Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Medic!!!! ( :( )

Old 04-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #81
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
but that'll hurt your splinter-finger
Fine. I'll kick ya in the nuts.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #82
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
thats not so bad be a man stop crying
Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #83
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
its almost like getting bamboo shoots shoved up your fingernails.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #84
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Can I have your flamethrower when you are gone, or should I ask Julie at the Memorial Service?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #86
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilson1977 View Post
I wouldn't fiddle around with it too much more because you don't want to get foreign containment in there. Simple advice is that if you're really worried about it, go to a clinic and have a Dr. look at it.
Yeah you know you know you got problems when you have a bunch of foreigners containing stuff in your finger.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #87
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I just woke up. Quit being a wanker and stop digging for it. You're more likely to just drive it in deeper.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #88
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
i call dibs on the truck!!!

and by the way man infected fingers are no bueno at all, i had one when i was 12 and the most painfull thing i ever went though it sucked ass. they had to cut the shit out of it and drain all kinds of shit out of it
Old 04-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #89
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
nice ^^^
Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #90
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
so kinda ironic, a guy just came into the er cuz his finger got cut halfway off.... made me laugh a little bit
Old 04-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #91
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I've always heard about using an epsom salt soak to draw out splinters...........worth a try no?
Good luck buddy
PackerfanXD said the same thing.....I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
thats not so bad be a man stop crying
Bah!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
its almost like getting bamboo shoots shoved up your fingernails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Can I have your flamethrower when you are gone, or should I ask Julie at the Memorial Service?
NO! Im being buried with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I just woke up. Quit being a wanker and stop digging for it. You're more likely to just drive it in deeper.
Much like you draining your tranny and dumping it in the coolant tank, too late.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #92
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes, but this is me telling you to not do it anymore. Best thing you can do it keep up with the veggies to help boost the immune system.

How big is the remainder of the splinter in there?

I had one lodged in my foot for the better part of a month cause it was in so deep and the end became frayed and I couldn't get it out with tweezers. In the end it just grew out.

BTW. Hope you don't turn out like Tetsuo in Akira.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #93
Captain is on a distinguished road
Navy: EM2
Captain's Tacoma Gallery
Shouldn't have been stealing the damn railroad ties...hope you don't lose the finger ...good luck...cracked me up..now you know how the prisoners felt when the japanese used this methon in WW2
Old 04-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #94

Quote:
Yes, but this is me telling you to not do it anymore. Best thing you can do it keep up with the veggies to help boost the immune system.

How big is the remainder of the splinter in there?

I had one lodged in my foot for the better part of a month cause it was in so deep and the end became frayed and I couldn't get it out with tweezers. In the end it just grew out.

BTW. Hope you don't turn out like Tetsuo in Akira.
Any of it thats left in there is really tiny. I did a major squeeze on it and another peice came out, but I cant tell if thats all of it. Actually, Now that Im looking at it, I dont see anymore in there. I'll do another alcohol soak, and call it good. Thing was pretty large when it went it, Well, 2 peices went in, but one came right out, the other fragmented and the end stayed, then I pushed it in much deeper trying to fish it out.

To all who want my shit when Im dead, FU.
I told Julie to have my body stuffed, and to randomly post pics of "Me" doing things, so you all think Im still alive. Even better is, SHES gonna give Tacoma Advise.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #95
Resident Jackass

Yeah your finger should be fine. But be careful with all the alcohol soaking. It kills everything including the good cells in there and can actually increase healing time and chances of scaring because the damaged cells in the area can't heal properly.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #96
$DO WORK$

Firefighter:
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Actually, Now that Im looking at it, I dont see anymore in there.
thats what she said
Old 04-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #97

Quote:
Yeah your finger should be fine. But be careful with all the alcohol soaking. It kills everything including the good cells in there and can actually increase healing time and chances of scaring because the damaged cells in the area can't heal properly.
Good to know. Thanks, Buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
thats what she said
Old 04-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #98
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
lol this thread is hilarious. I worked in an emergency room for 2 years as an EMT and now I'm a nurse working on a cardiac floor.

I can tell you this, digging into that damn thing isn't helping haha, if anything you're increasing the possibility of infection. Just leave it, our bodies are pretty intelligent and reject foreign objects so no worries. However if that finger really swells up and starts hurting w/ pus/blood discharge then go to the local clinic.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
lol this thread is hilarious. I worked in an emergency room for 2 years as an EMT and now I'm a nurse working on a cardiac floor.

I can tell you this, digging into that damn thing isn't helping haha, if anything you're increasing the possibility of infection. Just leave it, our bodies are pretty intelligent and reject foreign objects so no worries. However if that finger really swells up and starts hurting w/ pus/blood discharge then go to the local clinic.
Actually, Since I removed that last little peice, there seems to be no more pain. I think I got it all. I know the digging and stuff probably isnt good, but if the end result is a trip to the Dr., then Im gonna get my moneys worth.