Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

stroke victim refusing hospital

Old 11-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #21
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
My grandpa is like that. A few months ago he fell and was on the floor for like a few days and when the neighbor checked on him while on the floor he yelled he was fine.

Its (more or less) legal to get him the health care he needs against his will, only if he is not making any sense...as in he has lost his mind. Then someone else will have to take the durable power of will or what ever its called....
Old 11-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #22
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
My grandpa is like that. A few months ago he fell and was on the floor for like a few days and when the neighbor checked on him while on the floor he yelled he was fine.

Its (more or less) legal to get him the health care he needs against his will, only if he is not making any sense...as in he has lost his mind. Then someone else will have to take the durable power of will or what ever its called....
Power of Attorney

This has to be 'in writing' legally and done ahead of time. My husband has Power of Attorney for his Mom. She's not even close to needing it yet....

The medical community can only do 'so much' testing to determine metal stability. It's not something you can take an MRI or blood work to test for it and truly impossible to predict. That is why the family/friends - whom know the person and spend their time with him/her - truly know in their hearts if there is a serious problem or not. They need to show concerns to the medical community that help is needed. Better safe than sorry.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Power of Attorney

This has to be 'in writing' legally and done ahead of time. My husband has Power of Attorney for his Mom. She's not even close to needing it yet....

The medical community can only do 'so much' testing to determine metal stability. It's not something you can take an MRI or blood work to test for it and truly impossible to predict. That is why the family/friends - whom know the person and spend their time with him/her - truly know in their hearts if there is a serious problem or not. They need to show concerns to the medical community that help is needed. Better safe than sorry.
Exactly. Went through it with my father in law having (among other things) Alzheimers for the past 4 years. The only good part is he had written up POA a while before it really grabbed him, and it was my sister in law who lives with him. Had we not had that I shudder to think what would have been when he got in his headstrong moods and didn't want to go to the doctor, dialysis, whatever else..