Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Powerlifting Chat

Old 04-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #21
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
No. Not because you only bench 180, but because you use a leg press. Squat below parallel or GTFO
this. the less machines the better, IMHO. ass to grass or at the minimum hit parallel

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
work on the big 3 is all you need to be a powerlifter, number is irrelevant
Old 04-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #22
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
No more squats for me at 42 years old. One bum knee always pops when I go low.....getting old sucks.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #24
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhodgman View Post
Which I did. When I was first learning my coach didn't tell us how he just said lift as heavy as we can get it and if we don't drop it or fall we aren't trying hard enough
i really hope he is fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytacoman View Post
At age 25 i'm always looking for ways to further my strength gains. Weighing in these days at 235 and benching 405, DL 600, squat 500 all raw and yes i'm a natty. I teach strength and conditioning to my local highschool when i'm not working. Consider me subbed to further my own beast mode abilities.
goddamn 1505 total, beasting man, im barely breaking 1300 raw on my good days. and you weight 40lbs less than me. #feelsbadman
Old 04-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #25
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i wonder how brandon lilly is doing now after his injury
Old 04-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #26
mightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kelby
mightytacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i really hope he is fired.

goddamn 1505 total, beasting man, im barely breaking 1300 raw on my good days. and you weight 40lbs less than me. #feelsbadman
But your 22. I was probably only totaling around 1300# back then so keep at it. At age 25 now- I've been training HARD for over 6 years. This stuff is such a science to find out what works for you and after awhile what worked stops working so its back to the drawing board. Now throw in training someone else and the science completely changes again.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #27

Back day today, gonna pull some sumo and get a little more comfortable with it, i feel like my upper back is losing tension everytime the weight goes pass 400+, need to find some accesory that makes my upper back extension stronger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytacoman View Post
But your 22. I was probably only totaling around 1300# back then so keep at it. At age 25 now- I've been training HARD for over 6 years. This stuff is such a science to find out what works for you and after awhile what worked stops working so its back to the drawing board. Now throw in training someone else and the science completely changes again.
i know that feel man, something worked couple month ago start to plateau, i had to switch from conventional deads to sumo couple month back, and it's been a struggle.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #28

opps
Old 04-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #29

Old 04-29-2014, 04:38 PM   #30
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
FAWWWWKKKKK I missed the gals. Yes, they fucking squat.

Dan Green any one? Dude is fucking beast. I can't wait to get some more weight. Heading out to do squats now. I think all I have is 305lbs so high reps it is.

http://youtu.be/puq4BEJ1OKY
Old 04-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #31
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First day back yesterday since i caught a cold last week, actually a pretty decent leg day.
worked up to 405x5 for 2 sets and dropped the weight and did some pause squats with 375. some glute ham raises and then for the first time ever 30 mins of cardio. i think the cardio sucked more than squatting lol i hate cardio
Cardio? is that spanish?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:52 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerkr2 View Post
Cardio? is that spanish?
gotta make it into my weight class before september
Old 04-29-2014, 06:52 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTaco View Post
FAWWWWKKKKK I missed the gals. Yes, they fucking squat.

Dan Green any one? Dude is fucking beast. I can't wait to get some more weight. Heading out to do squats now. I think all I have is 305lbs so high reps it is.

http://youtu.be/puq4BEJ1OKY
He lives 30 mins away from me, you mirin?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #34
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
No, if I ever saw him I would feel forever small.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:09 PM   #35

Quote:
No, if I ever saw him I would feel forever small.
Haha, i really like some of the powerlifters on youtube, people like
Ben rice
Alexander kang
pete rubish
george leeman
Old 04-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #36
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
gotta make it into my weight class before september
I hear ya, i could lose a few

weigh 230, bench 315, dead 385 and squat 335

just got the bench and dead max this and last week, squat sucks but I always used to skip leg day and just started doing it consistently a few months ago.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:47 PM   #37
Quote:
Haha, i really like some of the powerlifters on youtube, people like
Ben rice
Alexander kang
pete rubish
george leeman
Before a workout I just browse videos. I got tired of the bodybuilder motivational vids...its not very motivating to see a dude flex constantly and then lift baby weights. I really enjoy watching California Strength. Those bastards can put up some good numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CaliforniaStrength
Old 04-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #38

Quote:
Before a workout I just browse videos. I got tired of the bodybuilder motivational vids...its not very motivating to see a dude flex constantly and then lift baby weights. I really enjoy watching California Strength. Those bastards can put up some good numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CaliforniaStrength
hah they are in san ramon, about 10 mins away from me, they have some hot girls lifting real weights too, i might swing by one day.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #39
If I watch their next upload and see you in it I might get a bit jealous. I bet it costs a good chunk to train there.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #40

Quote:
If I watch their next upload and see you in it I might get a bit jealous. I bet it costs a good chunk to train there.
yeah their strength program is around 1000$, but they are more towards training people to be in olympics and stuff.