Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Amputee B.S. Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
hmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B
Name: Heath
hmcclung's Tacoma Gallery
Amputee B.S. Thread

I'm wondering if there are any other TW members that are amputees and love their trucks! I am a recent (5/9/14) left leg above-knee amputee. Long story short, I fought for 2 years to save my leg after taking ball bearings from an IED through my knee in Afghanistan. I am getting the Ottobock X-3 for my first prosthetic, after seeing how amazing this device functions for friends.

Are there any other Tacoma lovers like me?

Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
Dwill817 has a spectacular aura aboutDwill817 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for your service and so sorry about your leg. Hope your prosthetic serves you well and your able to get back there. (Not the battlefield, just life lol)
Old 06-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
hmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Drew! I have seen many friends thrive with the use of prosthetics, and am confident I will follow suit soon.

Is that '81 yota I see in your sig still going strong?
Old 06-16-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
Dwill817 has a spectacular aura aboutDwill817 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Yep! It's actually my daily driver! Love also every minute of it! Lol

Hasn't left me stranded yet, but it's about time for a full rebuild or 22re swap! It'll be getting a lift hopefully the weekend of the 28th. I have a build thread on here in the other builds section, though I don't update near enough!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #5

Bump for traffic.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #7

That's awesome Glueman! There are so many inspirational men and women out there that overcome disabilities. I'm glad to hear that guy is out there living it up! I can't wait to be limitless again. Patience...
Old 07-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
One of my best friends is an amputee of his right leg below the knee after a dirt bike jump. He fought for 2-3 years to save the leg to no avail. The infection was a very rough fight. He is still battling blisters on the bottom when using his prosthetic heavily. He's not on this forum but does own a Long Travel 4runner and wheels it/camps with it. Hope you can get your new prosthetic soon and get back to some normalcy.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #9

Thanks Gelo! Friends are absolutely one of the best ways to help guys like me and your buddy keep fighting the good fight. My biggest support is and will always be my wife (newly wed). She's handled everything from long distance, deployments, and all the incredible life changes my injury has created.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #10
<---this guy
jmaack is on a distinguished road
jmaack's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely not a disability. Be strong and don't stop.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #11
Daq80 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Chief
Daq80's Tacoma Gallery
My dad is a prosthetic tech at Balboa naval hospital in San Diego. The things accomplishments of the wounded warriors over there and the things they can overcome is amazing.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daq80 View Post
My dad is a prosthetic tech at Balboa naval hospital in San Diego. The things accomplishments of the wounded warriors over there and the things they can overcome is amazing.
Conquering those challenges and watching others conquer their own is what drives me. There's always someone you think "has it worse" and you see how they fight on and it's about the most inspiring moments in life. But standing behind our own efforts are people like your dad who gives his time and effort to help better another person's physical life- their literal every moment of every day life. That is awesome! Thank your dad for me!

I'm working on a mechanical engineering degree to start working on prosthetic development and testing (figured who better to test a leg than someone who needs one). Plus i deem testing the limits and capabilities of one's self to be quite fun and exhilarating!

Peace Bro,
Heath
Old 10-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #13
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Heath, Thank you for your inspiring dedication and service.