LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Braces off

View Poll Results: Have you ever had braces??
Yes 58 61.70%
No 27 28.72%
Yes, Smoked with them and they left spots 1 1.06%
Yes, Smoked with them and they did not leave spots 3 3.19%
Yes, dipped with them and they left spots 0 0%
Yes, dipped with them and they did not leave spots 5 5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #21
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
ah..so I dip while i have them!
Pouches or loose?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #22
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
you can always bleach your teeth.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #23
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracylam711 View Post
I want braces...but my teeth aren't that bad. However, I have an underbite and a long jaw line. Lol and the people told me they have to brake my jaw...NO THANK YOU! So I guess no braces until whenever I really want braces or just tired of hearing my jaw "click". My roommates and all my friends think it's disgusting because when I yawn, my jaw "clicks" and sometimes get lock jawed. However, it does suck because I can't bite into steaks and such, so my meat is always cut up before I eat it. I've lived with it all my life so no worries!

Tell me how they go??? And post pictures of your new pearly whites.
I had an underbite and did the surgery when I was 18 during my Xmas break from college. It really sucked, but I'm glad I did it. I rarely have problems with popping in my jaw. I do clench my jaw involuntarily, so that causes some soreness. Overall, glad I had it done, but still disappointed that my teeth moved some after the braces came off.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #24
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Pouches or loose?

Both, mostly pouches though! But every now and then I like to have a good lose dip!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #25
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I also had an experimental appliance with what essentially amounted to shocks on either side of my mouth to move my jaw forward...
no shit man, I did too. the "Herbst appliance", sounds like it should be washing my cloths instead of being a orthodontic tool.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #26
The Silver blurr...
Tracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TRACY
Tracy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Looked into TMJ? http://www.tmj.org/basics.asp

My jaw locks rarely, pops regularly but I can still eat steak so far.
Yeah, it's been considered but no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
I had an underbite and did the surgery when I was 18 during my Xmas break from college. It really sucked, but I'm glad I did it. I rarely have problems with popping in my jaw. I do clench my jaw involuntarily, so that causes some soreness. Overall, glad I had it done, but still disappointed that my teeth moved some after the braces came off.
Umm...thanks!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #27
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
no shit man, I did too. the "Herbst appliance", sounds like it should be washing my cloths instead of being a orthodontic tool.
haha no shit...thats what i had way back in like 1996/1997

Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
So does anybody who dips pouches have any spots on their teeth while they had braces?

Great question!!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:55 AM   #30
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I think its time for a poll!
Old 06-05-2009, 05:58 AM   #32
Carolina Alliance

I got the Listerine whitening strips last night, crest whitening toothpaste, and act renew mouthwash last night!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #33
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What kind of a poll???

Have you ever had braces?

No
Yes
Smoked with braces left no spots on my teeth
Smoked with braces left spots on my teeth
Dipped with braces left no spots on my teeth
Dipped with braces left spots on my teeth.

Since your the one with the braces, do it lol.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #34
Clever white boy.
wired_af is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
wired_af's Tacoma Gallery
I had braces for 4 years. No stains. Once you get them off and see how straight your teeth are it will make all the pain and stupid shit worth it.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #35
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine for 5 years back in the day. The thing is that when they take them off, the dentist is going to polish your teeth as well as buff all of the glue residue off your teeth. So I wouldn't worry about staining. I drink coffee and red wine on a regular basis and mine aren't stained that bad. I'm also in my 30's, so I've had mine off for well over 12-13 years.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #36
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Listen to all you brace faced geeks! What? Everyone had braces? J/K

My wife was bitching the other day cause she had to endure years of braces and I didn't.....
Old 06-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #37
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
4 years??!! Wow.

You should be worried more about the roots of your teeth shrinking than spots on you teeth
Old 06-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #38
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
4 years??!! Wow.

You should be worried more about the roots of your teeth shrinking than spots on you teeth

What you mean??
Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #39
//TRD
XR-Ace will become famous soon enough

XR-Ace's Tacoma Gallery
congrats dude! i would be happy as hell to if you were finally getting them off after 4 long years. but if you have any stain your ortho will give you a special paste to get them off.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #40
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What you mean??
It's called root resorption and it can occur when wearing braces. The roots of some of the teeth can shrink and lead to the loss of the tooth. The longer you wear braces, the greater the root resorption.