Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Do I have a Hernia? (Serious Question)

Old 06-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #41
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazlom View Post
Diverticulitus, ? Did you eat anything with small seeds the day prior? Do you have dull abomnal pail besides the sharper focused area? Are you running a slight fevor?
21 is pretty young for Diverticulitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
Just push it back if it's a real hernia, it hurts like a bitch but you gotta do it. if it's a small one it's no big deal.
If it is indeed a hernia peri umbilical or through anywhere in anterior abdominal wall, ie- not through inguinal ligament and you do feel a very palpable bulge, you wont do any harm pushing it back in. This is the immediate clinical treatment anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
yeah, it'll be better safe then sorry, not on 1000 ways to die lol... right now since i usually lay sideways or on my stomach in bed, cuz i keep using my computer , it hurts more... but if i lay on my back, or stand for a couple of minutes it reduces the pain
You likely wont do any harm waiting a few days with Ice and NSAIDS, ie ibuprofen. A Torn muscle will feel burning with swelling. A hernia is a quite simple clinical diagnosis that can be easily palpated by your dr. Schedule an apt with your primary care doc. Not much else comes to mind for differential diagnosis. Appendicitis or general perotinitis you will feel pretty sick, ie fever chills, nausea, vomiting. Its musculoskeletal if you feel acute swelling in abdominal wall. Again, I would wait a few days until swelling subsides and you can really feel around. Any continuous bulge or palpable defect schedule primary care doc.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #42
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
so i just got back from my hospital, the pain got worse this morning, so i called my dad and he took me...they did an MRI and they told me its not a hernia, but a partially torn lower abdominal muscle... he called it oblique or something like that, so all i can do is take it easy, said the surgery would be more evasive then if i just let it heal....the bulge i felt was sever swelling and building of fluids over the muscle apparently.... so i just have to take over the counter pain pills and not do anything strenuous.... wanted to thank you guys for all the help and thoughts on what it might be
Old 06-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #43
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sounds about right 3 layers of abdominal muscle oblique layer is one. Surgery would certainly be more "invasive." Abdominal tears hurt bad- take it easy
Old 06-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #44
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Sounds about right 3 layers of abdominal muscle oblique layer is one. Surgery would certainly be more "invasive." Abdominal tears hurt bad- take it easy
Yeah this morning I could barely move... It really sucked to move at all lol...ibuprofen helps dull the pain so I'm not feeling like a knife in me, more like a bad stomach ache
Old 06-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #45
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
Army: Signal LT, 228 CSH (USAR)
Name: Anthony
thairannosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
weird to say but glad it's only a muscle tear, haha. at least you got closure too. resting and taking it easy with OTC meds is a lot better than any surgery, minor or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
Is it still seriously this bad in the USA? I thought things were a bit better since Sicko.
yeah, they got me on "last minute" stuff. i was told by one doctor the bulge was a cyst (was actually the hernia) and not to worry about it. so i actually had my "cyst" (hernia) for well over a year and thought nothing of it then it started hurting real bad one day and the doctor couldn't figure out why so he referred me to a urologist that confirmed it was a hernia and a bad one at that. kept hurting, had to get surgery within the week. the surgery itself was pretty costly, throw in the price for surgeon, anesthesiologist, hospital costs, recovery there, what should've been minor surgery turned into having to repair the weak spot with mesh, the pain pump they had in me that pumped pain med into the surgery location for the week or so after surgery, medication then the check ups and what not. i might've been exaggerating a bit about 100k but it was still close to about 80k after all was said and done. but yeah, us healthcare... leaves something to be desired. gf had kidney stones once and the emergency room cost alone was 1500 (on top of tests), if the kidney stone was considerate and waited till the day it might've only cost a couple hundred haha. the sad part is she paid 1500 for an "emergency" and was still sitting there crying for about 3 hours before she was seen when there may have only been 4 people there before us.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #46

The kids MRI alone was likely over 5 grand plus doctor visit and radiology read fee. MRI cost a ton
Old 06-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
The kids MRI alone was likely over 5 grand plus doctor visit and radiology read fee. MRI cost a ton
we'll see what the bill says lol
Old 06-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #48
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
I wish my insurance deductible was only $100.....my deductible $1500 and my doctor told me Monday that I have a Hernia. The good part is i have $1800 in my reimbursement acct.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
we'll see what the bill says lol
Depends on your insurance but the price tag before paid is gonna be a lot