LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

My Brain is going to Explode!!

Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
Turduckin
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
My Brain is going to Explode!!

I don't know what happened to me.. I used to could drink a few beers and wake up the next day ready to run a 10K (Marathon would just be over the top).

Last night I drank all of about 3 IPA beers my wife picked up, one Vodka and Coffee (Great mixture if you've never tried it), and ate a rack of Ribs.. Woke up today feeling like I was hit by a truck!! Super Sinus death has riddled my body and I would greatly prefer to not be at work right now..

The only thing I can think of that may have been a contributing factor was the weird wood a bud brought over and kept tossing on the fire we had in the yard..

Nonetheless, I feel like a teenager that had his first night out with booze and is sporting the headache of a lifetime..

Ok, I may be exaggerating a wee bit on the severity of my condition.. But seriously, WTF is up with my head hurting from such a small amount of suds. . I used to bar hop quite often and drink all night long only to be able to do it again the next day with no regrets..

End rant, complaining, whatever - note to self, no more weird wood or random IPA for yours truly
Old 11-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
I don't know what happened to me.. I used to could drink a few beers and wake up the next day ready to run a 10K (Marathon would just be over the top).

Last night I drank all of about 3 IPA beers my wife picked up, one Vodka and Coffee (Great mixture if you've never tried it), and ate a rack of Ribs.. Woke up today feeling like I was hit by a truck!! Super Sinus death has riddled my body and I would greatly prefer to not be at work right now..

The only thing I can think of that may have been a contributing factor was the weird wood a bud brought over and kept tossing on the fire we had in the yard..

Nonetheless, I feel like a teenager that had his first night out with booze and is sporting the headache of a lifetime..

Ok, I may be exaggerating a wee bit on the severity of my condition.. But seriously, WTF is up with my head hurting from such a small amount of suds. . I used to bar hop quite often and drink all night long only to be able to do it again the next day with no regrets..

End rant, complaining, whatever - note to self, no more weird wood or random IPA for yours truly
Youre getting older? My hangovers are brutal now, and Im only 26. I used to drink a 24 and then get up the next day and start drinking at 8 in the morning. Now if I drink a 6 im hurting for a few days.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
Turduckin
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What a PIA, I'm only 32 and suffer like this from a few weird beers.. Of course, I did this on a work day and the super loud phone keeps ringing here.. I think someone came in last night and installed new - louder ringers LOL

Thank goodness for TW to help take the focus off my pounding brain
Old 11-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds to me your headache is more sinus related than alcohol
Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
Turduckin

^ It may be.. All I know is the Aleve hasn't started to handle this as fast as I had hoped..
Old 11-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Sounds to me your headache is more sinus related than alcohol
Since you brought it up ... that's what I was thinking. Did the "weird wood" make a lot of smoke; you might have irritated your sinuses if you breathed a lot of smoke. You might try flushing your sinuses with a Netipot (WalGreens carries them). I have to use mine whenever I catch a cold to keep it from becoming a sinus infection.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
Ham N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ham N Egger's Tacoma Gallery
Did you guys roll up and smoke the "weird wood"? I used to get the munchies from "weird wood."

Could the wood have something to do with Poison Ivy or Sumac of some sort?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think its the alcohol seems like you were already sick but didnt have any symptoms and you drinking might have triggered it
Old 11-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #9
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
i dont think its the alcohol seems like you were already sick but didnt have any symptoms and you drinking might have triggered it
... or this.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #10
Turduckin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham N Egger View Post
Did you guys roll up and smoke the "weird wood"? I used to get the munchies from "weird wood."

Hahaha, nope on the dope LOL

Could the wood have something to do with Poison Ivy or Sumac of some sort?
That I do not know for sure.. We burn a fire several times each week.. Usually I burn oak or pecan.. This was wood from the side of the road - haha maybe that's why it was on the side of the road in the first place..

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
Oh I hope I'm not getting sick/catching a cold.. Is that time of the year though..
Old 11-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. for me, its the beer, and the resulting hangover is almost entirely sinus related.

it started with Budweiser, so I switched to bud-light, then coors, then coors light, then Heineken, then becks (becks still works) . . . .

basically the only beers left that I trust are sierra Nevada, redhook ipa, and becks.

though It may not be safe, I have found Excedrin migrane popped about halfway through a drinking spree helps the next day. anti-inflammatory must help keep airways open and things draining properly after I go to bed.

long, steamy, and if I have time frequent showers throughout a hungover day helps to clear things up, along with lots of Gatorade if my face doesn't hurt so bad I throw up
Old 11-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have been trying to scientifically research this, I have also found that a humidifier in my room helps too so I don't dry out. along with drinking a glass of water or two before bed.

hydration is key, as sinuses are the first to get starved of water if your body is dehydrated. even if I drink one beer I follow up with water before bed.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
So glad i don't drink lol
Old 11-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #14
ONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
Just drink some water or club soda before hittin the sack

If you still feelin some pain the next morning drink some more
Old 11-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #15
drinking whats on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
So glad i don't drink lol
as I was typing my previous posts I and reading them back I was like,

"why the fuck do I even do this?"

such a pain in the ass right?

then I started reminiscing on some of my worst hangovers. . . being too embarrassed to call anyone but mom to bring me Gatorade and salteens because I havn't been able to stomach anything for the last 12 hrs.

absolutely needing to show up to work because it was Friday and all my tools were on site. .. .and I needed them to lift my taco that weekend. so miserable that for some reason I thought welding in the rain would make me feel better but I threw up on my co-worker's welding leads (they are mine now lol)

for some reason, apon remembering these, I started to smile
Old 11-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #16
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Hydration is what my friends say. Alcohal is a diuretic and reduced hydration causing even slight swelling on a cellular level in the brain causes the headaches.

Don't know if it's true or not but drinking water during alcohol consumption and taking an aspirin or two before bed always helps me.

Get this shit, I've got buds that hydrate via I.V. after serious party nights.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I get headaches sometimes from just being dehydrated without even drinking.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #18
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
as I was typing my previous posts I and reading them back I was like,

"why the fuck do I even do this?"

such a pain in the ass right?

then I started reminiscing on some of my worst hangovers. . . being too embarrassed to call anyone but mom to bring me Gatorade and salteens because I havn't been able to stomach anything for the last 12 hrs.

absolutely needing to show up to work because it was Friday and all my tools were on site. .. .and I needed them to lift my taco that weekend. so miserable that for some reason I thought welding in the rain would make me feel better but I threw up on my co-worker's welding leads (they are mine now lol)

for some reason, apon remembering these, I started to smile

This!

I didn't drink hard for a few years. The last couple weekends I have been catching up haha. The hangovers are way worse than I remember. But for some reason I can get up and laugh all day long while I feel like shit, throw up every 2 hrs and starve myself for 24 hrs. It's like a reset. Then my weekend is over and I haven't done anything productive yet. Haha oh well, there's always next weekend. The cycle continues.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #19
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
This!

I didn't drink hard for a few years. The last couple weekends I have been catching up haha. The hangovers are way worse than I remember. But for some reason I can get up and laugh all day long while I feel like shit, throw up every 2 hrs and starve myself for 24 hrs. It's like a reset. Then my weekend is over and I haven't done anything productive yet. Haha oh well, there's always next weekend. The cycle continues.
This is why I slowed way down on drinking. Back when I worked weekends I would party hard whenever and go to work hungover. I would just feel like shit and go home and go bed. Now I dont wanna waste half the weekend laying around.