Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

TacomaWorld weight loss thread!!

Old 05-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #61
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ this moderation and self control
Old 05-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #62
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Moderation, self control, and motivation!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #63
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just went for ice cream at dq with my girlfriend. I wasn't even able to finish a medium, I used to finish a large no problem.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #64

I know this isn't exactly the most active of threads, and we are a relative few who are posting. Nonetheless, what is your motivation to lose weight/ become healthier? What is your driving force? For me it's that I am sick and tired of being the "fat one" in all my social groups. The biggest reason other than that, and better health, is to reduce the risk of a job related injury, and to go to fire school and become a firefighter.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #65
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
My main reason is my kids. My family has a history with heart issues. But my family was also unhealthy. They smoke, didn't exercise, and ate poorly. I lost my parents at a early age and alot of it could have been prevented. I do not intend leaving my kids anytime soon. If only I could kick beer now, that's my only vice. Plus I like to look sexy for my wife
Old 05-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #66
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
I've been pretty fortunate with my weight most of my life. I attribute most of that to racing bikes, being on one of the busiest Truck Companies in the south, and just plain old genetics.

I do notice though that the weight is harder to keep off once you hit 40. Getting my personal trainers license helped also with teaching me moderation and keeping active. You don't have to hit the gym to stay active. Just get up and go for a walk, mow the yard, play with the kids, etc....

As long as you burn more calories than you take in you will lose weight. Just remember it didn't get there overnight so it won't come off overnight. It is a lifestyle change but it truly is as simple as that.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #67

So this weekend I kind of feel off the weight loss/ health bandwagon. It was my step dads birthday and we had a BBQ. I still worked out though. I have decided to change my weigh ins to Fridays instead of Mondays. I also started to incoporate bodyweight exercises into my plan. I am doing bodyweight exercises due to the fact that I live too far from the nearest gym, and it is much more practical. I would prefer free weight exercises, but for me at this moment it is not possible. keep in mind I do kayak a few times a week, usually at a moderate to vigourous pace. and I also bike.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #68
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I had my one Mexican meal yesterday. At the station today and getting ready to eat some sushi. Worked in the yard all day Sat. and cleaned out the garage all day Sun. I'm still in a calorie deficit but that's good.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:43 AM   #69

Alright, so last time I jumped on the scale I was at 218lbs, though I am thinking there was a lb. or 2 water weight(at least hoping) I started to do a little weight training in my "redneck" gym. I also went on a 14 miles bike ride on Tuesday that got me a bunch of abrasions, a few bruises, and 3 stitches. That didnt stop me, 2 days after I continued my C25K, and continued weight training. I also started eating IIFYM which took a bit of getting used to the first couple days, but after is going quite well. I did eat over my recommended calories for losing weight yesterday, but stayed under my maintenance, and under my goal for the week.

For those of you wondering about my "redneck gym", let me explain. I live to far from the closest gym for it to be worth my while, so I made my own. I have a few cinder blocks I use as dumbells, a tree that I fell for a barbell, a couple tall chairs for a squat rack, and a retaining wall for a bench. It is far from pretty but it works.

I think that I am driving my family a little crazy, because I track every calorie, and weigh everything. Really losing weight is simple calories in just have to be less than calories out. add a little weight training to minimalize muscle loss and stay motivated and you got yourself some fat loss.

The one question I have is why do people want to stop you from losing weight? I mean people who are like take a day off, or don't you think you have lost enough already? It really bugs me. I want to be skinny, for me, that is who I want to be. Please help keep me motivated, please don't try to un-motivate me!

Sorry for the long post!!

**disclaimer- I am not a professional, just a guy trying to lose weight. So, please don't think I am giving official advice. I am just saying what seems to be working for me.**
Old 05-31-2014, 09:08 AM   #70

No man... You're exactly right. You are doing it for you. No one else. There is nothing wrong with wanting to better yourself and your health. Don't let anyone un-motivate you. You are doing the right thing for you. There is also nothing wrong with your redneck gym. In all honesty, the hardest workouts have been with body weight alone. No outside weights at all. Try holding a "plank" position for 2 mins. That is one of the hardest things (also one of the best for building your core) that you will ever do.

Keep it up brother. You're doing good!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #71
Damaged Goods
ag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
You do need to keep going, the weight comes off easier at your age. I am 53 now and can get my wieght to budge. I was a gymnast and rode bikes every day at your age. I am 5' 9" and was a ripped 165. After Gymnastics I kept riding my bike and stayed around 180 (big frame) then in my 40's a knee injury sidelined me for a few months and that was it, I have been at 230 ever since.

For me the aerobics worked best for wieght loss. and a diet you can stick to forever is what you need. Once you reach your goal the stuff you cut out will sneak back in. Sugar is the biggest problem I think trying to get rid of that addictive substance is the best /hardest thing.

GL and don't give up!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:38 AM   #72

You're right about the older you get. I'm in my mid 40's and it is more of a challenge than it was in my mid 20. Course I was racing bikes back then so it was a completely different ball game. I'm more sedentary than I used to be but still walk 5 miles almost every day.

Calories in less than calories out. That's it. So simple yet so hard at the same time.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:13 PM   #73
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Im down 35 pounds now, i cleaned out my attic, i had boxes and trash bags full of clothes i havnt worn in years, it was like going shopping for new clothes without spending a penny. My wife is starting to be a pain in the ass about me being at the gym so much...you guys can guess my number of fucks given.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
Im down 35 pounds now, i cleaned out my attic, i had boxes and trash bags full of clothes i havnt worn in years, it was like going shopping for new clothes without spending a penny. My wife is starting to be a pain in the ass about me being at the gym so much...you guys can guess my number of fucks given.
Good job!!!! Many worse places to be than at the gym!

A channel I have been watching on youtube that is pretty good https://www.youtube.com/user/FeedingFitness . The guy actually dropped a great amount of weight and explained how he did it, and what he is doing now.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #75
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
I lost and gained weight, in a good way.
Attached Thumbnails
TacomaWorld weight loss thread!!-2014-06-17_211801.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #76
badphish14 will become famous soon enoughbadphish14 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
badphish14's Tacoma Gallery
After 2,000 excuses for more than 2 years, all boiling down to being lazy, finally starting to get my act back together and get back into shape.
Should be interesting. I went for my old bike ride that I used to kill and it kicked my ass.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:59 AM   #77
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
-40 pounds
I should have taken progress photos but didnt (mostly too ashamed to take them)
Im now the same weight i was 9 years ago before i started getting into shape the first time. I hope to be 200 by the end of the year. Im not sure yet if that is an unrealistic goal.
My work uniform is falling off of me because it is too big, but there is a shortage of uniform pants available, this is a nice problem to have lol
Old 06-26-2014, 06:29 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by badphish14 View Post
After 2,000 excuses for more than 2 years, all boiling down to being lazy, finally starting to get my act back together and get back into shape.
Should be interesting. I went for my old bike ride that I used to kill and it kicked my ass.
The bike ride should give you some motivation. If you're anything like me, know that I used to be able to do something and now I can't.... I don't take that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
-40 pounds
I should have taken progress photos but didnt (mostly too ashamed to take them)
Im now the same weight i was 9 years ago before i started getting into shape the first time. I hope to be 200 by the end of the year. Im not sure yet if that is an unrealistic goal.
My work uniform is falling off of me because it is too big, but there is a shortage of uniform pants available, this is a nice problem to have lol

40 lbs! That's awesome man! Keep it up. Now that you've come this far I did want to mention that there will be a time sooner or later when you plateau and your weight will level off for a bit. Don't get discouraged if it happens. It's just what your body does. It has gotten used to the lower calorie intake and so the weight comes off slower. That is the point a lot of people reach and give up because they aren't seeing the results as fast as they once were. It will keep coming off though.

You're doing great man. Keep it up!
Old 06-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #79
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
The bike ride should give you some motivation. If you're anything like me, know that I used to be able to do something and now I can't.... I don't take that well.

40 lbs! That's awesome man! Keep it up. Now that you've come this far I did want to mention that there will be a time sooner or later when you plateau and your weight will level off for a bit. Don't get discouraged if it happens. It's just what your body does. It has gotten used to the lower calorie intake and so the weight comes off slower. That is the point a lot of people reach and give up because they aren't seeing the results as fast as they once were. It will keep coming off though.

You're doing great man. Keep it up!
Im pretty sure ive reached the plateau, i was 245-250 for about a month, i changed up the routine a little and saw some progress. I started in December so i think ill be close to my goal by the end of the year
Old 07-12-2014, 05:38 AM   #80
-45. Also -8 pants sizes