Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

smoking after a decade

Old 06-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #22
You don't frighten us, English pig dogs!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
i haven't really smoked cigs in about a decade....but i think its time to start smoking again.

i used to smoke marlboro/camel lights and probably need to start with something light and tasty....what do you guys suggest?
WTF did I just read?

I suggest not smoking. You just said you have a wife and a kid... So you have something to live for.
Plus, you should set a better example for your kid. Kids need role models; watching you throw money away on a habit that will mostly likely kill you and will certainly shorten your life isn't the best precedent to set.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but...
Never met my dad's dad. Smoker.
Never met my mom's dad. Smoker.
One of my uncles died when I was probably 12 (he wasn't 60 yet). He never met his grandkids. Smoker.
I have a cousin who's currently dying slowly of cancer. Smoker.

Everybody dies, for sure. And not smoking won't guarantee that you'll meet your grandkids (you have a kid; it stands to reason that they will someday procreate), but it sure as hell improves your odds.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #23
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
WTF did I just read?

I suggest not smoking. You just said you have a wife and a kid... So you have something to live for.
Plus, you should set a better example for your kid. Kids need role models; watching you throw money away on a habit that will mostly likely kill you and will certainly shorten your life isn't the best precedent to set.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but...
Never met my dad's dad. Smoker.
Never met my mom's dad. Smoker.
One of my uncles died when I was probably 12 (he wasn't 60 yet). He never met his grandkids. Smoker.
I have a cousin who's currently dying slowly of cancer. Smoker.

Everybody dies, for sure. And not smoking won't guarantee that you'll meet your grandkids (you have a kid; it stands to reason that they will someday procreate), but it sure as hell improves your odds.
That's the funniest thing I've read all day!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #24
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Camel non-filters for the win!!!
I like dipping the tips in crack. Mmmmmm....
Old 06-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #25
You don't frighten us, English pig dogs!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
Shrug.
If he's unhappy, divorce seems a better plan than death...
Old 06-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #26
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
If you're in your low 30's and already can't stand your wife then you married the wrong person. Regardless of the situation with one's wife, kids are a good reason to stick around.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #27
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
My buddy from Pittsburgh calls that a stizzy
Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #28
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My dad has lung cancer from smoking.

Don't
Old 06-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #29
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You might as well roll your own cigars and sprinkle a little bit of angel dust in them for added potency

Quote:
Shrug.
That is the obvious answer to that situation. I was just poking fun at the old stigma that every couple hates each other when they are married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If you're in your low 30's and already can't stand your wife then you married the wrong person. Regardless of the situation with one's wife, kids are a good reason to stick around.
Without a doubt. The kids are always a great thing to live for. The whole you have a wife so you have something to live for thing was just a little stab at fun though.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #30
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shrug.
A slow death at that.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #31
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Don't smoke, my dad chewed Tobacco and i wanted to be like him, i started chewing Tobacco when i was 7!! Set a good exzample for your kid..
Just my .2 cents.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #32
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Winker's Tacoma Gallery
What guarantee is there that you can quit again? If you need to take the edge off try some narcotics. If you have a problem, there's rehab!!! Or you can light up a cigarette and pay a hypnotherapist to help you quit.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #33
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
I think smokers are now less popular than child molesters.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #34
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winker View Post
What guarantee is there that you can quit again? If you need to take the edge off try some narcotics. If you have a problem, there's rehab!!! Or you can light up a cigarette and pay a hypnotherapist to help you quit.
now that sounds like a plan
Old 06-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #35
Jefes Taco has a spectacular aura aboutJefes Taco has a spectacular aura about

Jefes Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I quit on Jan 1st, 2001. Started back up about six years later. I recently quit again after smoking for nearly eight years again. I say don't smoke the cigs. Smoke the MJ. It's safer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052501729.html

Quote:
Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection

Network News
X
View More Activity
TOOLBOX
Resize Print
E-mail Reprints

By Marc Kaufman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 26, 2006
The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.

The new findings "were against our expectations," said Donald Tashkin of the University of California at Los Angeles, a pulmonologist who has studied marijuana for 30 years.

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

Federal health and drug enforcement officials have widely used Tashkin's previous work on marijuana to make the case that the drug is dangerous. Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful, its cancer-causing effects appear to be of less concern than previously thought.

ad_icon

Earlier work established that marijuana does contain cancer-causing chemicals as potentially harmful as those in tobacco, he said. However, marijuana also contains the chemical THC, which he said may kill aging cells and keep them from becoming cancerous.

Tashkin's study, funded by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute on Drug Abuse, involved 1,200 people in Los Angeles who had lung, neck or head cancer and an additional 1,040 people without cancer matched by age, sex and neighborhood.

They were all asked about their lifetime use of marijuana, tobacco and alcohol. The heaviest marijuana smokers had lighted up more than 22,000 times, while moderately heavy usage was defined as smoking 11,000 to 22,000 marijuana cigarettes. Tashkin found that even the very heavy marijuana smokers showed no increased incidence of the three cancers studied.

"This is the largest case-control study ever done, and everyone had to fill out a very extensive questionnaire about marijuana use," he said. "Bias can creep into any research, but we controlled for as many confounding factors as we could, and so I believe these results have real meaning."

Tashkin's group at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA had hypothesized that marijuana would raise the risk of cancer on the basis of earlier small human studies, lab studies of animals, and the fact that marijuana users inhale more deeply and generally hold smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers -- exposing them to the dangerous chemicals for a longer time. In addition, Tashkin said, previous studies found that marijuana tar has 50 percent higher concentrations of chemicals linked to cancer than tobacco cigarette tar.

While no association between marijuana smoking and cancer was found, the study findings, presented to the American Thoracic Society International Conference this week, did find a 20-fold increase in lung cancer among people who smoked two or more packs of cigarettes a day.

The study was limited to people younger than 60 because those older than that were generally not exposed to marijuana in their youth, when it is most often tried.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #36
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Most retarded thing I have ever heard. Thanks for driving up healthcare costs, and make sure to buy your kid a comfy chair to sit by your premature deathbed.
While your at it make sure you stop by the tanning bed so you can get cancer faster.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #37

Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
I think smokers are now less popular than child molesters.
At least child molesters have to register and the rest of us know where they live. It's fun to check the registry and throw toilet paper on their lawns.

Smokers don't have to register so it's hard to keep tabs on them. Someone could be smoking in a car and releasing into the air second hand smoke. I think the regulations are a little out of hand. Just walking around town, a whiff of cigarette smoke probably isn't even the worst thing that someone smells.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #38
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Camel non-filters for the win!!!

good idea, kill him off faster that way.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #39
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Just roll a little chrysotile. It's cheaper
Old 06-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #40
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Wait a minute , the OP has the god given freedom to smoke again if he wants to , I thought this was Americuh

You're all a bunch of Socialists , move to Canada and buy a Prius

http://youtu.be/j2zlPNGuPbw