1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

deviated septum surgery

Discussion in 'Health' started by anotherreject, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Jan 11, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    anotherreject

anotherreject [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Might be getting this done, ive got all the symptoms, except my headaches, nosebleeds and snoring have got 10x worse lately. I dont like doctors or hospitals (not scared of them just the experience i have with them make me think they are pompous asshats) i typically just pop some excedrine and go about my day.
    Any body have stories to share that have had this done?

2. Apr 30, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    RocktheRed

RocktheRed Guest

I had this done about 3 years ago but mainly because I broke my nose too and it couldn't be set back to where it was...I found out I also had a deviated septum and life is good!

3. Jun 25, 2014 at 6:16 AM
    Colt562

Colt562 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13' TRD Sport 4x4
    Icon Stage 3 Lift Kit...Dakars
    I had the surgery and it did nothing for me and was the worst experience. I was done and out for about a week. I was super uncomfortable because they stuff your nose for that week.

4. Jan 13, 2015 at 2:57 PM
    The Driver

The Driver Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Lakewood (Green Mountain), CO.
    Vehicle:
    '02 Extra cab 4X4 TRD SR5 3.4
    Aftermarket tranny cooler, 5100 Series Bilsteins, ToyTec Bilstein front coilovers, SPC UCA's, Alcan leafs, Class 3 Hitch, Tundra Front Brakes,
    I had it done in August. I wish I had done it a lot sooner! I sleep better, and eat less as I'm not hungry all the time. Sleepiness, makes you hungry.

I dropped close to 15 lbs, and I'm in a better mood. Work performance has improved dramatically, so has trail running (due to better breathing).

I did my homework picking the best surgeon my insurance would approve, I'm glad I did. BTW, it took a week before the post op pain became tolerable, though I'm not big on meds and only took about 25% of the prescribed novocane.

5. Jan 21, 2015 at 7:41 PM
    68vert

68vert Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    After years of martial arts and grappling I finally caved in and had my nose fixed. It was so bad I could hardly breath through my nose. It had been broken fairly bad with a piece of bone obstructing the air way, deviated septum, tissue needed to be trimmed back.

I'll never forget the day when the doctor pulled the stints out. Its like a rush of cold air being shot up my nasal passage. Afterwards, I kept taking deep breaths through my nose because its so exhilarating.

The recovery blows big time. IMO Its way less painful to have my nose broken than the surgery recovery. The stints were in my nose for around 1 week. Sneezing is the worst. I slept in a recliner that whole time. It was so aggravating to have those plastic stints plug up my nose, I swore I would never engage in any form of fighting again. Havent trained since. My wife touches my nose sometimes cause she thinks its cute but it so traumatizing, I get all angry.

Was it worth it, heck yeah. I can breath through my nose again. Any regrets? Yes for releasing my anger by fighting instead of learning to cope with it and expressing it through rational means of communication.

Products Discussed in

To Top