Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

How many steps do you take?

Old 03-27-2014, 03:40 AM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
How many steps do you take?

I have recently been monitoring my steps each day. I was surprised how few I really made in the course of an average day. I now try and get in 10,000 steps a day. A lot of days I am on my feet most of the day but not actually making any steps.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post
I had a pedometer given to me by my employer years ago. I found it was unreliable and lost interest. But I do walk quite a bit in a day.
I have an omron. I have counted my steps many times and checked it with the readout it is always dead on.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #4
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Get a fitbit. Tracks all your steps and activity level, sleep, etc....

Sister gave it to me a year ago for Christmas. For the first year I just tracked my steps and never tried to get to my "goal" for the day. A couple of months ago, I started getting to my goal for the day, and then increased it. Up to 11k steps every day. Soon to increase to 12k
Old 04-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #5
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
I got a fitbit flex for christmas and have worn it everyday since. I get about 11K - 15K steps a day. My record is 22K steps. I am an IT Director and so I'm sitting most of the day. I either walk or go to the gym for an hour a day. I really like how the fitbit interfaces with myfitnesspal.