Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Exercises for the triceps?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Exercises for the triceps?

Hey Gang,
Since this new health forum is here, I thought I'd make use of it.

The club I go to has atleast 3 different machines to work your triceps.

I think I have weak elbows cuz even using the smallest amount of weight (10lbs Ekk!!) my elbows feel strained and start aching. It's just umcomfortable no matter which machine I use. My elbows are wussy...

The club has gobs of equipment, so I'm sure there's something I could do that won't hurt the elbows.

Any ideal way (using free weights for example) to exercise the triceps with minimal strain on the elbows?
Old 05-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
do backwards pushups in a chair. Sit on a chair with your legs angled away. Put your arms at your side and lift your weight up away from the chair

or

or

Old 05-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I just took you some pics but then realized I don't have what I need to put it on my computer so i'll do my best to explain.

Lay flat on your back with 2lbs in each hand. Pick your arms up to the ceiling, bend at the elbows towards your face, make certain to go slow and never bend past 90 degrees. Hold there for a second then bring straight up into the air making sure to focus on your triceps, feel the burn at full extension.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I just took you some pics but then realized I don't have what I need to put it on my computer so i'll do my best to explain.

Lay flat on your back with 2lbs in each hand. Pick your arms up to the ceiling, bend at the elbows towards your face, make certain to go slow and never bend past 90 degrees. Hold there for a second then bring straight up into the air making sure to focus on your triceps, feel the burn at full extension.
That's an excellent exercise. As a complement to it, do these as well:
http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/fit...extension.html

The benefit of doing both exercises is that it will work your triceps more thoroughly. It's a matter of leverage and gravity.

With the lie-down extensions, the weight will feel heaviest when your arms are most bent. With the tricep pushbacks described in the link above, the weight will be heaviest at maximum extension when your arm is straight.

If your elbows are weak, start with the pushbacks to minimize the strain on the joint when the arm is bent. As you get stronger, add exercises and bump up the weight.

If you're into supplements, glucosamine condroitin helps for joints and alfalfa helps for ligaments.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
I like alfalfa fields. They attract deer real good like.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #8
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeI1Fr7FNGM

This is exactly what i usually do on tricep\back days!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Push ups and dips. Exercises that will work all your supporting muscles will help strengthen your bows.