1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electronic Cigs

Discussion in 'Health' started by WTFaulkner, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Feb 22, 2014 at 12:54 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    Here's what I was just thinking. Pg is used in non toxic antifreeze. Used or not it is non toxic. Antifreeze I'm most cases get heated well past boiling point and It comes out and no harm if swallowed by a pet or child (assuming here) so the Pg you inhale is at boiling point to create the vapor you inhale and by the above reference should be non toxic right? Or did I mess that all up

2. Feb 22, 2014 at 7:28 PM
    theTupper

theTupper White and Nerdy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Raeford, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB Off Road PreRunner
    I think an important point to remember here is that vaping is a method of harm reduction, not harm elimination. Inhaling ANY foreign material into the lungs is less than ideal. While it is unproven as to the effects of vaping long term, common sense would say that it is far LESS harmful than the tar and other thousands of toxins/carcinogens found in tobacco smoke. At least as long as you're using reputable juice. BUT, saying that it is as safe as not doing it at all is willfully naive, imho.

Now back to my Deadly Sin (Goodlife Vapor). Good stuff right there.

3. Feb 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    Stacey and I went to buffalo wild wings today. Big sign on the front door that is not just a hand written sign. Looks like it came from corporate. All smoking of tobacco and e cigarette devices are prohibited from use on this property"

4. Feb 26, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Hey guys -

Considering purchasing a Joyetech eGo-C, eGo-CC or eGo-T (starter kits...) With all of the different options and types, etc. I'm starting to get confused... :goingcrazy:

What's a good setup to start out with? I am starting a new job soon and the urge to start analogs again is hitting me strong. I smoke cigars 1-2 times a week as well.

5. Feb 26, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    SMKYTXN

SMKYTXN If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    Mike, I've had the ego's and have gotten rid of them. My setup right now cosists of a Mini Kanger Pro Tank 2 and a VAMO 5 battery. I have a charger and three sets of batteries, including two 18350's and two 18650's. The lithium ion batteries last a hell of a lot longer than the ego's will.

If you were to order the same setup that I have from my vapor store you'd be looking at somewhere around $130.

Good luck finding a setup. Send me a PM if you want to discuss further.

6. Feb 26, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Very well-said.

The lungs are designed by nature to bring in only air, thus introducing other chemicals into them is the variable. But, if it keeps me from inhaling the nasties of analog cigarettes, it's a great start. I'll be off real cigarettes for one full year in early March, and I couldn't be happier. No more shortness of breath, my BP has greatly reduced, no more phlegm and I haven't had a cold or upper respiratory sickness since. I used to get bronchitis every winter, and almost every year it was followed by mild pneumonia. Now I'm hiking the tallest peaks in the country and enjoying my new energy.

The outside benefits to vaping have a significant list, too...

- No more stench of cigarettes in my truck, clothes, etc.
    - I travel for work, so I can vape right in my hotel room and in my rental car with no penalty. I also sneak off to the airplane bathroom to vape on long flights. I even vaped in a Walmart corporate boardroom between meetings once :eek:
    - My work lets me vape at my desk (I expect that will change soon though) so no more need to get up from my desk and go outside throughout the day. More productivity
    - No tired feeling after vaping like cigarettes had. Thanks to not inhaling carbon monoxide and tying up my blood's ability to carry oxygen.
    - My wife is a non-smoker and now she doesn't mind if I vape in the house because some of the flavors put off a pleasant but light scent. Many times she can't even notice that I'm doing it except for when she sees the vapor
    - I camp a lot, and in AZ we get lots of fire and smoking restrictions in our forests and deserts. But I can always vape because it's not an open flame and I don't have anything to litter.

And it's so much cheaper than cigarettes! Even with my vast collection of top-end vaping mods, spare batteries, coil and wick supplies, ohm meters, and dozens of fluids... I have spent just 1/6 of the cost of regular cigarettes in the same time. Had I been conservative and just stuck with one device and one type of juice, I would have spent less than 1/15 of the cost. I've saved over $1800 in one year just by vaping. That basically paid for my new RTT, awning, and suspension work I did this year alone.

7. Feb 26, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    PG has been used in asthma inhalers and nebulizers since the 1950s. Most atomized medications use it for a delivery mechanism.

http://www.v2cigs.com/blog/2012/01/what-is-propylene-glycol/

8. Feb 27, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    If I were to start over I'd start with a MVP2 ($40 to $65 including tank & charging cord). I love mine.
    Variable voltage or wattage, 2600mAh (2 times the battery of the biggest ego) can be used while recharging, can go slightly sub ohm (0.8 or higher), compact.
    My carbon JWrapped MVP2 shown with Fogger 2
    [​IMG]

Fogger 2 in action. 1.0 omh coil with cotton wick at 7 watts (now vaping it at 8 watts)
    [​IMG]

9. Feb 27, 2014 at 1:21 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    I've been thinking about doing this for a while & finally got around to trying it. I haven't seen it done before & thought it might work good, it does. I call it the infinity coil. It's a 1.5 ohm single coil wrapped around two large paper clips. 10 wraps so 5 per wick. Shown on Fogger 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Feb 27, 2014 at 4:05 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    its been a few days, hows the new wick holding up?

11. Feb 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    Seabass

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Ah yes, almost forgot to report!

Ok, so the first wick with the new cotton went 3 days without any issues. The only reason I changed it after 3 full days was because I changed flavor in my RBA and needed to change the wick. It also gave me a chance to inspect how it was holding up before it actually failed, so I was ok with that.

When I broke it down, the wick was in such good shape it was barely even discolored where it ran through the coil. It wasn't all broken down and mushy like the organic cotton ball wicks would be after day 3. I took it out anyways and put a new one in, and I'm on day 5 with the 2nd coil and it has given me ZERO issues.

I'll keep this wick in there until I start noticing burnt taste or the coil just gets too crudded up to fire anymore. I run heavy VG so my coils get residue build-up on them quicker than heavy PG juices. I gave some of this new cotton to my friend for his RBA and he's been running it for a week now with no issues and has not needed to change it out yet.

12. Feb 28, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    Seabass

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Also here's a pic of the new frosted full-length window I put on the Russian. It looks pink because I have Energy Drink juice in it, otherwise it is a clear tank window.

[​IMG]

13. Feb 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Sir Trollalot is in the hizzle

14. Feb 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
  15. Feb 28, 2014 at 2:15 PM
    Seabass

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and yours is just trolling in here. But, proceed for my entertainment.

16. Feb 28, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    JuansTaco

JuansTaco JuanInAMillion

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    gilbert az
    Vehicle:
    2004 PreRunner SR5 stormtrooper
    ESB long travel kit, Deaver f67s with DTF 12 inch shackles.
    :thumbsup:

17. Feb 28, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    JuansTaco

JuansTaco JuanInAMillion

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    gilbert az
    Vehicle:
    In case you didn't catch this JD
    E-cig = meth :notsure:

18. Feb 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    :rofl: wow, its ok that was the day he was banned, he was having a rough day obviously

19. Feb 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    JuansTaco

JuansTaco JuanInAMillion

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    gilbert az
    Vehicle:
    Obviously he used his ecig too much and switched to meth.

20. Feb 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    Seabass

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    How bout this..

You start with nasty cigarettes, then you significantly DOWNGRADE to ecigs and it helps you quit the habit overall with a much healthier alternative.

Sure there are people who START with ecigs. That's their problem and the government can regulate all they want to try and stop it. But, I see underage kids getting their hands on drugs and cigarettes regardless of regulations and it doesn't stop them. Regulations only add expenses. As it stands, you can't legally buy ecig stuff with nicotine without being 18 anyways.

But don't spout off to us about how ecigs are worse than what we ex-smokers were previously doing. You don't have the knowledge to back up that claim whatsoever.

To Top