Notices

Getting my headaches fixed finally!

Old 09-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #21
seanboy is on a distinguished road
seanboy's Tacoma Gallery
hoping for a speedy recovery!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #22
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I got the staples out on thursday. Still hurts like hell the incision feels very tight and sensitive. Plus the fact my neck feels like a big knot that wont unwind. Heating pads and valium seems to help a little there but only short term.
All in all they said i am healing up very well and am on a good road to recovery. I go for follow up mri in a couple weeks then a follow up consultation with the surgeon to discuss the mri results. If everything went as planned i should be back to a "normal" routine (limitations of course) within a couple months, with full recovery within a year.
Attached Thumbnails
Getting my headaches fixed finally!-uploadfromtaptalk1380380376202.jpg  
Old 09-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #23
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck, I really hope it works for you...but if it doesn't...

By any chance are you a smoker?

I smoked about a pack a day for 29 years (Pall Mall reds) and always got one or two headaches a week. When I finally decided to quit, my headaches quit IMMEDIATELY, I haven't had a headache in almost 30 years!

Wish to hell I'd known they were associated 50+ years ago...

Again...best wishes.

;->
Old 09-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw this. Hope you are recovering and feeling better.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #25
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Going to get an MRI for the same thing when medical makes my appt. Hope recovery goes well man!
Just saw this post. If you have what i have and opt for surgery let me know. Ill help out in any way i can with info and what to prepare for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitster View Post
Good luck, I really hope it works for you...but if it doesn't...

By any chance are you a smoker?

I smoked about a pack a day for 29 years (Pall Mall reds) and always got one or two headaches a week. When I finally decided to quit, my headaches quit IMMEDIATELY, I haven't had a headache in almost 30 years!

Wish to hell I'd known they were associated 50+ years ago...

Again...best wishes.

;->
Nope no smoking. Never cared for smoking or drinking. My dad was a smoker and my step dad was an alcoholic. Probably thats what turned me away from both. My addiction is caffeine.

Thanks again for the well wishes everyone but ive found out that even though i have hundreds of hours of sick leave, because im not working from my surgery i am now on unpaid leave (fed). The only way i can hope to get paid eventually is to show up and work my normal shifts. I was planning on being out through next week to help in my recovery. The icing on the cake: medical bills will be rolling in real soon.

Looks like ill be going to work tomorrow. Wish me luck guys.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
Look away, I'm hideous!

Three week update:
Neck is still pretty sore and I have very limited movement, but its slowly getting better. My side to side movement is better than vertical movement, which the doc said would be the case. I believe he said the vertical stretches the muscle more, causing more pain. One of my co-workers had one of those foam type neck brace things and brought it in for me to try at work to help me keep some of the weight off my neck since I can't lean back in my chair to rest my head on it. It helps a lot.

The incisions seem to be healing well, at least my wife said they look ok. The curved incision is very tender and the skin feels tight around it. I guess maybe that is because there isn't anything under there except the skull and if they did a graft there, they would have had to tighten it up to get it sealed back up

Unfortunately due to the shutdown I'm still working. Everyone at work has been extremely supportive and offer to help me in any way I can. I do computer work so if I get assigned to work on anything heavier than 10lbs there is always someone to do the lifting for me and I do the light work. I hate feeling like a burden though. I know they don't see me that way, but that's how I feel. Same way at home. I can't even lift my (almost) two year old into and out of his crib. My wife and the in-laws have been helping a lot and I try to help as much as I can, but I get tired easily and have to sit down and rest my head a lot.

I have a follow up MRI and appointment scheduled with my neurosurgeon on the 16th. Hopefully it'll be good news all around. I haven't felt the headaches which is a very good thing. I hope they are gone forever. My head/neck still hurt, but that's all from the surgery I think. I haven't tried my luck on a ladder to test my vertigo, but I have a feeling that I'll never be comfortable in high places just because I have been that way for so long.

I'll update again after the dr appointment. Thanks for reading.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #27
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the update. Glad to see it is getting better every day, and that the headaches are gone! My wife is a physical therapist and I see some of her patients after surgery - it can take a long time but as long as you do what the doctors and therapists tell you, you will be okay. Apparently stretching exercises are very important when they start giving those to you, make sure you follow their directions.
Good luck with the rest of the recovery!