Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Anyone taking Nexium - huge price markup ?

Old 03-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
MARANATHA !!!
TheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheGrayRider's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone taking Nexium - huge price markup ?

I was wondering if anyone is taking or has taken Nexium

I just went to get a refill and it was $700 for 90 pills

With my insurance and a nexium discount it's still over $550 for 90 pills

That's $400 more than my last refill that was in Dec of 2013

Anyone else dealing with this ?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Your formulary probably changed with the new year or you have a high deductible
Old 03-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Thank the prez and his wonderful healthcare "reform."

You are now paying for your script and 2 people who don't works prescription.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
MARANATHA !!!
TheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheGrayRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Your formulary probably changed with the new year or you have a high deductible
So my insurance doesn't want to pay for the Nexium anymore so they just change the list to the cheaper generic ?

It has been suggested I try a generic which I have already have ...

Omeprazole (Prilosec) doesn't work like Nexium for me

Not going to chew chalk - tums, rolaids
Old 03-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrayRider View Post
So my insurance doesn't want to pay for the Nexium anymore so they just change the list to the cheaper generic ?

It has been suggested I try a generic which I have already have ...

Omeprazole (Prilosec) doesn't work like Nexium for me

Not going to chew chalk - tums, rolaids
You forget that the insurance company knows how to treat you better than your doctor. it is the American way now.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #6
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nexium has no Generic
Call the insurance see if they can knowck it down a tier with a "Prior Auth", if so have the pharmacy fax the dr for it.
Contact the manufacurer tell them you cant afford it and they offer Manufacturer Crds that save a good amount, I get these at work all the time and they save a shit load on certain drugs