1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My wife wants to lose some weight. I need help

Discussion in 'Health' started by DBTaco, Feb 20, 2014.

1. May 28, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    Guerrilla

Guerrilla L(.)(.)K@G(.)(.)Dz

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    *Losing.

First things first, I didn't say anything about your "actual advice" being wrong. I'd agree if you cut caloric intake, eventually you will drop some pounds, if you're not carefull and do it right tho, you'll drop muscle too. But I would do it by eating clean and not junk food etc. And yes weights, see some of my prior posts, I mentioned that.

The site thing. Maybe he feels comfortable posting questions here, there's many different categories on here in the off topic section. And I'm not really familiar with reddit, but I didn't think it was a site just for weight loss. But if it helped you good, maybe he can find some help too. Whatever helps people get where they wana be is good for me. As for me, over the years I've put a lot of time into learning about fitness related things and training a lot. I'm 5'7" 175 and stay about 6% body fat year round sometimes less. But I have my spells like everybody, when I'm not as in shape as I was months before etc. Personal trainers, Doctors, and Surgeons etc come up to me, apparently because they think I'm in decent shape and ask for pointers or advice on getting into better shape. I feel like I have some decent advice to give to "try" to help people, but I don't know everything. Neither do Doctors etc.

The supplements/pills I mentioned are some of the top ones, concerning the topic. Maybe you should look them up. There's definetly no magic pill. Nothing will substitute proper training, food intake, sticking with it, when it comes to getting your body where you want it.

There's a lot to try and learn about fitness, be it bodybuilding, losing weight or whatever. What works for one might not the other.

2. May 28, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    5280Transplant

5280Transplant Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    NoVA by way of CO
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport SR5 Rad Red

I think I should clear this up, I wasn't talking about your posts being junk science, I wasn't talking about supplements being magic pills. I actually take fish oil, I don't take burners, but I used to take pre workout and protein. I don't consider those magic pills because you still have to work to get benefits.

Like I said in my original post, losing weight does not necessarily mean you are healthy. I think a nutritionist is a great option if you can afford it, I can't, so I turn to the collective knowledge of an entire forum on reddit dedicated to loosing weight. That is why I mentioned it. There are actually several dietary professionals that post there often.

It's an emotion subject for anyone who has been fat before, myself included. I definitely understand how OP's wife feels. All I wanted to do is help OP avoid some of the things I know won't help. Keeping morale is 99% of weight loss (in my experience) I would be upset if she followed someone's advice and gave up when it failed her, that is why I felt compelled to respond.

I'll leave it at that because this thread was meant to help, not settle stupid squabbles.

3. May 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    taco47001

taco47001 Newborn

Member:
    Aurora, IN
    Vehicle:
    LX470
    Do a bit of research on "Advocare" My wife is a sales rep and it's a great product. I actually did the 24 day challenge and while it's challenging, sticking with the plan pays dividends. I lost 16lbs and 4% body fat in 24 days. The first col days are torture mainly because of portion control and diet change but well worth it and it helps you transition to a healthier diet all together. Check it out man. If you're interested, my wife can get you a killer deal on the stuff too.

Edit: I increased my physical activity and workouts at the start of the challenge as well. It's true, there is no magic pill. It's all about diet and excercise.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  4. May 28, 2014 at 6:26 PM
    rademan11

rademan11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    4X4 trd off road
    Ranch Topper, Bull Bar.....Yes, I know everyone thinks they are crap, I like the look
    Give her a bowl of ice cream and you won't have to listen to her for a little while.
    Lotto ticket will also shut my wife up for a little while......bingo lotto ticket are the best.

Products Discussed in

To Top