Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Face Transplant

Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Face Transplant

Hard to believe it actually worked! (sort of) Not sure if it looks any better though...
Kinda scarry.......

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090505/...ace_transplant
Old 05-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
whoa.....!!!!

but...it is amazing what they can do nowadays!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
no before pic?
Old 05-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
HigherLux, there is a slideshow in the Yahoo link. I am actually amazed. I mean she was shot in the face, and now at least she has a Face again. Looks much better than Before.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco2134 View Post
HigherLux, there is a slideshow in the Yahoo link. I am actually amazed. I mean she was shot in the face, and now at least she has a Face again. Looks much better than Before.
thanks
i didnt see that
but wow that looks 100x better
Old 05-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
no before pic?
Yes, just click the pic there of the woman with the "fat face". It shows a few of what she looked like after the shotgun blast to her face
Old 05-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Time to get dirty!

monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
thanks
i didnt see that
but wow that looks 100x better
Yea, a little better, but still kinda scarry.....
Old 05-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
i would think after building an entire new face they could manage to shave off those bull dog cheeks with some plastic surgery... i just saw the slide show... pretty insane
Old 05-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
So the caption reads "....is helped to the podium by her head surgeon..."

Do they mean Head surgeon as in the one who worked on her head, or the one in charge?

I'm going to hell.

save me a spot
Old 05-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #11
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
amazing !

awesome...she seems in good spirits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63P5cjovL-E

Old 05-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #12
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Do they mean Head surgeon as in the one who worked on her head, or the one in charge?

I'm going to hell.
Maybe he has help made her able to perform the act?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
save me a spot
Yup right there with you all
Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #13
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
If I got a face transplant I'd want to look like Tom Selleck. Moustache and all.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #14
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I JUST watched the video that I saw on Google News. It was the report from the Today show. (Might be the YouTube link above... didn't watch.)

They said they're not finished yet. There's a lot of loose skin left intentionally around her cheeks in case of swelling. They show a picture near the end of the video that shows what Dr's hope is the end-result. She doesn't look how she once did, but she looks pretty-much normal.

It's already taken 5 years, and it'll take much more time. I can't imagine having that much of my life stolen from me.

And how 'bout her husband? Attempted a murder-suicide w/ a shotgun and failed to kill either person. FAIL-tacular!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #15
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
^Yeah what a loser. You fail at failing. Can't sink much lower hey?

As for her, the side profile is pretty damn good. I'm amazed at what they were able to do before and after.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats pretty amazing!

So.....They can put a new face on someone who had theirs blown off......They can land a remote controled car with a video camera on Mars....They can tell me that there is some 20 legged creature liveing in a home near a volcano 25,000 feet under water, yet they cant get my cell phone to keep a connection with another one 20 miles away?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm going to hell.
Right there with ya on that one, lol. +2 on the "at least she has a face now" observation.

As good of a job as they were able to do, it is miles & miles away from how she looked before yet it is miles & miles away from how she looked after the shooting vs. after the transplant too.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #18
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Navy: ABH
Bart's Tacoma Gallery
This woman should be an insperation to us all. To over come such a tragidey and be in such good spirt's! Just remember no matter how bad you have it someone else has it worse.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #19
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what the big deal is. Nicolas Cage and John Travolta did that years ago.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #20
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thats pretty amazing!

So.....They can put a new face on someone who had theirs blown off......They can land a remote controled car with a video camera on Mars....They can tell me that there is some 20 legged creature liveing in a home near a volcano 25,000 feet under water, yet they cant get my cell phone to keep a connection with another one 20 miles away?