Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

TacomaWorld weight loss thread!!

Old 05-19-2014, 06:13 AM   #41
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Time for my Monday morning weigh in. Lets see how much damage the weekend did. As of today I am 221lbs. Anyone one else got anything to report?? Lets hear it!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:21 AM   #42
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
This is my first time finding this thread, im down 30 pounds for the year so far
Old 05-19-2014, 06:24 AM   #43
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretacoowner View Post
Time for my Monday morning weigh in. Lets see how much damage the weekend did. As of today I am 221lbs. Anyone one else got anything to report?? Lets hear it!
189. Same as usual.

I did find out one thing. Once I quit drinking a few years ago I lost about 15 Lbs in just a little over a week. I was drinking at least a 12 pack of Fat Tire each day and at around 160 Cal each that is a lot. Add to that any food I was eating made for a bad combination.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:30 AM   #44
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I will give you guys some unsolicited advise and it may have been brought up before. Since I got my trainers license a few years ago take your scale and put it in your closet and only pull it out once a week. Don't be one of these people that obsessively jumps on the scale every day. Your body weight can fluctuate by as much as 5lbs a day depending on food / liquid intake. You are setting yourself up for failure if you do that. You will get a better base line reading if you only weigh yourself every so often. Besides... you "know" if you're gaining / losing weight without a scale just by how your cloths fit. You don't need a scale for that. It just validates what you already know.

Keep up the good work guys and if any of you have any questions please feel free to hit me up on here or a PM if so inclined. I'll be happy to lend whatever assistance I can.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #45
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
I will give you guys some unsolicited advise and it may have been brought up before. Since I got my trainers license a few years ago take your scale and put it in your closet and only pull it out once a week. Don't be one of these people that obsessively jumps on the scale every day. Your body weight can fluctuate by as much as 5lbs a day depending on food / liquid intake. You are setting yourself up for failure if you do that. You will get a better base line reading if you only weigh yourself every so often. Besides... you "know" if you're gaining / losing weight without a scale just by how your cloths fit. You don't need a scale for that. It just validates what you already know.

Keep up the good work guys and if any of you have any questions please feel free to hit me up on here or a PM if so inclined. I'll be happy to lend whatever assistance I can.
My wife is one of those who constantly weighs herself, sometimes a few times a day....cant tell her anything though.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:24 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
My wife is one of those who constantly weighs herself, sometimes a few times a day....cant tell her anything though.
Unfortunately some women are like that. You can't change it. For some it's built into their nature though it's not healthy nor productive. In fact it's counter productive. The only reason I know is because I got mine out this morning because of this thread. I "might" get it out sometime next week..... maybe.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #47
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
This is my first time finding this thread, im down 30 pounds for the year so far
Good Job!!

Quote:
189. Same as usual.

I did find out one thing. Once I quit drinking a few years ago I lost about 15 Lbs in just a little over a week. I was drinking at least a 12 pack of Fat Tire each day and at around 160 Cal each that is a lot. Add to that any food I was eating made for a bad combination.
I am trying to limit my beer intake, I am not a heavy drinker but do have an occassional few with friends. I am trying to keep it at a 6 pack or less a week. Also it falls in line with my longer/tougher workouts.

Quote:

I was bad last week weighing myself every morning. I was frustrated that I had gained s few lbs so I wanted to make sure it was coming off. Now that I have that weight off I am going to try to only get on the scales once a week.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #48

So yesterday my girlfriend and her friend brought me shopping -_-, as we go into the mall we see a sports store is having a major sale on shoes. Long story short I got a new pair of running shoes. These shoes are sort of in between minimalist running shoes and normal running shoes in that they have a good sole but there is n extra padding to lift the heel. Today, the first day of week 2 of my C25K training, I decided to run in them. All I have to say is my calves are so sore! I did not develop any shin splints during my run at all. I know I have a long way to go and still not the best but it is still better than that of those that aren`t running at all. Also, yesterday the girls really wanted to go have lunch at mcdonalds, I figured I would have a mcwrap. Well, the particular wrap I chose was 600 calories. I did manage to not blow through many more calories than I usually eat in a day, but I definatly should find some better alternatives.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #49

I never eat at fast food restaurants (with the exception of subway). If I'm forced to go I'll just get a diet coke and eat later. My main indulgence is mexican once a week. The rest of the week is just portion control. If you must eat at McDonald's then a small hamburger really isn't that bad for you. Just try to steer clear of the fries.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #50
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I never eat at fast food restaurants (with the exception of subway). If I'm forced to go I'll just get a diet coke and eat later. My main indulgence is mexican once a week. The rest of the week is just portion control. If you must eat at McDonald's then a small hamburger really isn't that bad for you. Just try to steer clear of the fries.
You know subway is just as bad as mcdonalds?
Old 05-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
You know subway is just as bad as mcdonalds?
Depending on what you get.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #52

Quote:
Depending on what you get.
x2 a 6 inch subway club on wholewheat with cheese and light mayo is 390 calories. At the same time my old order of twelve inch teriyaki chicken with southwest and sweet onion on italtian herb and cheese goes at around 1230 and I used to get cookies and a soda also now just a bottle of water.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #53
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm not talking just calories. You have to also watch the fat and sodium.

I have nothing on subway. I actually love it and am going there now lol
Old 05-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I'm not talking just calories. You have to also watch the fat and sodium.

I have nothing on subway. I actually love it and am going there now lol
Agreed. I usually get the turkey on wheat with spicy mustard. Fat and calories isn't really too much of a issue with that. But you are very correct about the sodium. Any processed meat is going to be high in sodium. That's not a big deal with weight loss (other than fluid retention) but higher blood pressure might come into play with some people.

Again.... it really comes back to moderation. Most anything natural with no preservatives is going to be best. That said.... I'm going to eat my mexican food each week.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #55

Just had a foot long buffalo chicken with pepper jack, jalapenos, spinach, banana peppers, hot sauce, and light ranch. Soooo good. But I'm also not trying to lose weight lol.. I'm more about appearance than weight. Weight is just a number that isnt public but my appearance everyone can see
Old 05-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #56
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Me at about 265

And now at 180. I followed weight watchers and took up bike riding.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #57

Nice! Congrats
Old 05-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #58
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
damn, good job man
Old 05-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #59
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Me at about 265

And now at 180. I followed weight watchers and took up bike riding.
Congratulations! I like weight watchers becaus it helps me with portion control, which is my main reason for weight gain. I like to eat till I'm FULL, especially at night. I've been up and down in weight for the past 15 years and I'm only 30. Boxing competitively kept me in shape but I stopped about 2 years ago and it's been a struggle ever since. My workouts now are very moderate compare to my 2 hour intense daily workouts I did for the last 12 years. Weight watchers has worked for me although I've slipped and gone back to my old ways I'm now back to it and looking at it as a way to eat for the rest of my life, instead of a temporary thing. I can learn the correct portions for my body
Old 05-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #60

I noticed when I turned 40 it requires a little extra work to keep the weight off. A few years back I got a opportunity to get my personal trainers license through the FD free of charge so I jumped on it.

Weight Watchers is a good program and it does rely on portion control and times of meals / snacks. I use a similar version for myself but I tend to make my own food rather than eat pre-packaged stuff. I'm fortunate that the FD keeps me in shape because of all the gear that I have to carry around all the time and I despise working out. It also helps that I raced BMX starting at age 5 and was a factory rider on a Mountain Bike team until my mid 30's.

I'm sure it has been brought up but genetics also play a pretty big role in determining if you will gain weight. Some of the healthiest people I know carry extra weight around with them and couldn't lose it if they wanted too.

The thing to remember and I preach this consistently. Moderation is the key to weight control. It honestly doesn't matter what you eat it matters more so how "much" you eat of a given food. Do not deny yourself that "cheat" day every once in a while and when you do DO NOT feel guilty about it. It will not hurt you and I think you will find that if you were to weigh yourself the next day you will notice that you actually have a good chance of weighing a little less. Just don't make it a habit.

Keep up the good work guys!