1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do I have a Hernia? (Serious Question)

Discussion in 'Health' started by tacomathunder, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jun 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    So 2 days ago I was playing basketball with my friends, and everything seemed fine... the next morning i woke up with pain on my lower abdomen left side from my perspective, so right side if you were looking at me... the pain is right at the bottom of my belly and top of my belt line. It hurts more when i have to go pee, but after i go the pain is somewhat relieved, but not gone... could this be a hernia? or am i overreacting to a possible small muscle strain?

2. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM
    Bennett707

Bennett707 Station707

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No more taco life for me
    see your doctor.

3. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    Idk,when I got a hernia,mine was directly above my belly button. Was the size of a big golfball,and I was hunched over couldn't stand up.

4. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    X2

5. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    well i was asking cuz i have shitty health insurance and dont want to shell out 100 bucks only to be told that i dont have a hernia, so i just wanted to see if anyone knew if the symptoms i described sound like a hernia

6. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    Bennett707

Bennett707 Station707

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No more taco life for me
    http://www.freemedicalsearch.org/sta/florida

7. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    $100 is a lot less than emergency room and ambulance costs.... Better to get checked out now than to let it get worse

8. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:06 PM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    My Dr said it usually happens on our right side next to nut. And can pop out abdominally like mine did. I was lifting 15" cast iron pipe. Something had to give.

9. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    This is what I was thinking. What if it's your appendix or something more serious. I had a friend at work who thought he had a bad stomach ache, could barely stand up and walk. We all made him go to the hospital. Ended up being his appendix was about to pop. Doctors told him it was good he came in when he did. Could have been way worse.

10. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    im gonna have to go tomorrow, the pain is bad, but ive felt worse, so idk what to think

11. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM
    Skootter14

Skootter14 Upon my signal, unleash Hell

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport 4D LB 4x4 Metallic Grey
    "a lot of stupid stuff" -Wife
    Appendix is on ur right side (as you look down to your own toes) and below the belt line. When it gets within 24 hrs of bursting, the pain gets unbearable and ull go to the doc and be rushed into surgery before it bursts and toxins flow through ur body.....trust me. If its ur left side=no appendicitis

12. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    yeah its on my left side, so thats a relief... but it is a pain like i have never felt, like the pains ive felt are external from deep cuts and such...this is like a pain at the muscle level instead of skin level....but the pain is not unbearable, just its there and its enough for me to be somewhat worried

13. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    PkTaco

PkTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Zanesville Ohio
    Good to see that you are going to see the Doc!

14. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    thairannosaurus

thairannosaurus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD Pro
    AC drain mod, interior lights, tonneau cover, avid light bar, N2 remote start, power tailgate lock
    I had an inguinal hernia and it never really hurt (but when it did, it felt like the stomach ache from the deepest, darkest depths of hell) but it was a giant bulge where my groin area was. like everyone said, its better to dish out 100 bucks now then the tens of thousands for emergency room (my medical bills including surgery and emergency room cost would've cost a little less than 100k if not for my medical insurance) and emergency surgery when you get intestinal strangulation (worst case scenario for a hernia where the intestines get caught in the muscle and your entire digestive system gets stopped and you could die). also, you might as well pay the 100 and find out what ACTUALLY is wrong. could be something small now but could turn into something big the longer you let it develop.

15. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    Skootter14

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    When I had it (age:13ish) I was doubled over in pain trying to go to sleep for 3 hours and hope it would be gone in the morning. After my dad kept hearing me toss and turn and moan in pain (and told me to go to sleep haha) he rushed me to the ER and I went into surgery no more than 45 min later. That was 12 yrs ago and I still use that pain as my 10 on the 1-10'scale. Gut wrenching

16. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    thats true, im gonna have to go to a clinic around me or something because my doc is always booked for some reason... hopefully its the kind of hernia that can be pushed back in, and no surgery is needed... or hopefully its just a muscle strain, that'd be great

17. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    Skootter14

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    100$ is worth the peace of mind in my opinion

18. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    Hammock

Hammock Member

Member:
    Fort McMurray,AB,Canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Is it still seriously this bad in the USA? I thought things were a bit better since Sicko.

19. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    Why does hernia pop into your mind? Is there any swelling or does it feel different than the otherside in the same spot?

20. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:32 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    "Hmm, I might have a serious medical problem, what should I do? Oh, yeah, I should ask a forum for trucks!"

:rolleyes:

Good luck with the Doc.

Matt

Products Discussed in

To Top