Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Hearing loss / had enough

Old 05-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
TomTwo is on a distinguished road
Army: 1st Infantry Division
TomTwo's Tacoma Gallery
Hearing loss / had enough

I just turned 55 my hearing in my right ear is very bad. 30 plus years as a mechanic combined with a pistol shooting habit (always used hearing protection) I went to an ear Doctor and when he tested me he said he might be able to increase my hearing if I had surgery. no promises
My question has anyone had surgery and what where your results?
What about hearing aids? Can I just get one or do they come only in pairs?
I do not care about how it looks I just want to be able to hear better.
Any advice would help me get started. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Same here only I hear hissing and whistling constantly. I don't like being cut on. I'd try hearing aids first.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
You can get hearing aids one at a time. My buddy can't hear anything out of the right ear without his hearing aid. He spent years being some sort of gunner and his hearing was toast by the time he hit 40.