Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Medic!!!! ( :( )

Old 04-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #21
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
did some morning surgery with a knife to get some fresh blood flowing. Im gonna do another alcohol soak in a min.

dont get blood on those nicely painted walls...or on your computer work station...or on Molly for that matter.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Who would have thought!!!! Of all the thing we thought would be responsible for taking chris out it was a freakin splinter!!!
Im not dead yet!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:17 AM   #23
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive...6E9C946097D6CF

http://www.ehow.com/video_2050_remove-splinter.html
Old 04-10-2009, 07:19 AM   #24
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Last night, I was talking on the phone and screwing with some Rail Road ties, and managed to get 2 splinters under the fingernail of my index finger. Yes.....it hurts. I belive I got 1 out, and I had to dig for the other one useing a needle. I got most of it out, but blood started obstructing my view, so I had to stop the search for the rest of the splinter. Also, the pain was causeing my vission to be reduced. I soaked my finger in rubbing alcohol for a while, and called it good. WELL, in the past I have injured myself in just about every way, but I have never had this happen. My Mom and Dad were saying that its gonna get infected. I had a dream last night that my arm fell off. Now then.....The finger is not swollen to bad, but it hurts a little bit still. Not sure if the pain is from my wild digging into it with a needle, or because there may be a little peice of wood still in there. SO, some questions:
If there is still a peice of wood in there, will it come closer to the surface, or come out on its own?
Will it become infected and cause parts of my body to fall off?
Will I die?

Thanks.
Dude, you will want to watch pretty close. My fiances dad had to have his finger CUT OFF because of a splinter, and ever since he keeps us on pins and needles about splinters. I could see that it might be worse in this instance because of the creasote on the rail road ties...
Old 04-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #25
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
Old 04-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboytacoma24 View Post
Dude, you will want to watch pretty close. My fiances dad had to have his finger CUT OFF because of a splinter, and ever since he keeps us on pins and needles about splinters. I could see that it might be worse in this instance because of the creasote on the rail road ties...
Old 04-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #27
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried rubbing dirt on it? My dad used to tell me to rub dirt on all my wounds. He also used to say "Quit crying, pussy." So I also suggest that if you start to cry, quit; pussy.

I suppose the closest I can come to "good" advice is watch for normal signs of infection like lsocoee said. If any major swelling or pus forms, then a doctor needs to look at it.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #29
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
eh, creosote aint going to do anything.

I've had tons of splinters from working on the railroad.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Have you tried rubbing dirt on it? My dad used to tell me to rub dirt on all my wounds. He also used to say "Quit crying, pussy." So I also suggest that if you start to cry, quit; pussy.

I suppose the closest I can come to "good" advice is watch for normal signs of infection like lsocoee said. If any major swelling or pus forms, then a doctor needs to look at it.
I dont cry.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
When Chris is gone and we are done comforting his wife and dog, how long do we have to wait before we start using some of his quotes from this thread in our signatures?
go ahead and use them now. Im gonna haunt you FIRST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
eh, creosote aint going to do anything.

I've had tons of splinters from working on the railroad.
Thanks, Brian.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:29 AM   #32
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OH great, "You roll a seven" and we have no one to help us with our questions....

I've started my candlelight vigil.....My neighbors are confused but have brought over food and helped put up the ribbons. My call into Mr. Lewis for plans for a Telethon have not been returned but I hold out hope.

When will these splinters be banned so no one else can be harmed. Oh the pain, Oh the HugeManatee!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
OH great, "You roll a seven" and we have no one to help us with our questions....

I've started my candlelight vigil.....My neighbors are confused but have brought over food and helped put up the ribbons. My call into Mr. Lewis for plans for a Telethon have not been returned but I hold out hope.

When will these splinters be banned so no one else can be harmed. Oh the pain, Oh the HugeManatee!!!!
I wonder if I could work something out with God, in which I could be a "Tacoma Angel"?

Whoa wait!!!!!!!

Im not dead!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #34

Is there anything I can do to speed up the infection process? Maybe I can pee on it, or something????
Old 04-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #35

yet......
Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #36
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is there anything I can do to speed up the infection process? Maybe I can pee on it, or something????
does Julie know you are into Golden showers?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #37

speed up the infection eh? Hmmm......you could take a ride to South Phoenix and find someone....er, Ummmmm...I mean something dirty to stick your finger in.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #38
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont cry.
I never said you did, just saying if you decided to start that you should stop immediately. Those splinters can develop a mind of their own and often see crying as a show of weakness and then the whole world goes to hell. Remember those walking trees from Lord of the Rings? If those things even hear of a person crying they fly into an uproar and wipe out 87 square miles of land.

I'm just trying to keep you alive, Chris. Who else is gonna answer my stupid exhaust questions? Nobody. That's who.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #39
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboytacoma24 View Post
can I have Molly when you die?

Quote:
you gotta cut the nail closer than that.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
does Julie know you are into Golden showers?
Not yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
speed up the infection eh? Hmmm......you could take a ride to South Phoenix and find someone....er, Ummmmm...I mean something dirty to stick your finger in.
No way. I wanted to speed up the infection, not get a disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
I never said you did, just saying if you decided to start that you should stop immediately. Those splinters can develop a mind of their own and often see crying as a show of weakness and then the whole world goes to hell. Remember those walking trees from Lord of the Rings? If those things even hear of a person crying they fly into an uproar and wipe out 87 square miles of land.

I'm just trying to keep you alive, Chris. Who else is gonna answer my stupid exhaust questions? Nobody. That's who.
Interesting. Im gonna light my torch, and maybe scare the splinter into comming out? OR, would it then decide I was more of a thrreat and try and kill me.........