Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

2014 CrossFit Games Open Scores

Old 02-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #1
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
2014 CrossFit Games Open Scores

This thread will be used to keep track of anyone on TW competing in the 2014 CrossFit Open. Scoring will be open until each week's respective Monday at 5:00 PM Pacific Time, just like CrossFit HQ. I am going to just keep coming back and editing my original post for each new Open score. Here is the format: (note that you don't have to use your full name if you don't want to.)

Name: Joshua Peabody
Affiliate: CrossFit Legit
Athlete Profile: http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/270265

WOD: 14.1
Score: 294
RX: Yes

WOD: 14.2
Score: 126

WOD: 14.3
Score: 130

WOD: 14.4
Score: 180

WOD: 14.5
Score: 20:23
Old 02-28-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
Name: Jordan Smith
Affiliate: Revamp Crossfit
Score: Will Find Out Tomorrow
RX: 288 First Try & 307 Second Try
Athlete Profile: http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/127009

lets get some more open competitors in here!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
Savior of the Universe
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
Name: Mike Pawlus
Affiliate: Crossfit Tomahawk (finally named! WHOOO!!)
Score: 2 rounds at 175 each round
Athlete Profile: I'm too cheap to pay for the Open

well, i feel like shit. finally getting the DUs strung together. i had plenty of energy but kept holding my breath during the DUs and that caused me to start sucking wind. that and my fat ass is out of shape.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Name: James Hollibaugh
Affiliate: CrossFit Arvada
Score: 262
Athlete Profile: http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/185576

WOD: 14.2
Score: 116

Score: 117
Old 02-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #5
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Name: Felipe Reyes
Affiliate: crossfit Iron Mile
Wod: 14.1
Score:219
RX: yes
Old 02-28-2014, 08:51 PM   #6
goonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoonsquad08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Landon
goonsquad08's Tacoma Gallery
Name: Landon Weber
Affiliate: Crossfit West Ames
Score: 270 reps
Athlete Profile: Haven't registered for the open yet.

Did it at 5:30 AM today, mellow country was playing, 4 hours of sleep. Tested the waters Will hit it again Monday for real.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #7
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ Same boat. I had my second baby last night so I was running on little sleep, not enough food and or water. Will deff try it again on Monday and submit my score.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
mtnmedic is on a distinguished road
mtnmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Name: Joshua Lane
Affiliate: Crossfit Cuspis
Score: 346
Athlete Profile: http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/3000

Ill be doing this again with a different pacing scheme, pretty sure I can get a few more reps.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ended up at 288 with a broken rope think im gona try it again tomorrow id like another round
Old 03-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #10
Toy taco
bluesteel731 will become famous soon enough
bluesteel731's Tacoma Gallery
Name: Ash Ip
Affiliate: Crossfit Renegade

Score: 180 reps

WOD:14.2
Score: 77 reps

Score: 92 reps
tie break 6:44
RX: yup

WOD: 14.4
Score: 164
tie break: NA
RX: Yup

WOD: 14.5
Time: 22:24
RX: Yup
Athlete Profile: http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/261605
Old 03-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #11
Jordemo805@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel731 View Post
Name: Ash Ip
Affiliate: Crossfit Renegade
Score: 180 reps
Athlete Profile: http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/261605

Way too fast out of the starting gate and muscle snatched it unbroken first round and burned out my arms. lesson learned.
thats how i felt too haha i did it early yesterday and I'm usually not a morning workout person so gona try again tonight, blew my shins up doing it yesterday since i have really bad shin splints so hoping they don't hurt to bad tonight :/
Old 03-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #12
Toy taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanSmith127 View Post
thats how i felt too haha i did it early yesterday and I'm usually not a morning workout person so gona try again tonight, blew my shins up doing it yesterday since i have really bad shin splints so hoping they don't hurt to bad tonight :/
I'd be happy with 288
Old 03-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #13
Jordemo805@yahoo.com

re did it with a 308 kinda bummed cuz i couldn't see the clock i felt like i took it kinda easy wish i would have had someone there to tell me to get to the next set of DU for an easy 30 reps coulda bumped me up to 345 oh well...twice in one weekends enough for me not doing it again my back hates me from all these poor form muscle snatches lol
Old 03-03-2014, 12:34 AM   #14
Savior of the Universe
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
re did it with a 308 kinda bummed cuz i couldn't see the clock i felt like i took it kinda easy wish i would have had someone there to tell me to get to the next set of DU for an easy 30 reps coulda bumped me up to 345 oh well...twice in one weekends enough for me not doing it again my back hates me from all these poor form muscle snatches lol
my calves are screaming from being on my toes through the onslaught of snatches/dus. back surprisingly isn't too tired.

just a comparison though...
As of 12 p.m. PT, it's last year's CrossFit Games champ, Sam Briggs, with 472 reps. That's who.
http://youtu.be/K5TaeIBTZNg
Old 03-03-2014, 05:27 AM   #15
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Name: Jordan Smith
Affiliate: Revamp Crossfit
Score: Will Find Out Tomorrow
RX: 288 First Try & 307 Second Try
Athlete Profile: http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/127009

lets get some more open competitors in here!
That's a big improvement! Great work man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
Name: Joshua Lane
Affiliate: Crossfit Cuspis
Score: 346
Athlete Profile: http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/3000

Ill be doing this again with a different pacing scheme, pretty sure I can get a few more reps.
Nice!! Awesome score!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #16
Toy taco
I wish I was at a better level metabolic condition to keep up with you guys
Old 03-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #17
Savior of the Universe

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel731 View Post
I wish I was at a better level metabolic condition to keep up with you guys
you've recognized a shortcoming, so now you can work on it. spend a little extra time before/after a wod working on a skill/area that you are weak in. a lot of the people i've started coaching wonder why they don't advance as quickly as others and it boils down to 2 things usually: diet/drinking habits or extra time spent practicing a skill (whether it be dus/oly lifting/mus/whatever) .
Old 03-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #18

Did it again just before the deadline and got a better score but not one that I'm proud of... 257.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #19
Toy taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipawlus View Post
you've recognized a shortcoming, so now you can work on it. spend a little extra time before/after a wod working on a skill/area that you are weak in. a lot of the people i've started coaching wonder why they don't advance as quickly as others and it boils down to 2 things usually: diet/drinking habits or extra time spent practicing a skill (whether it be dus/oly lifting/mus/whatever) .
I eat pretty clean and don't drink like I use to.. once every 2-3 weeks and it'll be 2-3 glasses, usually scotch or wine. A definite reason for a low score was going way hard and fast right off the clock. My weaknesses are ring muscle ups and HSPU. Bar muscle ups I can do but rings

I could do DUs for the life of me for the first 3 months of CF so I'd arrive early and go 15mins practice and cash out at the end with 15mins.

Forgot to mention I had a 6 week absent from December to mid January only doing olys and no metcons.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #20

Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
Did it again just before the deadline and got a better score but not one that I'm proud of... 257.
Nothing to be ashamed of with that score! My first go-round I scored 252, and it left me on the floor!