Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

10 day Juice Fast

Old 07-14-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
10 day Juice Fast

Well its for some, but not everybody, I decided while I'm at the second part of my shift up in northern Alberta living in camp I am going to go a on juice fast. Ive done this in the past successfully for 3 and 5 day fasts at home, but never have I ever done a Juice Fast up in camp

I dont have my accurate scale on site so I wont be sharing weight at the moment..... I am doing mainly to reboot my system and see if this is something that is viable while on a job site where you have a plentiful fruit selection. I have offset myself by grabbing 4 bundles on spinach, 2 large bags of carrots and a dozen cucumbers

The goal : 100% fruit juice in the morning
50/50 fruit and vegetable for a mid morning juice
80/20 vegetable to fruit ratio for lunch
80/20 vegetable to fruit for supper

This morning at 6:59am MST i have made a 2 kiwi, 1 orange and 1 apple drink - by far one of my favorites to start the day off and takes little to no time for clean up

my juicer through this run in a Magic Bullet Juice Bullet - Fits a full orange with peel on, probably the largest item youll get to fit with out cutting
Old 07-14-2013, 06:25 AM   #2
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
I may sound like a noob asking but what are these for?

I know it's 10 days straight of just fruit drinks, but is it for weight loss directly or what?

What are the pros and cons of it
Old 07-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post

I know it's 10 days straight of just fruit drinks, but is it for weight loss directly or what?

its a little bit of weight loss, it works for me to basically pull start my metabolism........ helps you kick all the crap that is stored in your body like processed foods and toxins.

How this works can be dangerous if you are trying to perform for too long of a period of time. You really need to get some protein in your system, but things like kiwi's and broccoli and spinach contain enough protein to keep you going. The first couple days are always the worst as your hungry, your grumpy at times.... and than on top of that you see someone eat and you just want a taste :P
Old 07-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
if you google some juice fasting techniques there are LOTS of good tips out there to help you progress along or just research. I usually juice fast atleast once a quarter, like I said Ive never Juice fasted for longer than 5 days, I usually feel like hell by day 3..... day 4 i normalize, day 5 I have no appetite
Old 07-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
9:30AM MST

2 Large carrots, cleaned and peeled, 1 orange and half an apricot

^^ new flavor, soooooo goooddddd
Old 10-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
you have any recipes that you really like??
Old 10-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
really interested in the results, can do you a log day by day. like how you feel, weight loss, juices ect
Old 10-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post

I did one for two days and man! I had the most mental clarity in my life I have ever had. I attribute this mental clarity to removing toxins from my body. Some people do it for weight loss and health. I have heard of marathoners and triathletes doing a juice fast after a race, where they binged after the actual race basically eating crap and they use the juice fast to get it out of their system to help them start training again.

I also remember the juice fast getting rid of my bad food cravings. I mainly did vegetables. About 80% veggies and the rest was fruit which also helps with better flavor.

My fave is the "mean green"

6 kale leaves
1 cucumber
2-3 celery stalks
1 green apple
1/2 lemon
1" ginger root
Old 10-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #9
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
if you google some juice fasting techniques there are LOTS of good tips out there to help you progress along or just research. I usually juice fast atleast once a quarter, like I said Ive never Juice fasted for longer than 5 days, I usually feel like hell by day 3..... day 4 i normalize, day 5 I have no appetite
You have a stronger will than I do. I tried to do a 3 day. Planning to do 2-3 days again next week. I really liked the way I felt after it was done which was months ago but I still drink juices a few times a week. This may sound weird to others...but umm have you had frequent urination when on these fasts? If so how are you gonna handle this while working? I have avoided trying again because of my schedule.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I swear every other person I meet in LA is on a juice cleanse. Even my manager would walk by with a green kale drink in his hand.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
gm diet

have you all ever heard of the gm diet?
Old 12-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #12
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
ive had a nutri bullet for a month or so and ill second that the juices help fend off cravings for junk food. ill split one juice 16 oz each in the morning with my wife and it really helps jump start the day.