1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TacomaWorld weight loss thread!!

Discussion in 'Health' started by futuretacoowner, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Jul 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    Someone had suggested that we start a weight loss thread, so this is it.

This is the place to share your progress in your strive to become healthier and look better too. Most of us could probably lose a little weight. The trouble is losing weight sucks!! Maybe with the help of fellow TWers we can all get the body that we have dreamed of. Maybe you only need to lose 5lbs or maybe it's closer to 50lbs Let's join in together and help each other out.

Post your goals, progress, and tips you may have to lose weight. Post any workouts and recipes that you enjoy. This is the place within our awesome forum to get you to finally achieve your weight loss goals.

Please refrain from any slander, making fun of, or trolling anybody within this thread. Keep this place judgement free, and support your fellow TWers. Also mods if you don't like this thread or think its out of order please PM me and delete.

2. Jul 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    02sr5trd

02sr5trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5 TRD OFF ROAD 4x4
    Deckplate Mod, AFE Pro Dry filter, Xcelerator 14'' muffler, AAL, 5100's @2.5, Kenwood DD HU, Alpine speakers.
    Try the myfitnesspal app. I used this and was losing 5lbs a week. I lost over 50 lbs. of course I love to eat too much and I gained it all back. I need to he back at it and loose a few again. Good luck.

3. Jul 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    futuretacoowner

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    I downloaded it, it's an awesome app. Nice work losing over 50lbs!! I hear ya on loving food too much there is a reason I went to culinary school.

here is a thread I had started earlier with my progress, not much right now but it will come http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/body-builds/284078-futures-body-build.html

4. Jul 18, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
    6'7" 280lbs, 36" inseam and 28 years old. Heaviest was 305. Changed from a sedentary job in 2007 working 10 hours a day to a physical job working 10 hours a day without a change to my then "fast food diet," and even though I was driving 70% of the day I dropped to 235lbs within a year. First time at that weight since I was a teenager. Had an injury on job and was out of work for a year and a half. Gained back the weight, and last October I blew something in my back while working in a customer's basement. 5 months of rehab on it but it's a permanent injury so the weight loss is more important now than ever. My dad is 6'4" and 350 lbs, been a big guy his whole life and has had 2 broken backs. Don't want to end up in his shoes, ever!

Found out I was much more happy at that weight (235) and would like to be around 220, all told. I have a giant frame, which helps distribute my poundage well, but as I'm getting older I notice myself slowing down and getting aches I shouldn't have.

Always been big. Between 5th and 6th grade (3 months of summer break) I grew a full foot of height to 6'2" and was 6'4" in 8th grade, and started blowing through full adult shoe sizes every 4 weeks. Stopped growing my junior year of HS at 6'7" and 240 lbs with a size 16 shoe. 10 lbs at birth. My mom (5'4") was 10 lb 6 oz at birth, we grow them big. :D

Thanks for the thread OP! Support is good, and hope to get my act together and use this as an aid to drop some weight and add some health and fitness. I love the outdoors, and want to be a healthier person (eating habits, lifestyle, weight, etc,.) before our first child, so I can set a positive example from the beginning.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  5. Jul 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    futuretacoowner

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    Welcome TailDrag, hope you enjoy the thread. broken backs are not good, One of the reasons I am losing weight is to protect my back. I am sure you will be able to reach your goal.

6. Jul 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dude no joke on that. I hope you never find out how much back injuries suck. I was in bed for 2 weeks before I could even move or rotate, and used a walker after that for a month before I could take the smallest of steps on my own. Thankfully I could shower and shit without help, but that was about all I could do unassisted.

27 and using a walker is no good, spent my 28th birthday sitting upright on the couch for an hour with family, then went back to bed. Do whatever you can to prevent back injury.

Mine popped when I was on my knees and I leaned forward to grab a pen off the floor that was no more than 18" away from me. Major spasm immediately, and 2 hours later I couldn't move my feet or lift my legs off of the floor board or gas/brake pedals in the work truck I was driving. Managed to make it back to our yard, took me 15 minutes to even get off of the driver seat. By that time I couldn't put weight on my feet whatsoever, and spent the next hour and a half holding myself up by the drivers seat and the door panel in the rain, waiting for my girlfriend and friend to get there to take me to the ER.

Serious shit, back injuries.

7. Jul 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    futuretacoowner

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    Wow that's awful. I hope you are doing fine now. I have already done some damage to my back when I was young(er) and stupid. I am going into a job of awkward and heavy lifting so I need to preserve my back as much as possible.

8. Jul 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    futuretacoowner

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    Also the more people that join in on the thread the better it will be. Just a hint to any lurkers :D

9. Jul 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM
    aidenhardcore

aidenhardcore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    boston,ma
    Vehicle:
    2017 trd off road
    None yet but soon all black.
    This is the best thread so far. It is always good to hear peoples stories and see what they have done.

Im gonna say i've been big my whole life. I always ate and never really cared that much. At 22, I was at my highest at 335 and I said I was done and needed to change. I was 46 pants and 4x shirts. I was huge lol. i started eating healthy and working out. I dropped down to 290 last sept. In jan of 2013, I got a trainer. I worked with him 3x a week and went to the gym 5x a week. Now 6 months later and I'm at my lowest at 244.0. I feel amazing, have more energy and just feel great. I wanna get to a solid 200lbs so I have 44lbs to go but I will get there and be happy. Right now I wear a 36/38 pants and 2x shirts even though the 2x are getting way to big now. I have never been able to lose the weight until now. Im about to be 25 and Im gonna get to my goal weight for sure.I work out 6 days a week and eat 5 healthy meals a day and gallons of water.

If I can finally lose this weight and be healthy then anyone can. Dont ever give up. Keep at your goal and you can do whatever you want. Thanks for this amazing thread and I hope you guys lose more weight:):)

10. Jul 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    futuretacoowner

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    Great words of encouragement!! good job so far and best of luck to come, with the dedication you have I am sure you will make it!!!

11. Jul 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    Good thread!
    I'm doing weight watchers and love it. I get to eat lots of the foods I like to eat, just it moderation. I've lost 5lbs so far and its been 2 weeks.

12. Jul 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    futuretacoowner

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    Good Job!!! how is weight watchers?? I've heard mixed reviews. It seemsto being working for you so keep it up!! It's all about moderation.

13. Jul 19, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    Old Crow

Old Crow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 unmodded
    I'm going to suggest reading a book called The Primal Blueprint. It's good reading with good information, even if you don't want to go the Paleo route. I can say unequivocally that it works for me.

14. Jul 19, 2013 at 7:15 AM
    ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    I'll get in on this one. I just need to go back on another deployment if I was still active. I came out of boot camp in 06, 21 yrs old, at 165lbs. Then I realized I could eat again without being hazed and puking it all up. I sat around 185lbs for a while in the Corps doing our regular PT. I went to Afghan and ate as much as I could for 7 months and worked out on top of all of our operations and was a ripped 170lbs. I have since gotten out of the PT habit, discharged, and I am at 210. I have been working on running and doing some other fat burning cardio, but it is so damn hot during the summer here I lose motivation fast.

As for back problems, I was infantry in the Marines. For a quick fun fact, at the current time I weighed about 180lbs. We went on a conditioning hike with all of our gear plus some. I ended up picking up some slack and carrying more crap than I wanted from other guys who were wet pu**y's. I thought to my self, "I wonder how much I weigh with all this stuff?" I got on a scale when we got back with everything I had carried for the last 11 miles and to my surprise I was 330lbs loaded down. That crap for 5 years will destroy the knees and back.

Let's get fit guys. Everyone push each other.

15. Jul 19, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    Swank

Swank Certified Mall Crawling Instructor

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Greenville NC
    Vehicle:
    SOLD/TOTALED
    Just got down to my goal to go skydiving, 230 lbs.Not stopping there either. Hoping to hit around 200 if not less.

16. Jul 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    Mainmoe02

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    Yeah, I was very sceptical at first. After trying it once before I knew it worked. I have a hard time with moderation, I want to eat till I'm FULL! But with WW you have accountability and it makes you (without realizing) eat less but your still full. I used to be a boxer, so making weight and staying at a good walk around weight has always been easy for me. But going from 152lbs fighting weight all the way to 225lbs is not very healthy, lots late night eating and going strait to bed. All my habits as a boxer were good for the most part, but there were some unhealthy ones like, starving my self to make weight, or dropping 15lbs of water weight in one day, or even using crash diets. Now that I don't have to do any of that I've found myself just eating.

Weight watchers has shown me I can eat the food I enjoy and still lose weight. But like you said, moderation is key. If stuffing yourself is your problem, then I would definitely try WW.

17. Jul 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    JB64

JB64 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Kansas City area
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 SR5 DCSB 4WD
    After being inspired by a couple of guys at work I decided to loose some weight. Before I started to diet I was 195 lbs, 39" waist and wore large to extra large shirts. In four months I lost 50 lbs went to a 32" waist and medium shirt size. I cut most of the sugar and a lot of the carbohydrates out of my daily diet. I am now exercising at the gym 4 nights a week, elliptical for 40 minutes and do 10 weight stations. I feel so much better now and would encourage anyone considering loosing weight to give it a shot, you won't be sorry.

18. Jul 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    machineman89

machineman89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    San Leandro
    Vehicle:
    overlanding limo in progress :-P
    Weather tech floor mats, fog light any time mod, derped front embelem, Pelfretbilt 3 hoop plate bumper, 10k warn xeon winch-s some leds, pelfreybilt roof rack, scs stealth series rims, wrangler authority tires, BAMF 96" bolt on sliders, BAMF dif skid, some dirt....
    was jus about 285 january of this year, got a trainer and gym membership. eat smaller meals mostly, excluding dinner with parents hopefully once a week, drinkin lots of water, no soda, lot less sugar intake drink wise and way better food in total. until i blew my knee out 3 weeks a go i was at 243.... come on 200, iam 24 and 6' 1"............ feels good to fit my high school clothes again.... and acually be my drivers license weight LOL tonight was my first attempt of doing sumthing to burn calories and not hurt my recovering knee, moutain biking!!....i have a ways to go before iam any good at that too, one step at a time:D

19. Jul 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    Mainmoe02

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    Congrats to both of you guys!!! It is a slow process but stay with it, Mentally and physically. Keep your goals in mind and know that you can do it!

Im in the same boat, Ive got around 40lbs to lose to be at a good solid weight for my body type.

Yall Keep going STRONG!!!

20. Sep 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    futuretacoowner

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    Alright guys hows everyone doing? I had a heck of a time getting back into a healthy lifestyle, and I will admit it still isn't perfect. However 3 days ago I decided to get back into it past 2 days I have walked between 10-12km today I walked 4km and had an extremely good workout on the beach at the lake my mom lives at. they have outdoor gym equipment there and I incorporated other things in my workout as well, went from 248.5 lbs to 243 lbs in 2 days. Averaging a 2000 calorie intake per day tracked my my fitness pal. Also taking a multivitamin and vitamin C about 1-2 hours before workout. After a workout I have promasil protein powder with milk, assorted fruit, and vegetables blended into a smoothie.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top