1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electronic Cigs

Discussion in 'Health' started by WTFaulkner, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Dec 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    nocaltaco

nocaltaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DTM
    san jose, ca
    Vehicle:
    Hella stuff
    Sit down young man. Much like the rest of the threads on this site, you will invest time or money, and usually both. Congrats on your discovery. It's changed my life. My one suggestion would be to not buy any juice without tasting it first, ie online vendors, specifically mt baker vapors (MBV). Good luck!!

2. Dec 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    just remember the money spent for top dollar vapes, is still less compared to smoking cancer sticks. best of luck.

3. Dec 30, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    I highly recommend reading the forum listed below for a few hours. TONS of info. Was very helpful for me. Especially learning of the dangers of high drain batteries and vaping. Mech mods have no regulation and if you don't know what you're doing the battery could burn, explode, etc.

I just started vaping a couple weeks ago and I already rebuilt a micro coil for my Kanger Protank 2 and just ordered my first mech mod and rebuildable atomizer thanks to the info at this forum:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum.php

a great site to shop for the lowest price is http://www.pennyvaper.com/

If you're unsure about an online vendor's reputation etc. just search them on that forum and see what other people have experienced. Same with reviews for products you're interested in.

4. Dec 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    DelRioTaco

DelRioTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tacoma (hopefully)
    After reading most of this discussion, I think I'll just stick with the V2 disposables. This stuff looks like it can get way more complicated than I thought. Plus, I don't have any shops that sell this sort of stuff near me. I'm assuming this stuff is sold in head shops, and I really don't want to be seen in that sort of place given my job. Thanks for the information!

5. Dec 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    I don't know about Texas, but here in Colorado there are quite a few shops popping up dedicated solely to ecigs.

The disposables never did it for me. Meaning I was unable to quit smoking using them, but once I got ahold of a decent battery and tank setup it was more like changing brands then quitting. It really was that easy for me. There's a whole lot out there that I haven't tried, and I understand the intimidation of not knowing about everything, but I did pick up an itaste mvp for around $60 and while there's nothing complicated about it, it blows away the cheap setup I had which was still way better than disposables.

That said, I never tried the V2 disposables and if those work for you and allow you to quit smoking then more power to you.:thumbsup:

6. Dec 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    DelRioTaco

DelRioTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tacoma (hopefully)
    The V2 was the highest rated disposable on pretty much every review site I looked at. The smoke volume is good-not great, but way better than the crappy ESmoke I had 4 years ago (had to double puff that one to get a good lungful). The coffee flavor is ridiculously good, and the vanilla is just OK. I may look at a battery/tank/liquid system eventually, but the V2 has done its job so far. Over a week without a dip, and no desire to go back to real tobacco.

7. Jan 8, 2014 at 4:00 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
  8. Jan 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    Benson X

Benson X My build thread sucks...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    If you don't draw blood, you're doing it wrong!
    ^^^
    Just entered the giveaway! Thanks for putting this on :thumbsup:

This is my first post in here. I NEED to quit smoking cigs. I am ready to try out e-Cigs, and spent the last few days researching the sh*t out of them, and I think it is all finally making sense. ECF has been a great source for information and reviews.

Now, I don't want to end up like most other noobs, and spend a little bit of money in the beginning, only to find that I want a "better" setup a month down the road (i.e spending more money).

I think I narrowed-down my first "2-cig" setup, but would like to get your guys' opinions/thoughts.

(2) eGo-V V3 (Vari-Volt, Vari-Watt)
    (2) ProTank-3 BDC Clearos (w/ either 1.8 or 2.5 OHM coils)
    -OR-
    (2) Aspire BDCs
    (saw the videos and read reviews on both the PT3 and Aspire BDC. Looking for a reason to go with one over the other)
    (2) CMDT DripTips (these just look cool IMO)

Will need to go locally for Juice, or order from Baker. Please feel free to respond or PM with any info. advice. Thanks! :cheers: :rasta:

9. Jan 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    ^good luck! I found quitting much easier than i thought it would be with e-cigs.

10. Jan 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Thanks man! :thumbsup:

11. Jan 13, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    theTupper

theTupper White and Nerdy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Raeford, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB Off Road PreRunner
    Looks like a solid setup, but you'll find ecigs just like our trucks. It's never good enough. I started with something like you have planned and since have spent FAR too much money. Haha!

Enjoy!

12. Jan 13, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    That's what I'm coming to find out :laugh:

I don't even have one yet, and I've changed my "setup" 4 times in 2 days. :eek:

Thanks for the input!

13. Jan 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    jsi

jsi Well-Known Member

Member:
    native earthling
    Does anybody quit vaping after they quit smoking or is this just substituting one slightly less bad habit for another?

14. Jan 13, 2014 at 6:08 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    I went from a pack a day to 18mg juice puffing on it all the time, eventually down to 6mg and not as frequent. I used to drain two small batterys a day, now one charge will last me 2+ days. I still crave that nicotine fix tho, it is just easy to satisfy now with a few puffs. I know what you mean, still a addiction. The huge difference for me is the amount of money i save. Especially because everytime i stopped at the gas station before work i would buy snacks, drinks, coffee, redbull. Before you know it i was spending $20 a day.

15. Jan 13, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    jsi

jsi Well-Known Member

Member:
    native earthling
    Interesting, reading at least part of this thread has given me some insight into what it is all about. I'm not about to start vaping, but I am seeing more and more of it. I wished people wouldn't do it around me, but I guess there's no law saying they can't.

16. Jan 13, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Got tired of the Logic e cig a few months ago and went back to Camels.

Bought a new e cig. Much nicer. Looking forward to trying some of the crazy flavors. Just got regular menthol for now. Wasn't too much money. Especially since I spent $20 on the rechargeable Logic.

Its an Atmos Ole. Seems really popular and the most of the people at the shop who worked there seemed to have one. Thus far i really like it.

reta4e6e_66fe041bd6a852f9c7f39930270c5cedae75125d.jpg

17. Jan 14, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Alright, I pulled the trigger on my first setup last night after getting some good advice from Brennan (Taqoma) and Will (penguins_cc). :woot:

Went with a better all-around starter setup.

(1) SmokTech SID
    (2) ProTank3 Clearos
    (4) Genuine Panasonic NCR18650Bs
    (1) NiteCor I2 Charger
    + Some random tips, bottles and a pack of Coil Heads (2.5Ω)

Will be a few weeks to get everything from FastTech, but I will order some eJuice from Baker in the meantime and let it steep while I wait.

I can see myself eventually getting a "better" setup in the future... like a VTR or MVP that are compatible with my batteries and Clearos...and probably stock up on other gear to have on-hand.

Thanks for the input guys! :thumbsup:

18. Jan 14, 2014 at 4:08 PM
    Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    hell ya! that's a great set up to start with. much better than the eGo style pens. The Innokin MVP has a built in battery so you can't swap the 18650 in there. But the VTR does take a 18650 and can fire down to .8 ohms I believe. The MVP can only fire down to what most APV's can handle, 1.4-ish ohms. The VTR has this collar around it and some clearomizers don't fit and you have to use this adapter thingy. here's a review video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQyxUlhynRs

I also recommend going to the local vape shops and try out flavors yourself. I have collected so many bottles of juice that I just hate because I didn't try them first. So far my favorite juice is made by Black Label Craft Brewed Liquid... out of their flavors my favorites are: Belgian Breakfast (strawberry waffle), Nocturnal Banana (banana nut bread) and Bangin Orange (orange creamsicle) I find that I love the buttery, custard, bakery flavors over fruity stuff... the fruity stuff just reminds me of fabreeze and perfumes lol

19. Jan 14, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
  20. Jan 14, 2014 at 4:59 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Thanks again for the help man! I didn't realize the MVP was a fixed battery, but I am partial to the VTR anyways...that thing just looks badass and bulletproof.

I ordered a few flavors from MBV to try out, mainly the ones that get good reviews across the board.

ECT: 65pg/35vg, 18mg (recommended for the most "Camel-like" flavor)
    555: 65pg/35vg, 24mg (for the nic-fits)
    Hawk Sauce: 65pg/35vg, 18mg
    Butter Pecan: 65pg/35vg, 18mg, +1 flavor
    Green Apple: 65pg/35vg, 18mg, +1 flavor

It will be a few months before I really net down what I like and the ratios that work best for me, and then go to the local shops to experiment. I hope to replace cigarettes completely with the eCig, and gradually lower the Nic until it's down to 0.

To Top