Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Injury, work out continue?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Injury, work out continue?

i did something to both of my shoulders working on my motorcycle 2 weeks ago. deep pain in the middle of both of the front sides of my shoulders. its getting better, the day after i did whatever to my shoulders i couldnt lift my arms above my head. Should i wait until this feels 100% or could i continue my lifting workouts with a lighter weight?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
I would wait. Workout your legs and get some cardio in. If they are still sore after a couple of weeks I would have them looked at. Shoulder pain sucks. It could also be a sign that some of the smaller muscles in you shoulders and upper back are weak. Are you taking any meds to help with the inflammation?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
actually i have not taken anything. i put some biofreeze on them a few times.

i now know that twisting the way i was twisted, trying to lift up something by myself was stupid lol.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Ya what can you do, typical guy injury lol. Some Ibuprofen will help with the inflammation. Also put a heating pad on it at the end of the day.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Give your upper body a break and go beast mode on your legs
Old 03-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
I would not use weights, instead have a stretch session. and since it's your shoulder i think you should still be able to do decline bench with little to now pain, so give that a try. Also if you never don't it before go get a massage with a pro, they can work mericales to muscle or joint injures.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
Bryan arbuthnot is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
Bryan arbuthnot's Tacoma Gallery
Use light weight, if you really want to workout your upper body, otherwise if wait until your 100%.... Work on rotator cuff exercises with light weight
Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #8

Firefighter:
Great points on all above posts!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
thanks for all the ideas! whats some good stretch exercises for those muscles?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #10

Firefighter:
Just look online for an assortment of shoulder stretches. And as mentioned before look up some rotator cuff exercises.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Numbness or tingling down your bicep to your thumbs? Sounds like brachial plexus strain. Sounds as though your shoulders may be anteriorly rotated. Get a lacrosse ball and place it behind the shoulder and lay on it. Also, you can place both hands behind your back around your lumbar lay with your knees bent and have someone press down your shoulders so they are flat against the ground. You can move your hands further up your back to get more stretch. The important thing is to continually make sure that your shoulders are completely flat on the ground
Old 03-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Your shoulders are very good about telling you if you're still hurt. If they are hurting whywould you continue to lift with them... I blew out my shoulder a year ago and would do resistance stuff but nothing heavy at all. Mainly stuff to work on ROM. Your body will know when its starting to get better. Look up recovery stuff for your shoulders and go from there. Sounds like you're treading the line on a major injury so I wouldn't chance it
Old 03-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksRig View Post
Ya what can you do, typical guy injury lol. Some Ibuprofen will help with the inflammation. Also put a heating pad on it at the end of the day.

I don't know about the heating pad...
Ice pack would be a better idea.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #15

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
I don't know about the heating pad...
Ice pack would be a better idea.

Ice is only good within the first 12hours of injury to keep swelling down. Then heat therapy allows blood flow to the area to help with the healing.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
Six lugs of fury!
Performula is on a distinguished road
Name: Justinian the Gr3iht
Performula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
i did something to both of my shoulders working on my motorcycle 2 weeks ago. deep pain in the middle of both of the front sides of my shoulders. its getting better, the day after i did whatever to my shoulders i couldnt lift my arms above my head. Should i wait until this feels 100% or could i continue my lifting workouts with a lighter weight?
Don't do it. I injured myself bench pressing too much weight (so pumped one day, put it up too) and jumped rope over an hour one time. I could barely walk for a month with shin splints and my pectoral muscle took five months to heal. No BS. Don't be RGIII and I love him. Even the after the pain I kept going. What could have been a two week injury was almost permanent chronic pain.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Shoulders SUCK

This is what yoga and pilates is for...work a week just loosening up no weight..

stretch

also absolutely get one of these and sit in a chair, and use
it to press down on the top of the shoulder and around
the shoulder blades. Oh my god I cannot express enough how
this tool is a MUST for any athlete...or anyone for that matter,
especially if you sit in an office chair all day...

http://www.bodyback.com/products/tri...dy-back-buddy/

this sucker here, once I finally got it, got me out of agonizing 24x7 chronic shoulder pain,
(from 2 dislocations over 5 year period) into true relief...and once I got used to using this
*(it actually does a bit of damage on it's own, and you need to work up to it for 2 weeks)
and over a hump so now I can lift dumbells and work the shoulder, and no more pain. oh boy
Old 03-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #18
update.

i didnt lift since the start of this thread and the should started progressively feeling better. then, one day at work i went to reach for something and in the area of my should it let out this loud crack. i was expecting instant pain but it felt looser and better. waited a few more days and decided to start lifting again yesterday. i reduced the weight, as soon as i went to do side raises , PAIN. so i stopped lifting. my should doesnt bother me doing stuff here and there, but as soon as i extend my arm straight out in front of me or straight out to the side of me, pain is back.

so i guess i'm takin it easy again for a while...
Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #19
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
update.

i didnt lift since the start of this thread and the should started progressively feeling better. then, one day at work i went to reach for something and in the area of my should it let out this loud crack. i was expecting instant pain but it felt looser and better. waited a few more days and decided to start lifting again yesterday. i reduced the weight, as soon as i went to do side raises , PAIN. so i stopped lifting. my should doesnt bother me doing stuff here and there, but as soon as i extend my arm straight out in front of me or straight out to the side of me, pain is back.

so i guess i'm takin it easy again for a while...

Can't you go get it checked out?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #20
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
also absolutely get one of these and sit in a chair, and use
it to press down on the top of the shoulder and around
the shoulder blades. Oh my god I cannot express enough how
this tool is a MUST for any athlete...or anyone for that matter,
especially if you sit in an office chair all day...

http://www.bodyback.com/products/tri...dy-back-buddy/

this sucker here, once I finally got it, got me out of agonizing 24x7 chronic shoulder pain,
(from 2 dislocations over 5 year period) into true relief...and once I got used to using this
*(it actually does a bit of damage on it's own, and you need to work up to it for 2 weeks)
and over a hump so now I can lift dumbells and work the shoulder, and no more pain. oh boy
Looks like a sadistic dildo!