1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vemma? .......real deal or rip off?

Discussion in 'Health' started by TRD4UNC, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Mar 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM
    TRD4UNC

TRD4UNC [OP] Member

Member:
    i got someone trying to get me to try this product and sell it, is this another scam? anyone got any experience with it?

2. Aug 19, 2013 at 5:19 AM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    I hate to revive an old thread but I didn't see fit to make a new one.

I hate this thing. Vemma. Verve. YPR. it's all just a big load of steaming horse shit. It takes advantage of young people looking for a place to fit in and uses the old "get rich quick" montra. I've lost a lot of friends to Vemma and I don't like it.

3. Aug 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    HighTQCummins

HighTQCummins Instagram: stormtrooptaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    '12 SW DCSB Sport
    5% all around, derp'd wheels, FMS40, 30" E-Series, 55w 6k bi's, 35w 5k fogs
    friend of mine from school has been harping on me to start it w/ him. and just like all pyramid schemes they all tell you about how much money their friend is making, never about how much they're making

In the last year, i've heard of 3 different pyramid schemes from kids at school, and every single one knows a kid thats been working for the company for 8 months and is making 100k...coincidence that someone in 3 completely different fields is making the same amount in the same time...i just keep stringing the kid along make him get excited for me to sign up, then i'll just stop caring

4. Aug 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    Mr. Biscuits

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    It's really sad because it talks advantage of young adults right at a vulnerable stage in their lives. "Hey come join us! You'll fit it plus make millions!"

I for one believe if you can get rich quick, you can get poor quick. I'll keep my guaranteed 8.5/hr over a "promise"of millions any day.

5. Aug 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quickest way to make a million is to tell other people you can make them a million too.

6. Aug 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    HighTQCummins

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    '12 SW DCSB Sport
    they've been going even further and marketing that stuff to the EDM crowd (electronic dance music) and because its all energy drinks and stuff, of course they're gonna be on it. then making promises of a new mercedes or bmw or something for free.

"pay 150 bucks to start selling our stuff or pay 500 bucks and sell more of our stuff and we'll give you a BMW"

all a bunch of bs, i can't stand that stuff, I can't wait to see this kid around xmas time when he's not doin it any more and wasted his $500

7. Aug 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    Mr. Biscuits

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    Whaaaaat they're marketing the EDM crowd? Of course I forget, "Young People Revolution".

It'll convince all the hippy ravers to join the fight against "the man". That's a big disappointment. I associate with some ravers and even go to a few festivals with some (EDC, wonderland, etc) and if they start trying to sell me that shit I'll have to make new friends, again!

8. Aug 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    straycat241

straycat241 maXXXed out mid travel

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD off road 4x2
    airaid intake, jba headers, jba exhaust, DMZ enginecage, King 2.5 coilovers , 1.25camburg uca's, total chaos lca's, shock hoops with Icon 2.5 piggybacks, camburg 4.0 Spindles, Defined engineering SUA, King 2.5" Shocks w/Reservoir, King 2.5 Bumpstops,shocktacobumper,moto metal 951's, compartment locks, blackgrill,Glassworks fenders front and rear,ViS racing glass hood,PIAA 510s,hella 500's,black rebadge,fabtech spare tire holder,tailgate delete,mudflaps delete,cobra 19 ultra iii
    wow that shizzle is crazy never heard of it. It's just like monavie or herbalife

9. Aug 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    it's horsecock

it's funny to watch a friend of mine, with VERY wealthy parents, fall into the verve trap

she's spent thousands going to all these lectures and classes and whatnot.....
    Did she make any money?
    "One day i'll be a great seller!"

10. Aug 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    HighTQCummins

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    '12 SW DCSB Sport
    its energy drinks and shit, energy drink and vodka mixes, club scenes, all that, only makes sense. hell all the kids my friend mentioned that are in it w/ him are all into that shit. that being said, i wouldn't mind seeing wonderland someday, it looks awesome, but i don't know if I would be having AS good of a time as the rest of the crowd, if you're pickin up what im puttin down.

Give it 3-4 months, you won't hear of it, you'll only see this energy drink at the bottom of the fridge case in 7-11's for $.99

11. Aug 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    Mr. Biscuits

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    Oh I pick up what cha putting down ;) to that I have to say, yeah you're probably right. Some people at those events are in another world, (myself included, on occasion) and it is a blast,but is still quite an experience to be there. Much different than any old concert. I'd recommend just for the experience of it all. Nothing ventured nothing gained right?

Anyway, yeah I'm just a little irritated that it's grown to its current size and doesn't show any signs of stopping. It really displays how ignorant people are and how they can be manipulated so easily. It goes back to the old adage, "if everyone jumped off a cliff, would you?"

12. Sep 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    DD977GM2

DD977GM2 Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma ext cab TRD package
    Vemma has been sponsoring road cycle races for the last couple of years in Colorado.
    I guess the Boulder cycling community is in love with it, or at least has it at every
    race. Had a friend who was all into it and promoted it like crazy and even raced
    with a Vemma shirt.

Products Discussed in

To Top