Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Do I have a Hernia? (Serious Question)

Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #21
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Why does hernia pop into your mind? Is there any swelling or does it feel different than the otherside in the same spot?
i feel a small bulge...but not a big one like my dad had a couple years back... so im just wondering
Old 06-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #22
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
i feel a small bulge...but not a big one like my dad had a couple years back... so im just wondering
Is that bulge on the same place on the otherside if you feel for it?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #23
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

there is a bulge on the left, but not on the right, but its pretty small, id say...quarter sized?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #24
Chazlom is on a distinguished road
Chazlom's Tacoma Gallery
Diverticulitus, ? Did you eat anything with small seeds the day prior? Do you have dull abomnal pail besides the sharper focused area? Are you running a slight fevor?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #25
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
there is a bulge on the left, but not on the right, but its pretty small, id say...quarter sized?
Sounds like a hernia. Now do what gprice said.

Bottom line you'll need to see your doc and get it fixed at some point. If it doesnt reduce and move, then you need to see your doc soon. If its very painful and you start feeling like crap go to the ER, strangulated bowel is an emergency.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #26
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
also if you get almost instant relief when you lay on your back, it's more than likely a hernia..being that the intestine is falling back under the tear. At this point, I think you oughta just go in and get it checked.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #27
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
Why not see a Dr.? My Son played off an appendicitis a day to long (stomach ache). He spent 14 days in the Hospital after it ruptured. Better safe than sorry.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #29
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Just push it back if it's a real hernia, it hurts like a bitch but you gotta do it. if it's a small one it's no big deal.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #30

i have pushed at it and it just hurts, doesn't really move much... did the cough thing and there is definitely something there on the left side thats not on the right
Old 06-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #31
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
walk into country hospital with no id, they have to treat you
Old 06-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #32
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
could it be kidney stones? Haven't read all posts, might be repeating

edit: now that i read what you said in later posts, disregard my comment. Hope you feel better tho
Old 06-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #33
revised
Quote:
i have pushed at it and it just hurts, doesn't really move much... did the cough thing and there is definitely something there on the left side thats not on the right
Yup you have a hernia. See your doctor. You'll get to have a simple surgery to correct the defect.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #34

Quote:
Yup you have a hernia. See your doctor. You'll get to have a simple surgery to correct the defect.
damnit lol, hopefully the doc tells me otherwise, not a fan of surgery lol
Old 06-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #35

the weirdest feeling part is i feel like i feel something moving in the region where i think i have a hernia... kinda like there is liquid moving through the area
Old 06-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #36
revised
Quote:
Its really a minor surgery. Dont put it off.

Quote:
the weirdest feeling part is i feel like i feel something moving in the region where i think i have a hernia... kinda like there is liquid moving through the area
Yeah thats whatever tissue that is buldging through the defect. Hopefully it's not bowel.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Its really a minor surgery. Dont put it off.

Yeah thats whatever tissue that is buldging through the defect. Hopefully it's not bowel.
oh i wont put it off, just not a fan of surgery...the only good part of surgery so far in my life is coming out of it, still drugged up...then you feel pretty good, after, not so much
Old 06-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #38
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
If you can, try to use a stool softener and clear yourself out. You don't want bowel to be in the bulge while it's come through the tear. That's when it gets worse.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #39
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My brother had a minor hernia, the doctor basically said if it gets worse he will need a mesh guard put in but it actually fix it's self. He is also a gym trainer just about as fit as you can get so take it with a grain of salt.

My dad also had a hernia a few months back and said the surgery was not bad at all, even though its a subjective opinion.

I've also had 2 hernias, born with one kind and then when I was younger and still get pains sometimes. Best bet is to get it checked out, better get a "take it easy for a month or so" then end up on 100 ways to die .

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
If you can, try to use a stool softener and clear yourself out. You don't want bowel to be in the bulge while it's come through the tear. That's when it gets worse.
^ no fiber one for you good sir
Old 06-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
My brother had a minor hernia, the doctor basically said if it gets worse he will need a mesh guard put in but it actually fix it's self. He is also a gym trainer just about as fit as you can get so take it with a grain of salt.

My dad also had a hernia a few months back and said the surgery was not bad at all, even though its a subjective opinion.

I've also had 2 hernias, born with one kind and then when I was younger and still get pains sometimes. Best bet is to get it checked out, better get a "take it easy for a month or so" then end up on 100 ways to die .

^ no fiber one for you good sir
yeah, it'll be better safe then sorry, not on 1000 ways to die lol... right now since i usually lay sideways or on my stomach in bed, cuz i keep using my computer , it hurts more... but if i lay on my back, or stand for a couple of minutes it reduces the pain