1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have a vasectomy?

Discussion in 'Health' started by mdcmn7, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Nov 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    had mine done about 25 years ago no problem just make sure you don't want any more rugrats

2. Nov 22, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    mdcmn7

mdcmn7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    Well, I am now sitting on my couch with a pack of frozen peas on my sack. Vasectomy is done and I must say it wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. You guys were right, anticipation was worse than the actual procedure.

Hopefully a weekend of taking it easy and I will be back to normal

3. Nov 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    nastyneight

nastyneight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Wilmington NC
    Vehicle:
    08 4DR S-Bed
    White Truck
    I had one no problem. Things changed in life and wife wanted another had it reversed. Now that's pain. i would rather get shot by a gun then go thru that again. I was awake for most of it, just on a lot of drugs, think i passed out when looked and saw a man jewel hanging out. needless to say if get a vas make sure you want no more kids.

4. Nov 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    Bobcape

Bobcape Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Black Hills, SD
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR-5
    I had a very similar experience. My regular GP doc said he was trained and would be glad to snip me in office. Did it on a Wednesday. Took it easy the rest of the day and back to work Thursday. Lots of pain and swelling by the afternoon. Toughed it out overnight with ice. Started for work on Friday. Changed my mind. Called the doc's office. He doesn't work Fridays anymore. Nurse said to keep icing them. My wife came home at lunch. Said the left one was grapefruit size and very dark, almost black, in color. Decided a trip to the ER was a worthy investment! I stood up for the first time! Ripping pain once gravity kicked in. I crumpled. She and a neighbor got me in the car. I rode a gurney into the ER. 8 days in the hospital. The first day in ICU. The black sack and grapefruit sized nads had 'em worried!

My GP visited me on Monday while the hospital urologist was in my room. The urologist treated the GP like a dog that just stole his steak! Urologist explained how rare it was to get an infection inside of the vas deferins. I didn't feel lucky. Had to cut me again. General anesthesia this time. All better now and all functions work like originally issued!

My next door neighbor is a lawyer. He asked if I wanted to go after the GP. I said I didn't but wasn't looking forward to the hospital bills. He talked with the doc one day. I never got a bill for anything from the hospital!

Moral of the story - go to a doctor that specializes in cutting on your weiner! Should have no problems.

Bob

5. Nov 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    NSEARCH

NSEARCH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lakeside Ca.
    Kingcoilover 700lb springs / bypass King Shocks / Bypass All-Pro UCA All-Pro Rear Leaf Pack All-Pro flip kit Timbree bump stops .... Method Racing Wheels 16x8 Cooper S/T MAXX 285x75x16 body chop by "Pelfreybilt" extended Stainless brake lines front & rear's breather mod .... "Pelfreybilt" front plate bumper / warn winch with wireless remote / Rigid Industries Floods "Pelfreybilt" full set of skids "Pelfreybilt" Rear plate bumper / hidden hitch / Rigid lndustries Diffused All-Pro EX. Sliders .... Weatherguard tool chest Aluminum black powder coat "Pelfreybilt" Highlift Jack mounting bracket / Shovel & Axe bracket spare tire bed mount All-Pro EX. Bed Rack ARB air compresser
    Went in on a Thursday morning took Friday off & had Saturday & Sunday to just do nothing but lounge around .... With a bag of frozen peas, did everything I was told ....
    I knew from the minute he pulled & made the cut I was in trouble on my left side he pulled it way to far hurt like hell deep inside .... That Friday morning when I woke up I was in so much pain my nuts were black & blue felt like they had been slammed in the front door no lie... I had a hard time walking took me about two weeks before I had a half way normal day ... So good luck & I hope you get a Doc. That knows what the hell he is doing

6. Nov 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    mdcmn7

mdcmn7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    Wow, all the horror stories make me cringe. I am now a week post op and feel fine. A little bruising and that's really it. Sounds like I got lucky

I chose the doc based on some personal recommendations and the fact that they do the vas in the OR Aulthough I was totally awake

7. Nov 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    shackley

shackley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro MT Super White
    RCI rock sliders, Goodyear Ultraterrains 265/70/R16, BAK X2 tonneau
    10 years ago. Piece of cake.

8. Dec 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I refused to do it. Yep... I'm a fireman and I'm scared of having my nuts cut on I'll freely admit to it. I've heard (and seen... I'll get to that in a min) way too many bad stories. My wife ended up having one of her ovaries removed and then had her other tube tied because of compilations so that let me off the hook.

My best friend had his cut about 10 years ago and he said it was hell. He could feel them tugging on the tubes as they cut them. He said it felt as if those tubes were connected to the inside of his neck it hurt so bad. To make matters worse he came back to work and the first night he was back we had a fire. Our fire poles were 33' tall and as he hit the pole one of his nuts came out.... it came OUT... it came the MOTHERFUCK OUT!!!!!

After witnessing that traumatic event I vowed to never have my boys messed with if at all possible. They work just fine and I'd kind of like to keep it that way.

9. Dec 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM
    2006TRDSPORT

2006TRDSPORT 2006TRDSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Felton, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2004 4Runner SR5 4WD
    I had mine done 10 yrs or so ago & it was an easy outpatient surgery that did not hurt to bad, was simple & I was happy to get it done. I have had no issues since it was done so it was well worth it.

10. Dec 1, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    w00dy

w00dy Hey Now!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    North of the Wall
    Vehicle:
    03 dCab tURD
    BAMF kick out sliders, SkidRow skids,Pro Comp 7069, Kelly Safari TSR 285's, Elite front bumpa, OME 883 & Dakars w/ D6XL AAL, Nitro sport shocks, Eddie209 Soft topper, Satoshi, k&n fipk, Clarion vx400, Ultra Gauge, Debadgination mod
    I had it done 4 years ago. Zero issues. I think an ingrown toenail removal is 10x worse!

Congrats op for your piece of mind you now have and successful procedure!

11. Dec 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    W Bishop

W Bishop Stupid should be painful!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stone
    South Fulton Tn
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma 4X4 Reg Cab
    ToyTec coil over kit, Sliver Coils, Bilstein 5100 front & rear, Light Racing SPC UCA. Painted to match Coils, OEM Tacoma 4 leaf pack, Undercover, AFE Pro Dry air filter, Painted grill surround, FJ Cruiser Trail 17" wheels, Rubber bed mat, fog lights and sliders.
  12. Jan 28, 2014 at 1:15 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog

How the f**k was there no lawsuit over this?! Wow. My berries are hiding behind my liver & may never crawl back outside. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top