Monday.
Silver Vein BB ( for work carry ) on Saturday.

And my current Bullet lineup:

Old 08-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #485
FlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Joe
FlashCulprit's Tacoma Gallery
Been using the protank 2 for about a week now. Has anyone else had issues with inconsistency? I noticed 1 in ten hits is definitely burnt tasting. Tried dropping down a few notches and it floods. Any tips?
Old 08-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #486
yesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really nice

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys, just wanted to say I quit cigs Thursday 08/15/2013 at 2pm
I have bought one of those disposable blu ecigs twice before when I had to take a long trip in a car I couldn't smoke in. not to quit just for the situation.

10years at a pack a day...

anyway I knew if I wanted to quit for good, id need something better and more enjoyable. On Thursday I bought a black ego C twist 900 with a black kanger evod, I also got a case, a charger and an extra atomizer and 10ml of 24mg watermelon. Haven't smoked a cig since!
On Saturday I bought an extra battery white ego c twist 650 so I have something while one is charging, and a little smaller. I love these things and I feel better already.

Im a total noob with this, but I feel like this is a financially and healthier turning point in my life.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #487
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCulprit View Post
Been using the protank 2 for about a week now. Has anyone else had issues with inconsistency? I noticed 1 in ten hits is definitely burnt tasting. Tried dropping down a few notches and it floods. Any tips?
You may just have a bad atomizer. Buy a replacment and you should be okay. I had the same problems.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #488
FlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of lightFlashCulprit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
You may just have a bad atomizer. Buy a replacment and you should be okay. I had the same problems.
Tried swapping atomizers in the unit a handful of times. What Ohmage are you running? 2.5 or 1.8?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #489
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the switch. Keep it up. It gets easier every single day. The hard part is ( at least for me ) is not buying too many mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmar View Post
I have bought one of those disposable blu ecigs twice before when I had to take a long trip in a car I couldn't smoke in. not to quit just for the situation.

anyway I knew if I wanted to quit for good, id need something better and more enjoyable. On Thursday I bought a black ego C twist 900 with a black kanger evod, I also got a case, a charger and an extra atomizer and 10ml of 24mg watermelon. Haven't smoked a cig since!
On Saturday I bought an extra battery white ego c twist 650 so I have something while one is charging, and a little smaller. I love these things and I feel better already.

Im a total noob with this, but I feel like this is a financially and healthier turning point in my life.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #490
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattnatti View Post
Congrats on the switch. Keep it up. It gets easier every single day. The hard part is ( at least for me ) is not buying too many mods.

X2 on this, I think I have spent over $200 in the last month. I was on the blu for 6 months and now it is nothing but tanks mods and juice. It is still less than what I was spending on the analog and less than I was spending on the blu cartridges.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #491
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about to go down to my local "head shop" and pick up an eGo vision starter. I tried the blu for a while and found myself smoking a cigarette everytime I was around some body with them.

Hopefully this thing can get me off it for good. back and forth between 1/2 pack to 1 pack a day for 6.5 years

If anyone has any suggestions, if this is a good one, or not, or what mods I can do for it, be sure to let me know
Old 08-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #492
Team no taco

Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins View Post
I'm about to go down to my local "head shop" and pick up an eGo vision starter. I tried the blu for a while and found myself smoking a cigarette everytime I was around some body with them.

Hopefully this thing can get me off it for good. back and forth between 1/2 pack to 1 pack a day for 6.5 years

If anyone has any suggestions, if this is a good one, or not, or what mods I can do for it, be sure to let me know
If you go with the eGo starter kit the fisrt thing I would upgrade is the Tank. Kanger Protank is nice but heavy and around 20 bucks. A cheap and gret tank is the Kanger T3S. Vapes hard with the ego and is only 10 bucks. You will like that way better then the tanks they come with. If they try and talk you into the Vivi Nova kindly decline as they are crap. Unless you get it for free. Keep strong and stay away from those Cancer sticks.

On another note I got my Mother-Law heavy into Vaping and now she has been 10 days smoke free! The wife and I even bought her flowers on her 1 week Anniversery HAHA. She quit after 38 years of that crap.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #493
Team no taco

Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tried swapping atomizers in the unit a handful of times. What Ohmage are you running? 2.5 or 1.8?
2.4 ohms I complained to the shop I bought it from and they gave it the once over. They got me a new atomizer and that fixed it. Both that the tank came with were crap-o-la.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #494
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you go with the eGo starter kit the fisrt thing I would upgrade is the Tank. Kanger Protank is nice but heavy and around 20 bucks. A cheap and gret tank is the Kanger T3S. Vapes hard with the ego and is only 10 bucks. You will like that way better then the tanks they come with. If they try and talk you into the Vivi Nova kindly decline as they are crap. Unless you get it for free. Keep strong and stay away from those Cancer sticks.

On another note I got my Mother-Law heavy into Vaping and now she has been 10 days smoke free! The wife and I even bought her flowers on her 1 week Anniversery HAHA. She quit after 38 years of that crap.
awesome thank you! those tanks look fairly cheap, I think i'm gonna try to pick it up tonight, I have 5 left in this pack, got some dirt car maint. to do tonight, that should get me through them, hopefully i'll be all vape by tomorrow. might have to shoot ya a pm later on and get the run down of basics of vaping (if you wouldn't mind)

I have the general concept down, but I feel like there's a lot I do not know
Old 08-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #495
Team no taco

Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins View Post
awesome thank you! those tanks look fairly cheap, I think i'm gonna try to pick it up tonight, I have 5 left in this pack, got some dirt car maint. to do tonight, that should get me through them, hopefully i'll be all vape by tomorrow. might have to shoot ya a pm later on and get the run down of basics of vaping (if you wouldn't mind)

I have the general concept down, but I feel like there's a lot I do not know
Brotha I dont mind at all. Anything to help someone get off that crap. Also man I work in a Maintenance shop so I understand how hard it is to be around people that smoke. After sticking with Vape I will still go out there to the Smoking Pit but I have no desire to smoke. Shit smells gross now.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #496

Quote:
Protanks are awesome for home use. I vape and set it down to rest. If I put it into my bag or basically travel around with it, there's always some flooding to contend with. I've seen a suggestion on vendor site to keep it at least 50% full at all times but that is not what I would call a viable workaround. Not like I'm going to pour it back into the bottle at 50% if I want to switch flavors. The Evod travels better but still has similar issues if my Ego gets banged around. Go up a mountain pass and it will flood. Protanks are still one of my favorites at home but when I'm out and about I'm sick of hassling with them.

I got a DCT Pyrex tank which is a carto tank. No more flooding issues at least.

For burnt tasting you are probably either vaping faster than the wick is drawing or vaping too high voltage.

E-juices with a high VG content also may be slow at traveling up some wicks.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmar View Post

Welcome to the club . You'll be rebuilding genny attys and buying spools of kanthal before you know it.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #498

Quote:
2.4 ohms I complained to the shop I bought it from and they gave it the once over. They got me a new atomizer and that fixed it. Both that the tank came with were crap-o-la.
Shitty. Maybe the guys i've been going through have low end crap. I'll try some from over the interwebs and see what happens. Love the tank. I was super bummed to see the quality of vapor it produces.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #499
Team no taco

Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
Protanks are awesome for home use. I vape and set it down to rest. If I put it into my bag or basically travel around with it, there's always some flooding to contend with. I've seen a suggestion on vendor site to keep it at least 50% full at all times but that is not what I would call a viable workaround. Not like I'm going to pour it back into the bottle at 50% if I want to switch flavors. The Evod travels better but still has similar issues if my Ego gets banged around. Go up a mountain pass and it will flood. Protanks are still one of my favorites at home but when I'm out and about I'm sick of hassling with them.

I got a DCT Pyrex tank which is a carto tank. No more flooding issues at least.

For burnt tasting you are probably either vaping faster than the wick is drawing or vaping too high voltage.

E-juices with a high VG content also may be slow at traveling up some wicks.
My DCT tank should be in soon... Stupid FastTech and the crack head prices they offer...
Quote:
Shitty. Maybe the guys i've been going through have low end crap. I'll try some from over the interwebs and see what happens. Love the tank. I was super bummed to see the quality of vapor it produces.
Read above about the VG/PG mixture. Protanks dont like anything under 50/50.. I have some 80/20 and the shit leaks like a mother.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #500

Quote:
Read above about the VG/PG mixture. Protanks dont like anything under 50/50.. I have some 80/20 and the shit leaks like a mother.
This could very well be it. I tend to lean towards VG cause it's never as viscous. Also as I read into it a little more any menthol-ish flavors generally have a lower consistency than regular which is what I was using. I'm going to give it a second go when I get home. I'm just gonna have to live with using my Zatty Pro for right now. haha

Thanks for the info Cinco. Good call!