LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Do I have a Hernia? (Serious Question)

Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Do I have a Hernia? (Serious Question)

So 2 days ago I was playing basketball with my friends, and everything seemed fine... the next morning i woke up with pain on my lower abdomen left side from my perspective, so right side if you were looking at me... the pain is right at the bottom of my belly and top of my belt line. It hurts more when i have to go pee, but after i go the pain is somewhat relieved, but not gone... could this be a hernia? or am i overreacting to a possible small muscle strain?
Old 06-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
see your doctor.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Idk,when I got a hernia,mine was directly above my belly button. Was the size of a big golfball,and I was hunched over couldn't stand up.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
see your doctor.
X2
Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
see your doctor.
well i was asking cuz i have shitty health insurance and dont want to shell out 100 bucks only to be told that i dont have a hernia, so i just wanted to see if anyone knew if the symptoms i described sound like a hernia
Old 06-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
well i was asking cuz i have shitty health insurance and dont want to shell out 100 bucks only to be told that i dont have a hernia, so i just wanted to see if anyone knew if the symptoms i described sound like a hernia
http://www.freemedicalsearch.org/sta/florida
Old 06-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
dont tread on me!

My Dr said it usually happens on our right side next to nut. And can pop out abdominally like mine did. I was lifting 15" cast iron pipe. Something had to give.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
$100 is a lot less than emergency room and ambulance costs.... Better to get checked out now than to let it get worse
This is what I was thinking. What if it's your appendix or something more serious. I had a friend at work who thought he had a bad stomach ache, could barely stand up and walk. We all made him go to the hospital. Ended up being his appendix was about to pop. Doctors told him it was good he came in when he did. Could have been way worse.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #10

im gonna have to go tomorrow, the pain is bad, but ive felt worse, so idk what to think
Old 06-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
Upon my signal, unleash Hell
Skootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jeremy
Skootter14's Tacoma Gallery
Appendix is on ur right side (as you look down to your own toes) and below the belt line. When it gets within 24 hrs of bursting, the pain gets unbearable and ull go to the doc and be rushed into surgery before it bursts and toxins flow through ur body.....trust me. If its ur left side=no appendicitis
Old 06-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootter14 View Post
Appendix is on ur right side (as you look down to your own toes) and below the belt line. When it gets within 24 hrs of bursting, the pain gets unbearable and ill go to the doc and be rushed into surgery before it bursts and toxins flow through ur body.....trust me. If its ur left side=no appendicitis
yeah its on my left side, so thats a relief... but it is a pain like i have never felt, like the pains ive felt are external from deep cuts and such...this is like a pain at the muscle level instead of skin level....but the pain is not unbearable, just its there and its enough for me to be somewhat worried
Old 06-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #13
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good to see that you are going to see the Doc!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #14
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
Army: Signal LT, 228 CSH (USAR)
Name: Anthony
thairannosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
I had an inguinal hernia and it never really hurt (but when it did, it felt like the stomach ache from the deepest, darkest depths of hell) but it was a giant bulge where my groin area was. like everyone said, its better to dish out 100 bucks now then the tens of thousands for emergency room (my medical bills including surgery and emergency room cost would've cost a little less than 100k if not for my medical insurance) and emergency surgery when you get intestinal strangulation (worst case scenario for a hernia where the intestines get caught in the muscle and your entire digestive system gets stopped and you could die). also, you might as well pay the 100 and find out what ACTUALLY is wrong. could be something small now but could turn into something big the longer you let it develop.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
Upon my signal, unleash Hell
Skootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jeremy
Skootter14's Tacoma Gallery
When I had it (age:13ish) I was doubled over in pain trying to go to sleep for 3 hours and hope it would be gone in the morning. After my dad kept hearing me toss and turn and moan in pain (and told me to go to sleep haha) he rushed me to the ER and I went into surgery no more than 45 min later. That was 12 yrs ago and I still use that pain as my 10 on the 1-10'scale. Gut wrenching
Old 06-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairannosaurus View Post
I had an inguinal hernia and it never really hurt (but when it did, it felt like the stomach ache from the deepest, darkest depths of hell) but it was a giant bulge where my groin area was. like everyone said, its better to dish out 100 bucks now then the tens of thousands for emergency room (my medical bills including surgery and emergency room cost would've cost a little less than 100k if not for my medical insurance) and emergency surgery when you get intestinal strangulation (worst case scenario for a hernia where the intestines get caught in the muscle and your entire digestive system gets stopped and you could die). also, you might as well pay the 100 and find out what ACTUALLY is wrong. could be something small now but could turn into something big the longer you let it develop.
thats true, im gonna have to go to a clinic around me or something because my doc is always booked for some reason... hopefully its the kind of hernia that can be pushed back in, and no surgery is needed... or hopefully its just a muscle strain, that'd be great
Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #18
Hammock is on a distinguished road
Hammock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thairannosaurus View Post
its better to dish out 100 bucks now then the tens of thousands for emergency room (my medical bills including surgery and emergency room cost would've cost a little less than 100k if not for my medical insurance)
Is it still seriously this bad in the USA? I thought things were a bit better since Sicko.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #19
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Why does hernia pop into your mind? Is there any swelling or does it feel different than the otherside in the same spot?
Old 06-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #20
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
"Hmm, I might have a serious medical problem, what should I do? Oh, yeah, I should ask a forum for trucks!"

Good luck with the Doc.

Matt