1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What kind of protein powder

Discussion in 'Health' started by DBTaco, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Feb 5, 2014 at 6:30 PM
    DBTaco

DBTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4x4 TRD off road
    A couple months ago I weighed about 165. I'm about 5'7 and I wasn't fat I just saw where I needed to weigh about 150-155 I think that's right. So I've watched what I ate and cut back so I'm down to about 155-157 now. I've been doing push ups and crunches/sit ups every other day. I've got a little ways to go for my abs but will continue to work on those. I'm medium build but I think I've got some stocky shoulders and traps. I'm wanting to get a little bigger shoulders, bigger biceps, and triceps and my chest too. I took muscle milk last year but I thought I gained weight with that, so I'm wondering if there is a better protein powder that I can take instead of muscle milk. If muscle milk is ok I will take that bc it did have a good taste. I may not go to the gym, I've got two 30 lb dumbbells that I'm curling and I'm trying to figure out what to lay on in order to do some chest butterflies. My brother suggested that I could use the same dumbbells and do some lunges for my legs.

2. Feb 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
  3. Feb 5, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    jro1

jro1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jesse
    Red Deer AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD sport
    Driver
    Powders are full of shit, literally, Go whole foods and work out!

4. Feb 5, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    DBTaco

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4x4 TRD off road
    Like chicken, beef, deer ok?, fish. Black beans I think I've read, eggs(just the whites). What else?

5. Feb 8, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    jro1

jro1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jesse
    Red Deer AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD sport
    Driver
    I like to think back to the foods my grandparents would have ate, Basic garden veggies, most meats, all fruits, etc. just stay away from the supplements!

6. Feb 8, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    swalters

swalters Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Apache Junction, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tundra SR5 4x4 V8
    Brute Force Fab front bumper, 5100s, 35" Toyo RTs on Icon Six Speeds
    Dymatize elite is a good protein that's nice and lean for you. Tastes pretty good too. I agree on eating whole healthy foods. But it won't hurt to get a good protein in there too.

7. Feb 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex

8. Feb 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM
    Zenquest

Zenquest Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport
    Muscle Pharm Combat Powder

Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex is also a solid choice and was my goto until I found Muscle Pharm. The main difference between the two is MP contains casein protein which is absorbed slower and helps block the breakdown of protein. The end result is that your muscles absorb more nutrients and get bigger faster than when taking just whey protein.

Also, try to use shakes post workout and as meal replacements when you're in a bind. Don't use them as your main source of protein. Stick to clean meats, veggies and complex carbs. Im a big fan of sweet potatoes and brown rice for carb choices.

9. Feb 19, 2014 at 8:29 AM
    DBTaco

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4x4 TRD off road
    I bought some Optimum nutrition Gold standard the other weekend. I've been taking it after I workout then about an hour or two I go to bed. I haven't gotten my bullet blender out yet but I've been stirring it with a spoon or fork and it wants to stick to it. It doesn't fully mix but isn't bad to drink like that.

10. Feb 19, 2014 at 8:40 AM
    whisk3ythrottle

whisk3ythrottle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB sport 4x4
    Front windows matched tint, weathertech front husky rear mats, K & N CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Authorities, fog light anytime, 5100s up front set at 1.75" on stock coils,
    Chicken, broccoli, and rice has always been a good combination for body building. You can't eat that every night, but thats just a good example of a lean meal.

When it comes to protein, I have used Muscle Pharm before and its pretty good, but I really like GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Protein ( it sounds complicated but its just 60g of protein per serving). I do 1.5 scoops before and 1.5 scoops after workout and have seen great results. You can only take in so much protein at a time so thats why you have to divide it out. Not sure if your close to a GNC, but they are pretty helpful when it comes to choosing the right protein for your physique.

11. Mar 13, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    808leo

808leo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kapolei, Oahu
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 super white dcsb 4wd
    5100 max setting, 285/70/17 ko2, FN 6 shooter, Subaru/kicker tweeters, JBL BassPro sub, nfabs, LED lights exterior/interior.
    I just go to Costco and pick up the big bag of protein powder from cytosport (no not muscle milk). Weekdays I mix 2 scoops with 1/2 banana, 1 tablespoon peanut butter and blend it with water and ice. Pre and post workouts are 1.5 scoops as well. Everyone is different but for me I've been able to lean out and put solid muscle on without sacrificing strength in the gym.

12. Mar 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM
    Robmonster117

Robmonster117 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Gilroy
    Vehicle:
    02 ext. cab 4x4
    Truck parts
    Everyone is different in their diets you have to find what works. For me I have a super fast metabolism so I tend to eat lean, but I eat a lot. I have a high protein/ high calorie mass gainer that I use but I work out a lot more now that I'm using that.

Products Discussed in

To Top