Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Dealing with low-T need help!

Old 06-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
scheide is on a distinguished road
scheide's Tacoma Gallery
Dealing with low-T need help!

Looking for some suggestions for raising my testosterone levels. I used to work out religiously until a couple yrs. ago. my testosterone level is now below 150. So obviously no ambition at the end of each day to lift. I can't afford the 400$ a month for the advertised tv products. Insurance won't pay either. Any advise would be helpful. thanks
Old 06-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
if you have low T, you should take it easy with the workouts, over training can lower your T level. i would make sure you have enough fats and carbs in your diet. supplement like ZMA and Yohimbine can raise natrual T level and boost sex drive. and i know this sucks but try to have less sex, but watch more erotic if that makes sense. a lot of T boosters work but it doesnt help as much as most people think. T level is a hard one to tackle because if you inject T your natural level will never come back and you are stuck injecting for life.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Androgel, Testim or testosterone injections

Your PCP can get it covered under your insurance and go to the manufactures web site and find coupons that lower your co-pay.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Got to agree with my boy Patrick......if you get it tested through your Dr, it should be covered. I've heard having sex and/or rubbing one out can reduce T in the immediate, but raises it after recovery. Clean the pipes regularly even if you don't feel like it. LOTS of sleep/naps, good food and reduce stress is about all you can do!

As far as workouts, I'd keep them short and make sure the intensity isn't too high.....focus on max strength in the 3-5 rep range with lots of rest. This will stimulate the CNS and not over tax it which will take a lot to recover from. Google a technique called "grease the groove" you basically do small easy sets all day long while staying fresh (chin ups and push-ups are easiest to do anywhere).
Old 06-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
scheide's Tacoma Gallery
low-t

Thanks for the replies. insurance won't cover and meds. for it. So I will try any of the above ideas to help me out. Some days really suck.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Look up Mike Mahler he's big on natural hormone boosters......diet, exercise, lifestyle and supplements are an integral part. Stinging Nettle, almonds and broccoli/califlower are good at boosting DHT which raises T and an overal diet with 30% fat. What's your stress levels look like?
Old 06-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
scheide's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure on the stress levels as far as medical tests. But I do work for a phycopath boss that does cause a lot of stress. That does not help matters.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #8
Watt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
Watt maker's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody else have low-T supplement recommendations? Hate to say it but, I believe I'm going through this as well. I picked up some stuff called ultra T male or something like that from a health food store but I feel like it's working the opposite way. Can that even happen? I have a ton of stress in my life right now, get only about 4-5 hrs of sleep, I try to eat right but not always, and I started working out again. Open to any suggestions.