LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Electronic Cigs

Old 02-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #961
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
I think the next batch I get will be 50/50 @ 12mg Nic.
I would agree, Ben. I started trying your green apple last night. Lot more throat hit than I'm used to. Device will make a difference but I'd also go with 50/50 12mg on your next order.

The device I had for the 555 juice was a Genesis hybrid with a stainless wick. The sticky bun was a DCT on a K100. I'm vaping your green apple with an EVOD on a Grand Vapor mod.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #962
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got my trident v2 clone in.

And built my first coil. 28 gauge Kenthal twined together
Old 02-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #963
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I got my Russian 91% all set up, and my first coil was a 2.6ohm on 30 gauge kanthal that came with it, and I ran an organic cotton wick. Did pretty good but I wanted lower resistance.

Next coil was 2 twisted 30 gauge kanthals together and that one came out at 2.4ohms. Getting closer. That coil is much more stout but heats up fast even on the lower volts/watts. My goal is to get a 1.8-2.0 ohm on the next one.

My issue now with the organic cotton is that I get a weak vape after about 2 days of heavy use and have to change it. Once I take out the old cotton, rinse the coil and dry fire it to clean it, then put in new cotton... I get a great hit again for 2 days. So nice to leave the coil in there and only have to change the cotton. I received my new order of 100' of 28 gauge and 100' of 30 gauge kanthal so I'm set for life. Gonna play around with more twisted coils, which seems to work great with that added surface area.

Got my iTaste 134 in today.. damn Gatling gun. But it sure is fun.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #964
mynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud of

Name: greg
mynewtoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I got my Russian 91% all set up, and my first coil was a 2.6ohm on 30 gauge kanthal that came with it, and I ran an organic cotton wick. Did pretty good but I wanted lower resistance.

Next coil was 2 twisted 30 gauge kanthals together and that one came out at 2.4ohms. Getting closer. That coil is much more stout but heats up fast even on the lower volts/watts. My goal is to get a 1.8-2.0 ohm on the next one.

My issue now with the organic cotton is that I get a weak vape after about 2 days of heavy use and have to change it. Once I take out the old cotton, rinse the coil and dry fire it to clean it, then put in new cotton... I get a great hit again for 2 days. So nice to leave the coil in there and only have to change the cotton. I received my new order of 100' of 28 gauge and 100' of 30 gauge kanthal so I'm set for life. Gonna play around with more twisted coils, which seems to work great with that added surface area.

Got my iTaste 134 in today.. damn Gatling gun. But it sure is fun.
did you boil your cotton?

i used to get a funky taste after about 2 days until i boiled mine.

now i can go 5-7 days depending on the juice before i have to change it
Old 02-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #965
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewtoy View Post
did you boil your cotton?

i used to get a funky taste after about 2 days until i boiled mine.

now i can go 5-7 days depending on the juice before i have to change it
I don't boil the organic cotton, and it only has a very light "linen" flavor to it on the first 10 hits or so. Then it's clean. It's not an offensive or strong taste when I first put fresh cotton in, but it's slightly noticeable. Because it's a clean taste, it doesn't bother me and doesn't affect the whole tank.

Not near as bad as other types of wicks, which require a boiling or a torching or else they taste like ass. Organic cotton is as clean as you can get out of the package.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #966
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here is my build of the day.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #967
Mudfinger has a spectacular aura aboutMudfinger has a spectacular aura aboutMudfinger has a spectacular aura about
Name: Lefty
Mudfinger's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a pic of my rig, I like to keep things simple:

Just a run-of-the-mill Bolt that I modified slightly to accept an 18650 without the little extension tube, topped off with an AGA.

Couldn't be happier. I prefer a plain-old SS wick, and a 29ga. Kanthal coil.

I repurposed my humidor to store all the bits I keep, including a few empty bottles of smoke juice, a Kanger that I don't use anymore, and parts for my RBA:

The small bag holding my batteries in front of the humidor is what I use in the field. Lives in my truck, holds 4 18650s, a 30ml bottle of juice, one RBA rebuild kit, a jeweler's screwdriver, and a syringe.

Mine is a cheap and stout setup that puts out more than enough vapor to keep this former cigar smoker away from tobacco (most of the time...).
Old 02-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #968
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my favorite setup.

Black Carbon Jwrapped MVP2 with 1.0 ohm Fogger2 with cotton wick.

In action at just 7 watts.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #969
Mas Tequila!!!

Building a nano dragon coil. From rip trippers vids.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #971
Mas Tequila!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqoma View Post
looks good man, how you liking that Trident?
Good other than the screws not wanting to thread sometimes
Old 02-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #972
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
I finally upgraded from my smoktec bolt and got the VTR! And so far Im lovin it! I got the army green one and still am just using the stock tank it comes with. Anyways thought I'd post since this is the first new thing I've got as far as ecig stuff in a while. Lol!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #973
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Well after much debating and pushing from my friends and fiance. I am joining you guys in the ecig /vap world. The fiance picked up a pretty (was nice until I saw all of you alls ) vap kit today. I think she spent around 50.00 with all the juices and extra tanks, atomizers, and case.

And it is an eGo? She got me water melone (purposely spelled that way). It is watermelon and honey dew melon mixed. Rather tasty but I am not sure if I will like it, some whiskey kind, a espresso shot, and wacky tobaccy ( it is dark cherry tobacco) they range from 18mg nicotine to 24mg. The rep at the vape shop told her for me to start at 24 over the next week or two, then switch to 18, then come back and see how I am doing and maybe drop to 16 or 12 mg. She got a different tank and atomizer for each flavor
Old 02-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #975
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^ 24mg is actually a fairly high amount. You may be better off starting with 12mg or 18mg. Of course, I have no idea what your current level of smoking is so I may be totally wrong.

Welcome to the club! We're all busy quitting analogs and saving $$ with electronic cigs. There are some e-cig veterans on this thread who would be glad to help you along.

The e-Go is a type of battery/connection. The Evod is the clearomizer system which holds and vaporizes the liquid.

I have bourbon e-juice I've been trying to finish off for the last year. It's good, but only for short bursts. How do you like your tobacco flavor? I've yet to find one I can settle with...
Old 02-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #976
The way is open, the time is now
Mrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Mrogers33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
^^^ 24mg is actually a fairly high amount. You may be better off starting with 12mg or 18mg. Of course, I have no idea what your current level of smoking is so I may be totally wrong.

Welcome to the club! We're all busy quitting analogs and saving $$ with electronic cigs. There are some e-cig veterans on this thread who would be glad to help you along.

The e-Go is a type of battery/connection. The Evod is the clearomizer system which holds and vaporizes the liquid.

I have bourbon e-juice I've been trying to finish off for the last year. It's good, but only for short bursts. How do you like your tobacco flavor? I've yet to find one I can settle with...
Apparently Spacejam came out with a tobacco type flavor called Eclipse, haven't had a chance to really try it
Old 02-17-2014, 03:17 PM   #978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
Ok well i decided today I can't do the flavors all day at least not the water melon and the black cherry. But the coffee was good this morning

I usually have 3-4 devices ready to go. Some juices taste best in a Protank, some in a Genesis, some in a carto/clearo, etc. so having one and switching constantly got old. Unless I'm out camping or something, there's not one juice I've ever tasted which I wanted to stick with all day.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #979
Mas Tequila!!!

Headed to a local smoke shop and they have a menu if their juices
Old 02-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #980
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Stopped by to say hey Haven't been on this thread for awhile and thrilled to see more people quitting analogs, to you all. I have been analog free for 6 months now and not used the e-cig for 4 months. (I smoked for 28 years) and I feel so much better it is hard to explain. Just wanted to give everyone props for quitting!