Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Tonsillectomy

Old 04-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
garrettski is on a distinguished road
garrettski's Tacoma Gallery
Tonsillectomy

Who can tell me how much pain ill be in?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
No one- I've had tons of surgeries. Some common, some not. the common ones people said "Oh-it'll feel like this or that or the other thing" and they were damned wrong everytime.

I have a high pain tolerance...but mess with stuff near my nose and I'm a pussy.

All that said- Didn't bother me much....::shrug:: Get the best pain pills they will give you and use them the right way...You'll be good to go!!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
JPinCowtown is on a distinguished road
JPinCowtown's Tacoma Gallery
Depends how old you are. If you are 8, it's no big deal. My 16 year old had it done last month and it was a rough week or so. The older you are, the more long and painful the recovery. If you are north of 30?....Good luck. Just make sure you follow the post-op instructions exactly, ie: stay hydrated, eat only what is on the list, etc. On a positive note, you will lose alot of weight (if that's a goal for you) and you get good, good drugs.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
Longhorn.
goofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to all

goofyboy's Tacoma Gallery
my wife is 28. She was on pain meds for 7 days. She was in pain for 7 days. Days and 4 are worse than 1 and 2. This is pretty much true for anyone over 13.

My 2 year old nephew was eating fried foods the same day he had the surgery.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i was young when i had mine done, but my throat hurt for a week.....badly!! about all i could eat was ice cream/milk shakes....that was it.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
im 18 so its going to be rough....
Old 04-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Shouldn't be too bad.............unless they take them out via the pooper.....
Old 04-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
do they do that?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettski View Post
im 18 so its going to be rough....
It won't be as easy as a 2 year old, but it shouldn't be as bad as a 29 yo +. My boss had hers out almost 2 years ago and like others have said, day 3 - 4 are the worst.

Just stock the freezer with lots of ice cream but you will still lose a few pounds.

Good luck