LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Weight Question

Old 09-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Weight Question

Ok, so I wasn't sure if I should just post this in the fitness question thread or not so I'm just making a new thread.

First of all, I'm doing a high rep, low weight workout. I just started back in the gym about 3 weeks ago after about a 6-7 month break. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 172lbs. That is the weight that I've been shooting for, for years. I'm normally around 155-160lbs. I have a little extra fat in my lower stomach that I would like to get rid of but I don't want to lose any weight. My question is, should I start doing some cardio after my workout to lean down or should I just wait and see if the workout leans me down on its own, being a high rep workout? I'm taking a pre-workout mix before and a protein shake immediately afterwards. I don't have any clue about nutrition and up until now never cared about my weight because I couldn't gain, no matter how hard I tried.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
whats your goal? get big and fit or just slim a little?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
Ok, so I wasn't sure if I should just post this in the fitness question thread or not so I'm just making a new thread.

First of all, I'm doing a high rep, low weight workout. I just started back in the gym about 3 weeks ago after about a 6-7 month break. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 172lbs. That is the weight that I've been shooting for, for years. I'm normally around 155-160lbs. I have a little extra fat in my lower stomach that I would like to get rid of but I don't want to lose any weight. My question is, should I start doing some cardio after my workout to lean down or should I just wait and see if the workout leans me down on its own, being a high rep workout? I'm taking a pre-workout mix before and a protein shake immediately afterwards. I don't have any clue about nutrition and up until now never cared about my weight because I couldn't gain, no matter how hard I tried.
If you are trying to gain, you are simply not getting enough cals, it's that simple. If you want to stay the same weight and lose fat, increase your protein and carb intake into the 200's for both, and lift heavy.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would like to get good muscle tone and fit. I'm not wanting to body build or anything like that. The high rep, low weight has been doing a pretty good job at that but I'm just wondering what to do about cardio. I was kind of thinking maybe run a mile twice a week. Nothing ridiculous, just enough to get rid of the extra fat in my stomach so that my ab workout's will show more progress than it is now. Oh and that is something else I forgot to add, I'm doing an ab workout twice a week.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
I would like to get good muscle tone and fit. I'm not wanting to body build or anything like that. The high rep, low weight has been doing a pretty good job at that but I'm just wondering what to do about cardio. I was kind of thinking maybe run a mile twice a week. Nothing ridiculous, just enough to get rid of the extra fat in my stomach so that my ab workout's will show more progress than it is now. Oh and that is something else I forgot to add, I'm doing an ab workout twice a week.
Correcting your nutrition plan will do more than cardio. You high rep low weight program is essentially cardio anyway. Abs are made in the kitchen.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Correcting your nutrition plan will do more than cardio. You high rep low weight program is essentially cardio anyway. Abs are made in the kitchen.
Ok cool. I had a suspicion that it was eventually going to come down to how I eat, I just wasn't sure how long I could get away with not doing it. I guess I've finally hit that point. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Is all about the kitchen......lots of lean meat, fruits, veggies and grains post workout should get you started. Also, stick to bodyweight training for high reps. They tend to lean people out and put muscle in all the right places. Don't pay attention to all the biceps/triceps training splits unless you want to be a bodybuilder.

Pushups, pullups, dips, rows, sprints and others for the legs and enjoy the fact that you blasted every muscle head to toe.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
Hellfire is on a distinguished road

Hellfire's Tacoma Gallery
I you want to get in good physical condition and get a little tone. INSANITY. You can drop the gym, great cardio, great series.