Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Electronic Cigs

Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #61
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
I wouldnt go with the gas station ones they will just lead you right back to smoking, atleast it did for me lol .
but its not too expensive i use the ego-c upgrade http://www.electronicstix.com/collec...rough-1000-mah it works perfect for me and not too pricey either.
And for the tank i use these
http://www.electronicstix.com/collec...ad-2-5-2-9-ohm
Then all youd need is e-juice
Nice thanks for the advice!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #63
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeryck
JTyfz450's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Not a fan of drip attys.

EVIC still going strong!!
You can use a 510 carto and tank with this mod. My friend has it and it works really well.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #64
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper12 View Post
Ive tried quitting and started smoking E cigs, for all of 2 days , they just arnt the same as a real cig. I'll stick to my 27's until i get cancer, then I might think about going back to the e cigs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I have been thinking about trying these lately. I smoke a pack of reds a day and i want/need to quit, or at least cut back ALOT, i am trying to land a new job and i would have to go without a cig for 9-10 hours a day. I have only tried one pull of a e-cig once, and i hated it, maybe because i hit it like a joint lol. Just looking for some opinions on where to start, should i just buy one of the cheap gas station ones to see how i like it? Or is there really that much of a difference when it comes to the high quality ones? If they really are that much better i would consider starting out right, if so any recommendations for brands? I know a few good brands have been mentioned a few times already here, but there is alot of info on them and i know nothing about it, so its hard to know where to start.
You can get it really close to a real cigarette. You just need to find a flavor and a mix that you like. I have an Electronicstix store close to me and I usually order from www.mtbakervapor.com. Mt Baker has some really good prices and the juice is fully customizable. If you like the throat hit just get a higher PG to VG ratio. From my understanding the more PG the more throat hit. Then you can also choose how much nicotine you want. They have some really good flavors too, just read the reviews on the flavors to see if it's really what you are looking for.

Just remember that some juices you need to let "steep" if they are made to order like Mt Baker does. According to their customer support (which is really good, by the way, they have a live chat during business hours that is really helpful) you just leave the bottle in a dark cool place with the cap off for 24 hours and then cap the bottle and leave it there for up to 14 days (sometimes it doesn't need that long, it depends on the flavor) and shake the bottle everyday. Store bought pre-mixed ones you usually don't need to steep it like from Electronicstix.

I would also recommend a eGo-C Upgrade battery to start with and a tank of your choice (I started with the Vivi-Nova but I really like my knock off of the Kanger E-Vod too). Certain flavors will crack or melt the plastic on these tanks though, so you want to make sure you read the descriptions. For these flavors you can either use metal cartomizers, an aluminum replacement for the Vivi-Nova (which I have on the way from PeakVapor), or the new Kanger Pro-Tank (which I also have on the way from PeakVapor). The Kanger Pro-Tank has a pyrex glass that shouldn't melt or crack, but it is very popular and sold out of a lot of places.

I currently have a mix of Vanilla Tobacco and Cinnamon Red Hot from Mt Baker in one tank, a mix of Ogden Chill from Electronicstix and Spearmint from Mt Baker in another tank, and just Cinnamon Red Hot in a third tank. I like the Flamethrower from Electronicstix more then the Cinnamon Red Hot though. It's more of a Cinnamon Altoid taste.

Quote:
Electronicstix.com
Peakvapor.com

Are where i normaly used to order from

One of my really good friends makes juice now and you get a 15ml bottle for 5$ instead of 10ML for 6$ +tax

He will be starting to ship out of utah fairly soon.

Hope this helps
The website says free shipping to the continental US
Old 04-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #65
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Holy crap its like a science. Thanks for the pointers, i need to do a little more research but i plan on ordering tonight or tomorrow. Just got the word today that the new job is starting in 2 weeks and i want to quit by then
Old 04-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #66
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Holy crap its like a science. Thanks for the pointers, i need to do a little more research but i plan on ordering tonight or tomorrow. Just got the word today that the new job is starting in 2 weeks and i want to quit by then
Hellyeah congrats!!
Old 04-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #67
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Haha, I've spent way too much money on this trying to figure stuff out. I've tried the dripping method too. I'm not a fan, maybe I'm doing it wrong but it always tastes burnt or I don't get enough vapor. I had a tank melt on me too. It was half expected but I didn't think it would be that fast. I put Amaretto from Mt Baker Vapor in one of my iClear tanks, I let it sit for 10 minutes so the wicks could soak up the juice, picked up the tank and it just fell apart...

Just a tip, don't just give up on the e-Cig if you don't like it at first, try different PG and VG mixes and different flavors, I bet you'll find one you like and it can replace smoking cigarettes for you.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #69
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Haha, I've spent way too much money on this trying to figure stuff out. I've tried the dripping method too. I'm not a fan, maybe I'm doing it wrong but it always tastes burnt or I don't get enough vapor. I had a tank melt on me too. It was half expected but I didn't think it would be that fast. I put Amaretto from Mt Baker Vapor in one of my iClear tanks, I let it sit for 10 minutes so the wicks could soak up the juice, picked up the tank and it just fell apart...

Just a tip, don't just give up on the e-Cig if you don't like it at first, try different PG and VG mixes and different flavors, I bet you'll find one you like and it can replace smoking cigarettes for you.
Quote:
As a rule of thumb, anything with cinnamon or citrus in it will disintegrate plastic tanks in less than a day. If you want to vape these flavors, get a Cirrus Vapes tank, full metal and glass.
WTFFFF
ive never had a tank,filter,carto,atty melt on me.. never once thats odd.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #70
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah...I've had plastic chinese tanks literally crack and shatter spilling 5ml of juice all over my lap in the truck while driving...not a good time.

Another pointer...

I encourage you guys to NOT buy juice online if it is readily available or made in your area. I'm fortunate to live in SoCal where there are hundreds of juice companies, mostly one man operations, that use organic, fresh squeezed fruits from the local farmers markets and vegetable oil instead of propylene glycol. Though more expensive, quality of vape is UNMATCHED and the taste is on a whole other level.

Those Chinese made juices are really bad for ya.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #71

Quote:
As a rule of thumb, anything with cinnamon or citrus in it will disintegrate plastic tanks in less than a day. If you want to vape these flavors, get a Cirrus Vapes tank, full metal and glass.
I just ordered the Kanger Pro-Tank. It's advertised to not crack with these flavors either. Where do you usually get the Cirrus Vapes tanks I haven't seen them on sites on anywhere local to me.

Quote:
WTFFFF
ive never had a tank,filter,carto,atty melt on me.. never once thats odd.
What flavors do you vape?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #72
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I just ordered the Kanger Pro-Tank. It's advertised to not crack with these flavors either. Where do you usually get the Cirrus Vapes tanks I haven't seen them on sites on anywhere local to me.
They're a local to Las Vegas/LA...I don't know if they sell them online anywhere, but most shops in SoCal have them. They can get really extravagant, but in the end, plain old black and clear is the best look.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #73

Quote:
They're a local to Las Vegas/LA...I don't know if they sell them online anywhere, but most shops in SoCal have them. They can get really extravagant, but in the end, plain old black and clear is the best look.

How much do they usually go for and is that the standard carto that you use to replace the inside? I might look around for one next time I'm in Vegas
Old 04-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #74

Quote:
Oh yeah...I've had plastic chinese tanks literally crack and shatter spilling 5ml of juice all over my lap in the truck while driving...not a good time.

Another pointer...

I encourage you guys to NOT buy juice online if it is readily available or made in your area. I'm fortunate to live in SoCal where there are hundreds of juice companies, mostly one man operations, that use organic, fresh squeezed fruits from the local farmers markets and vegetable oil instead of propylene glycol. Though more expensive, quality of vape is UNMATCHED and the taste is on a whole other level.

Those Chinese made juices are really bad for ya.
Mt Baker makes their juices locally and you can order it with just Vegetable Glycerin. I'm not a big fan of the taste of the Vegetable Glycerin though. I just stick with the 50/50 blend.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #75
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Nice thread! !! Can't believe I haven't found it before now. Been vaping since the end of October & love it. I've been nicotine-free for about 2 months. Still vape because I love the flavors.

I run 2 mini-vivi tanks on a black Ego-C & silver Ego batteries. I just started mixing my own liquids last week. VG base & I started using Tasty Puff flavor concentrates. I'm a spearamint nut primarily, with raspberry a close second.

FINALLY got replacement wick/coil heads for my minis & rvc3 tanks ordered Thursday. I order from Totally Wicked online. Had a local shop in NC but now that I'm in Durango only one local shop just started carrying e-cigs & very limited vapors. That's where I found the. Tasty Puff concentrate.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #76
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
We started with Joye on Monday. We're vaping Liberty Custom Blend 1/2 11mg & 1/2 24mg. It reminds me of some good cigars we used to smoke from time to time.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #77

Just did a little reading and found out a e-cig store just opened two towns over for me, which is awesome, it will probably make it easier for me to get started. Im suprised we have one, as far as i know its the only one in the state and conveniently is less than 15 minutes away. Thanks again for everyones help.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #78
REBELTACO

Quote:
How much do they usually go for and is that the standard carto that you use to replace the inside? I might look around for one next time I'm in Vegas
Around $55. Standard long cartos will work with it. I have the Smoktech ones now at low res. Just order direct from their fb page, I'm sure they'll send them out to you.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #79
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper12 View Post
Ive tried quitting and started smoking E cigs, for all of 2 days , they just arnt the same as a real cig. I'll stick to my 27's until i get cancer, then I might think about going back to the e cigs.
Good for you wait untill it's too late.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #80
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Electronicstix.com
Peakvapor.com

Are where i normaly used to order from

One of my really good friends makes juice now and you get a 15ml bottle for 5$ instead of 10ML for 6$ +tax

He will be starting to ship out of utah fairly soon.

Hope this helps
Website?