Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Medic!!!! ( :( )

Old 04-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #41
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
The few of us here are like onlookers at a car crash waiting on Krazie SJ to come rolling up on his bicycle.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #42
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
can I have Molly when you die?
Never thought about it.......Hmmm........Im gonna say "No". You have weird weather over there.

Quote:
you gotta cut the nail closer than that.
Bah!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #43
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Splinters under fingernails hurt like a son of a bitch, my first was when I was 4 years old and Grandpa dug it out with a pocket knife and I still remember that so you know it leaves a lasting impression
Old 04-10-2009, 07:40 AM   #44
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Splinters under fingernails hurt like a son of a bitch, my first was when I was 4 years old and Grandpa dug it out with a pocket knife and I still remember that so you know it leaves a lasting impression
grandpas are fun like that.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:40 AM   #45
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
The few of us here are like onlookers at a car crash waiting on Krazie SJ to come rolling up on his bicycle.
He's gonna post up something like "Keep it elevated, apply a tornaquet, and start an IV"...At which point Im gonna fly up to him, and kick him in the nuts.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Quote:
grandpas are fun like that.
My Grandfather only had like 4 fingers colectively......Im wondering if splinters did them in. He always told me it was from a Combine.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #47
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Will I die?

Thanks.
Bad news, yes... Eventually.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #48
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
hey! what happened to my signature homage?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRock View Post
Bad news, yes... Eventually.
Well, I know that. I dont want to be "Offed" by a peice of wood.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #50
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He's gonna post up something like "Keep it elevated, apply a tornaquet, and start an IV"...At which point Im gonna fly up to him, and kick him in the nuts.
Maybe the IV will have the remainder of his tranny fluid in it.

*Ok, that was my last jab at Krazie.*
Old 04-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #51
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My Grandfather only had like 4 fingers colectively......Im wondering if splinters did them in. He always told me it was from a Combine.
I used to work with a guy that was the only one trained to sharpen reel lawnmower blades. He was missing all the tips of his fingers.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #52

Well, my finger seems to still work as designed. I have been useing it to make these posts, and there is significantly less pain after I stabbed at it with my knife. ALSO, I just used it in a successfull nose picking event.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #53
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
"I Wanted To Die With Wood...Not By Wood."

I can see the writing on the tombstone now!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #54

Quote:
I used to work with a guy that was the only one trained to sharpen reel lawnmower blades. He was missing all the tips of his fingers.
Dam. I had an apprentice at my last company who was missing 4 fingers on his left hand. I called him Nubbs. For his B-day, I chopped 2" off of the gloves for his left hand, and had them sewn up. He threatend to punch me, but then I pointed out that he couldnt make a fist. Weird thing was that where his fingernails should have been, he had hair growing........
Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
"I Wanted To Die With Wood...Not By Wood."

I can see the writing on the tombstone now!
Oh no. I have a friend that already has a few tombstones made up for me.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
My two cents worth....if you really want to dig it out, start but putting the finger on a ice cube or a few, and numb the finger and finger nail.
You may have to notch the nail in the area of the splinter, then go to town on it.
I had to do this to my cousin a month or so back.
Dig long enough the pain will stop, and wear a cup.............
I can handle the pain.....seems my heart rate goes up a bit, but other than that, I can push thru it. My last attempt to dig the last little bit out, failed, as I managed to push the fucker in deeper.
At this point, Im throwing up my arms and saying F it. If it gets infected, and swolen, it will give me more room to work with.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #58
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
This reminds me of what happened to me a few years ago. My friend had a Chevy Corvair that I was working on one day. I was doing something under the dash when I suddenly got a MASSIVE splinter. No clue what it was or where it came from, but it hurt like hell and bled like crazy. Whatever it was, it was too far up in the finger to get out. So I cleaned it up real well and left it in there. Over the next 3 months a bump grew on the tip of my finger until it was pretty noticeable. One night I woke up to go pee, turned on the light and saw that my finger was bleeding like mad. Somehow whatever was in my finger had worked its way out. There was a massive hole where the splinter had been. Went back to bed, saw the splinter sitting there with a little pool of blood.

That was perhaps one of the weirdest experiences I've ever had. I still have a scar from it too. The body does some crazy stuff.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #59

Interesting. After sqeezing the liveing shit out of my finger, some clear liquid started to flow.....THEN, another peice of the splinter came out.........

I may actually live thru this.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #60

After I finish my coffee, Im going back in with the needle and see if I can find more....